• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is cloud hosting reliable?

Under cloud hosting, a network of servers is used so that, when a server is temporarily down, rest of the servers take care of it. But when it comes to storing of sensitive data, most of the clients prefer a dedicated servers over cloud hosting. In the recent times, cloud hosting is growing at a faster pace and is used by big giants such as Google and Apple for storing their data.
I want to know how reliable is cloud hosting, when compared to other hosting platforms?

Yes , as till I had used cloud hosting services from go4hosting , I can say that it is reliable and really provide excellent hosting services in low price.

Last edited by a moderator:

topseos

As you mentioned in your post too that Google and Apple are using cloud hosting. If it was not safe, cooperation like them would not have used cloud hosting for sure. So you can be assured that cloud hosting is reliable. Also you need to chose cloud hosting plans from a reliable providers only to be on safer side.

DnkHrth

I have the same question. I have never used this option and I had very little trust on this. However the fact that Google and Apple trust cloud hosting made me think again.

Cloud hosting is as reliable as any other in my opinion and while in the past people had certain reservations, these days there isn't an issue.

Privacy was also something that caused concern but even that's been addressed now aswell. If it's good enough for the big companies to use, then it's certainly good enough for me anyway.

Anyone who has ever purchased a cloud-based software system is familiar with the Service Level Agreement (SLA). In the SLA, the provider commits to a percentage of up-time, or amount of time the system can be expected to run without interruption. Ideally this would be 100%, but as with most technology, hiccups in service delivery are inevitable.

Chris

It really boils down to the company you decide to go with as far as service. Some companies are better than others as far as reliability. You really have to take the time and do the research on the companies you are thinking about hosting with.

ray

As much I know a person that purchased any of the cloud-based software system should know that there is very strict rule known as Service Level Agreement or the S.L.A. The service provider commits to a percentage of up-time, or a particular time the system can run without interruption approximately. Although the duration of smooth and uninterrupted running should be 100%, but as it’s not practically possible so a little amount of time is mutually agreed.

John129

When it comes to Google and Apple using cloud hosting, it means that they are using a particular 'cloud' technology. They are not going to any cloud hosting provider, instead, they have made their system cloud-based, which means they own it. We can't take the example of Google and say that cloud hosting is reliable.

When it comes to a normal user, the reliability of the service provider should be the factor we need to take into account.

I think they are safe for sure. In compare to past they are growing very rapidly. And I am sure their future is very bright. And also storing data on our local device is not that safe as compare to storing data on cloud.

About reliability, I guess it is also depends on provider of the cloud hosting. Companies like Google and Apple, I am sure they are more secure and reliable than any other.

luisalex96

Unwavering quality; as opposed to being facilitated on one single case of a physical server the site is facilitated on a virtual parcel which draws its assets, for example, plate space, from a broad system of hidden physical servers. On the off chance that one server goes logged off, it weakens the level of asset accessible to the cloud a little yet will have no impact on the accessibility of the site whose virtual server will keep on pulling asset from the remaining system of servers. Some cloud stages could even survive a whole server farm going logged off as the pooled cloud asset is drawn from various server farms in various areas to spread the danger.

Goodman

Yоu саn сhесk thеir wеbsitе аnd lооk fоr а сustоmеrs list. Thе big соmpаniеs thаt аrе lеаding thе mаrkеt аll hаvе оnе. It is sо impоrtаnt tо сhооsе а rеliаblе оnе, bесаusе yоu might nееd thеm оnly оnсе whilе yоu аrе hаving а dоwntimе, but this оnе timе is thе thе оnе thаt соunts аnd саn mаkе оr brаkе yоur businеss.

There are factors like the company you are planning to register with and the fact that the user reviews which need to be considered at the time of deciding to join. As it is easy to say that one company is good at certain point in time however, the same company can go down the next month.

AlexZ

Thеrе wоuld bе diffеrеnt fасtоrs tо tеst thе rеliаbility оf thе сlоud hоsting prоvidеrs. Whilе thеrе mаy bе аttrасtivе rеsоurсе аllосаtеd tо thе сlоud hоsting plаns аnd thе priсing wоuld аlsо bе vеry tеmpting, dо nоt fаll fоr еntiсing оffеrs, rеliаblе сlоud hоsting prоvidеrs оffеr pаy pеr соnsumе, аutо sсаlаbility, еxubеrаnt suppоrt еtс. Thе usеr will соmе tо knоw if thе сlоud hоsting sеrviсе is rеliаblе оr nоt оnly аftеr thе sеrviсе is аvаilеd.

lebronCC

Cloud security is not better than any other hosting solution. Several cloud services providers have already encountered security issues, even some secure storage like dropbox. If the word cloud is about using server clustering to provide high-availability, almost all hosting providers are already using similar solutions, without using "Cloud" to have more sales.

Cloud hosting as being utilized could provide the following beneficial features such as reliability, physical security, scalability and flexibility, utility style costing, among others. This is the reason why the big business in the field of Internet like Google and Apple are using this kind of system.

This system of hosting business sites and data storage is handily accessible for it is being processed in virtual system.

Last edited:
I have never tried cloud hosting. The reason for not trying cloud hosting is not because I do not trust cloud hosting, it is because I have small websites that get moderate traffic. Furthermore, I am also on short of budget. Instead of paying $60 per month for cloud hosting, I will pay this amount to host for the entire year. I believe c;loud hosting is very reliable.

Cloud hosting facility as far as its price or cost is concerned is too costly. As what you have mentioned, @Vinaya you only "small" websites, that of course, require a small budget for its maintenance. Unlike those big sites like Go,ogle and Apple which they could afford to spend much for their data storage and everything, spending much is not a problem for them for they're receiving enormous return of investment then.

GraceB

One could argue that it's *the* most reliable way, because all the big companies have multiple backups on RAID systems, so even if some of them fail, nothing will be lost. Then again this also means that your data is multiplied on their servers, so the risk for data brach increases a lot. I would recommend that you encrypt any and all files you upload to the cloud so that even in the worst case scenario nobody will have access to your data.

Top Bottom