• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Instagram gets my vote

At some point I want to say I have a handle on most of these social media sites but I can't just yet. Still I have to say that at this point, Instagram has my vote for being the most effective method we have used to reach customers at present.

I am in the retail clothing business and while we also use Facebook to promote our product, the response we get from Instagram far exceeds that of Facebook. Has anyone here been using Instagram to promote a product or service? Do you even have an opinion on this social media network?

Last edited:
I think that Instagram is another good social media place to promote. It's so easy because all you have to do is take a photo and then add a caption, and then people will come you page. And if you use relevant hashtags, then you will get even more people coming to your page. I think that it's one the best sites to get reach on, to other people. Especially like you said, when you're trying to promote your clothing, it's pretty easy.

lludawg

Instagram is definitely the place to advertise if you are selling clothing or anything else to do with fashion. However, if you are advertising a webmaster forum or something like that, Instagram may not work. I used Instagram to promote my skincare forum and it worked pretty well. I mostly shared photos of skincare products as well as models. When I gained a huge fan base, I shared the link to my forum and got many new members.

While I started the thread and spoke to Instagram getting my vote, I have perhaps 5 followers if so many. Perhaps I need to look at getting involved myself but I see it as such a young people's thing. I think the users at the shop have about 5000 or more followers combined. If I can find a way to convert them to customers, I would be a happy camper.

Often I have to check in to make sure they are actually promoting the products. One youngster in particular uses the platform mostly to promote himself. Still I happy to hear people calling to inquire about something they saw posted on Instagram.

I agree. I have used Instagram and I gained so many leads and sign ups. It has always been very effective for me and I should go back to doing that. I haven't posted in a while. (On my business page that is) I absolutely love Instagram. I was with them since the beginning in 2010. It grew so much. It is now a huge target. I get ads popping up on my newsfeed regularly from big brands, even if I don't follow them

Since you are on retail clothing business, I think you have made a great decision in making an Instagram account. I know a lot of online fashion stores that are posting their products/items on Instagram. I think that's the best way to do it.

Kennito

At the moment, I feel like Instagram is the best platform for marketing. It is weird that I have never opened an Instagram account though I have been in online marketing for more than one year.

I am here sitting at my clothing outlet and my first sale for the day came because someone saw something on IG and came to check it out. I did not have the size in the item that he was looking for, but IG got him to the store and we did the rest.

Like I said earlier I am not the one at the helm of the promotion for my store but once I get involved I am sure it could benefit us even more. I also say again that it's where the young people are at. If that's who you are looking to target you have found the right place.

Last edited:

srock

I agree, Instagram seems to be a very effective marketing tool! I love the use of hashtags and the simplicity of the app makes it easy to direct businesses to their customers, and customers to the business site! Another way I see businesses utilizing Instagram is by searching relevant tags and liking photos with that tag, leading the user back to their business.

Instagram are really a good marketing tool. There are people making money with this advertising brands. But I think Instagram is very goos App, you can interact with friends and famous people, like photos or search hashtags. I think nowadays it is the best App.

At the moment, I feel like Instagram is the best platform for marketing. It is weird that I have never opened an Instagram account though I have been in online marketing for more than one year.
Try it, but don't spam because spam accounts get deleted really fast. And also, don't post on other people's pages a lot or you will be banned for 24 hours. They won't delete your account, but you will be banned for 24 hours and then you an do it all over again

Kennito

Try it, but don't spam because spam accounts get deleted really fast. And also, don't post on other people's pages a lot or you will be banned for 24 hours. They won't delete your account, but you will be banned for 24 hours and then you an do it all over again
They actually changed there policy few months ago after which most account has been deleted. You have to be smart to get away with Instagram spamming.

They actually changed there policy few months ago after which most account has been deleted. You have to be smart to get away with Instagram spamming.
They didn't delete me. And I didn't know that they changed their policy, but if you really serious about money from social media said, I got something that may be of interest to you. This social network literally pays you to post. If interest please message me, because I do not think that I can post links on here like that. I usually send links in my inbox

At some point I want to say I have a handle on most of these social media sites but I can't just yet. Still I have to say that at this point, Instagram has my vote for being the most effective method we have used to reach customers at present.

I am in the retail clothing business and while we also use Facebook to promote our product, the response we get from Instagram far exceeds that of Facebook. Has anyone here been using Instagram to promote a product or service? Do you even have an opinion on this social media network?

I think that for your niche it is absolutely perfect. I see so many vanity driven women on instagram that it is crazy. They are always looking for the latest fashions. The newest makeup techniques, and accessories. I am glad that you have found something that works for your business.

deepa

I signed up long ago but the replies here inspire me to start all over again. I am interested in photography and will definitely try to use the best photos to promote my links. To get followers is the hardest part especially when the site is full of so called vain people.

Me and my brother sells original Nike shoes and Facebook is our platform to sell the products. Since our business had just opened, we are still struggling how to sell the products.

Thanks for suggesting Instagram. I realized that those Instagram posts can also be posted on FB at the same time. Since I have no IG account, I am going to make one.

gabr1ela1

Yes, Instagram is a place where you can find anything and do anything you want as long as you promote what you know ...
Yes it is very good for online business and for the home, that I saw that many were pushing what can be sold and personal.
From what I know Facebook is not so ok in connection with the promotion, ie essentially not put yourself in the world account.

Top Bottom