• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Interacting with celebrities may help you get followers on twitter

Having followers on social media have one big advantage, it would be easier to promote things. Whether you want to promote a business , a website or your self, having followers have a lot of perks. There are many ways to get followers but I will share a method that works. Interacting with famous people. A single retweet or a single reply may get you some followers from their large pool of fans. If you get their approval, so does their fans.

You need to find what strokes their ego or what will make them smile. Don't post something. That will creep them up but post something that will give you their attention and their fan's attention.

Here are some methods that works:

1. Agree with their opinion - Let's say a famous pop starlet made her opinion about a certain controversial issue. Reply to her opinion sensibly and make her feel that she is right. That single reply may star a conversation or retweet.

2. A personalized digital gift- Celebrities loves retweeting fan arts of them and singers loves retweeting song good covers of their songs.

3. Join their bandwagon - Celebrities always try to make a hashtag campaign that they want to trend. Let's say the actress from the movie "Mean girls", Lacey Chabert wanted #Fetch to trend on twitter. Make a tweet that uses her hashtag campaign and associate it with her.

4. Follow them - there are celebrities who went retweet someone's post if that person is not following them.

5. Do not spam them -if they mark you as Spam, you will easily get banned. Every message we should send them must be natural. Don't make sucking up way too obvious.

That's the method I'm already been using ahah is it the most political correct, hum no that much, does it work? Hell yeah, you will get load of followers!

Reps to this post and great tips :D It'll definitely help the ones who wants some followers/views! :p

There is another way of interacting with celebrities, try to get on their nerves without breaking the rules and guidelines. If you managed to make a celebrity angry, you might be able to have their haters follow you. If you try insulting Justin Bieber, His haters will actually give you attention. The only downside is the harrassment you wik get from fans of that celebrity. When a teenage girl gets mad at you, she won't leave you alone.

There is another way of interacting with celebrities, try to get on their nerves without breaking the rules and guidelines. If you managed to make a celebrity angry, you might be able to have their haters follow you. If you try insulting Justin Bieber, His haters will actually give you attention. The only downside is the harrassment you wik get from fans of that celebrity. When a teenage girl gets mad at you, she won't leave you alone.
Hahahaha, "When a teenage girl gets mad at you, she won't leave you alone." That cracked me up but it is SO true!
I think this is a possibly successful way to gain likes and followers but I don't know if it's the right way for me to go. I need genuine interest not just random likes.

True story, but then you got what you want: followers. No matter what kind, haters or "likers", it counts as a follower ahah that's what the celebrities do when they are not being spoken over the internet or the magazines, they do something stupid so they catch paparazzis attention again haha

Also, if you want to get a lot of followers, you have to post this message on your profile, "Follow me and I'll follow back." That's what I have been seeing lately on Twitter, and instantly, you will get quite a number of followers. :)

stargazer

The only thing I managed to do with some celebrities was to have photo op with them.

I didn’t notice though if I gained an additional follower when I posted my pictures with David Pomeranz, and Filipino celebrities like Alvin Patrimonio , Vicky Morales and others.

But of course, I gained new friends because of my favorite Asia’s Got Talent Golden Girl, Gerphil Flores.:)

Hahahaha, "When a teenage girl gets mad at you, she won't leave you alone." That cracked me up but it is SO true!
I think this is a possibly successful way to gain likes and followers but I don't know if it's the right way for me to go. I need genuine interest not just random likes.
They do get genuine interest, some fans who followed me are now following my blogs. This method worked well to some Deviant art artist, bloggers and Youtubers. I do give them the content related to the celebrity they idolize but once they get use to my tweets, that where I do promotional stuff. Many YouTube stars also used this method. Interacting with celebrities helped him give attention to his parodies. When I promote my blog, I act like its not my blog and I just found it. It make things less spam my.

For getting more followers on twitter you must need to follow more celebrities than fav there all tweets and also reply them, second thing you should done follows those peoples who will follow back you, I see many peoples who follow back so they will good for you.

My Twitter account is inactive because I don't really tweet. But my Facebook account is quite dynamic more so if my celebrity friends would comment on my posts. Last night when I checked my post in Facebook, there was the comment of a known rapper and some of my friends reacted to that post to say that they were surprised to know that the rapper was my friend. And he is a good friend. I have many celebrity friends in Facebook (celebrities that I know personally) and they indeed raise the number of activity in my posts.

Based on my experience , its very easy to get retweets from wrestlers. They retweet every single fan art of them and they reply to every sucking up and they also confront haters. Their companies forces them the active in Social media so they were very attainable. Videogame developers are also great options. Make a fan art of their characters and you will get that glorious retweet that can give followers who will subcrsibe to you. You have to continue doing the reason why they subscribe to you in the first place so they will stay. Do not spam celebrities though. Interacting with them will give you subscribers but don't make them report you.

Kennito

This sounds like it can work if put into practice. I feel like it takes alot of effort though its better than using bots as you get real followers.

deepa

That is a great trick and thanks for educating us. I use # hash tags while tweeting and this got me replies from Norton, an antivirus company. I was surprised and happy that they took the time to reply. Using hash tags can help you get noticed, provided it should be related to the link.

Interacting with a celebrity is probably the easiest way to get your social media to blow up, even if sometimes you don't want it to.

I was at a game and had my picture taken with a well known football (soccer) player, he even had a chat with me, very down to earth, nothing like you'd imagine a millionaire celebrity to be.

After the game I put the picture of me and him on Twitter, like you do, and tagged me and him both in it and never thought anything of it. A few hours later I had about 200+ notifications on my phone, all from Twitter, wondered what was going on and I looked, and the football player in question, had wrote on there "Great to chat and see you at the game today my friend, see you next week". He was obviously just being polite, and must have remembered me, that was all.

But since he put that on I got over 2000 retweets, even more people had marked it as a favourite and I was suddenly followed by about another 1500 people from all over the world who I'd never heard of before. Even people I did know personally were asking me why I never mentioned I was friends with him before, and the whole thing got a bit crazy.

I tried to explain I didn't really know him, and his comments was just a polite, generic comment because I go to all the games, and he happened to remember me from that picture, but in the end I gave up. People to this day still ask me how I know him and next time I see him can I introduce them, I just say yes, of course I can, from now on as I can't be bothered explaining the whole story!

So that just shows, get one major celebrity to interact with you, and your Twitter will be the best advertising platform you'll ever have.

Top Bottom