• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it recommended to use free hosting?

topseos

I have made a blog on wordpress and I want to host it so that it can be seen online. I don't have much budget for hosting, so I was planning to get free hosting for my website. Is it a good idea?

Mihailo

Not at all. You should get a paid web hosting. That is not too much expensive today. You can get a web hosting for $5 I think. But, if you are just starting with your blog, you can get a free web hosting.

Be sure to upgrade your plan to premium after one or two months.

p4lse

My friend runs a blog and he does not use free hosting. He uses paid-hosting and it is quite cheap. I would totally recommend you to not try free hosting and rather go for paid hosting. It doesn't cost much and its definitely worth.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with free hosting, especially if its for a brand new site or blog and you don't know how much traffic your going to attract.

Money will be a key issue, and at the beginning of any site you won't be making a great deal off it, so just at the start, to see how things go, you could choose a free hosting service, and then switch to paid hosting later on.

In general there are lots of free hosting services provider and its performance is also good , which basically depends on your requirements .But personally i would like to suggest go4hosting for best hosting services which provides services in such a low cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Greig

I actually see no reason as to why you couldn't start out on free hosting. for instance, if you built your blog via WordPress.com, you get your blog hosted for free, not to mention you can add a custom domain further down the line if you so wish.

The only downside to hosting it for free is that you cannot customize it as much as you would if you bought paid hosting. You can't add themes you want and you also only get a fraction of the many mods available for WordPress.

I would consider buying a cheap package (usually around $3 a month) and get familiar with paid hosting.

rf-harris

If you want stability and reliability and cannot afford any downtime at all then you should not opt for free hosting.

I don't think anybody will advise you to go for a free hosting service. It is money that forces people to go for free hosting services But I don't think anything wrong with that. Once you grow your business with good traffic you can update to a paid version based on your revenue.

A free hosting also gives an opportunity to learn. In a free or shared hosting environment the server is being used by many members and hence sometimes you need to compromise on security and stability of your site. A paid hosting is always better provided you have enough funds to pay the rent.

If I was the one, I did start with a free hosting plan, before I decide whether it is worth it to upgrade to a paid plan, and now there are hardly any site that offer free hosting available, God knows I have searched.

I have used free web hosting but currently I have a blog on shared web hosting. It cost me less than $12 (the charges for one year) to have this paid blog. If you are a beginner, I advise you to begin with a free web hosting, if you have some experience with free, go for a cheap package.

The only free hosting I can say that is good is Blogger.com because I had been there for a long time and my blogs are okay. But what really gets me with other free sites is the slow access due to the ads on their pages. I will not mention the sites but I have tried getting a free web hosting offer from several sites. Unfortunately, it is annoying to see the endless ads on each page and worse, it takes eternity to completely display the main page. Since hosting is now cheap, maybe just pay for it.

I think for beginners, it is advisable to use free hosting, but for some users who need a bigger amount of space and bandwidth it is not advisable that you use free hosting. When I was just beginning to code and design web pages I used 000webhost.com because it is easy to use and you can use it WordPress for free. The only problem is that there is a limit to its bandwidth so I decided to upgrade and get a plan.

Anthony

If you are just starting out and have limited income to spend then free hosting is fine. At least you are getting started with your idea and that is half the battle. Now if you see that there is interest in your site or if you want to make money off your site in the future, then I would get to a paid host as soon as possible.

John129

Need suggestion guys.

I started web development recently. I will get my first project if I can make a website ( including all the domain charges, hosting etc) at a very affordable rate. The client is actually one of my friends who owns a company. The website will be just a static one showing basic information about the company and pictures of their products ( there is no provision to buy the product or any kind of transactions related to money ). So, I was thinking that if I can use free hosting, it will reduce the cost significantly, as a result I will most probably get that project. Is that a wise decision?

luisalex96

As a rule there are bunches of free facilitating administrations supplier and its performance is additionally great, which fundamentally relies on upon your necessities. With regards to web facilitating, there is such an unbelievable marvel as a free lunch. In any case, the administration can be moderate and problematic. Also, the supplier may put promotions on your site. Be that as it may, sites can simply be overhauled or moved to a superior facilitating arrangement. For individuals who need to experiment with having a site, free web facilitating is a decent alternative.

fuzyon

If you have a small site that doesn't generate a lot of traffic I think free hosting will be just fine, but if you even have at least 50+ visitors at all times things may get messy and you may need to invest into a paid hosting plan, which is not that expensive if you know where to look.

hubkamll

If you want to make a free website of very smaller size (personal blog or video blogs), you can opt for the free web hosting and you can also earn money without investment. If you have made a long-term plan for a big business site, you should opt for the top level domain with a paid hosting service,

I have tried free hosting on many occasions. If you don't care about the website development part, then I would recommend it because I wouldn't pay for hosting if I'm not trying to develop the website in terms of code.

If it's something simple like a single page, or niche site, then I would go with something like blogger or wordpress. The thing with those free blog sites is that you don't own them, and they can be taken down anytime. Plus there are many other pros and cons to them.

mobius

Free hosting is alright if you are only interested in dabbling with your website for a while, to test visual themes or traffic acquisition through SEO, or anything you can think without spending a dime. But if you are looking forward to establish a serious site with advertising or paid subscription, then is not recommended at all.

kgord

I would agree with this. I mean, you can get real hosting very inexpensively, like Namecheap for instance. I think that might be the way to go instead of opting for a freebie. Sometimes, well in fact often, cheap is not the way to go. I think just about any paid hosting site is going to be better than a free site.

Top Bottom