• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

I want to make my own forum and this is my plan

I am planning to make my own forum and my plan is to first make multiple accounts with different personal and characters. Those fake accounts will have "conversations" so people will have some sort of an idea what kind of discussions the forum wanted. Once I have those fake discussions set, I will try to use the services of sites like Post loop or The Forum wheel and pay people to make discussions or reply on topics. I believe the fake discussions will guide the hired members on what is the theme of the forum and what kind of threads I wanted only forum.

After that, I don't know what to do next. How can I attract casual members, AKA members that I don't have to pay. Is advertising logos on popular websites going to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it sounds like a good way to get people to your site. I'm sure that if you tell you're friends and other people that you know, they might also want to join it. I'm sure that there are places you will be able to promote it also. People are always looking for a new forum to join, so I'm sure that it won't take you long to get people on it. Having those fake accounts does seem like it will be a good idea. As far as advertising I'm not sure about that. I'm sure that it might not hurt though.

The purpose of the fake accounts is to give the Forumwheel and Postloop people have an idea what the forum is about. I see a forum owner who is not happy with the result because of the kind of threads people posted. I know someone who created a forum the fantasy genre of movies and books but the threads he is getting are sexual fantasies and fantasy football.:D:confused:

The fake accounts are only temporary, I will use them as a guide for the paid people. The paid people on the other hand will influence the people who joined by them selves.

That is actually a pretty great scheme. Well, after that, to be able to attract other forum posters, you have to do some sort of internet marketing. Promote your forum on various websites, even on social media platforms. You don't have to pay for that, you can do free advertising since social media is always available to the public. Best of luck!

stargazer

The_Arctic_Outcry, maybe, those fake accounts you are planning may work in the beginning as you for your forum. Just be careful not to divulge that poster a, b, c and so forth are one and the same person. . Smart readers might notice it with your writing style.;)

But maybe, it could be better to make a blog on topics you want to be discussed and create a forum page that should be strictly moderated as per guidelines or rules you implemented.

You may invite your friends and fellow forum posters-turned-friends as well. :D

Bilby

It is far more honest to simply recruit a small band of early users. I had a thriving forum for many years based on starting it as a method for me and two friends in other cities using it as a chat area about our hobby.

Users are attracted to organic interactions that intersect with their interests. If there is a niche for the forum people will indeed find it from search engines and be drawn into threads.

IMHO "personas" of the same person share subtle ticks of expression that everyone has and are more easy to detect than most people think -- or at least they provide discussion that lacks the kind of depth needed to create engagement.

The purpose of the fake accounts is to give the Forumwheel and Postloop people have an idea what the forum is about. I see a forum owner who is not happy with the result because of the kind of threads people posted. I know someone who created a forum the fantasy genre of movies and books but the threads he is getting are sexual fantasies and fantasy football.:D:confused:

The fake accounts are only temporary, I will use them as a guide for the paid people. The paid people on the other hand will influence the people who joined by them selves.
Yeah, that's what is able to make your plan sounds like it will work. PostLoop and ForumWheel will see that you have people who want to post on there and have active it is and they will accept you to the site. The only problem that I could see is keeping the people posting on your site. I know that a lot of people who use PostLoop and ForumWheel will only post because they are getting paid for that. That's at least what I have heard from some people. So, that might be something that you would have to think about.

You can also try having your friends post on your forum. You can brief them on what kind of topics you would want in your forum. It will be easier this way as you will have an actual topic and conversation with them to start the forum.

Be strict with the rules in your new forum and ban those who will not follow. This is to ensure that only people who like the topics will stay in there.

@stargazer I will try to make the take personas will have different personalities so the people won't realize its one person talking to his self. I will stop using them the moment I have the paid people. Now what I want to learn is how to get more unpaid people. My purpose for the paid people is to influence the unpaid members. I don't want the non paid members find out about paid members though. I caught a person pretending to be different personas before online and I won't be making the same mistakes. I will stop using the services of paid people once the number of unpaid member increases.

That's not a bad plan but you'e to have a lot of time on hands and the patience to talk to self for long. You can think that the new users will understand your intentions to guide them but it hand been this way, the world had been just much better place to live in! :)

The basic rule is you've to have content on the niche - general discussions will take away the flavor of your forum even if they are not objectionable discussions. And when it comes to content, well, it's on you otherwise every other forum will be a success which is apparently not true. Pehaps having a blog with Forum is a good idea too.

Good Luck! :)

It's a good idea, you will need to invest some money in order to buy those points on Postloop or Forum Wheel,
but I guess that you will gain traffic/users posting nearly instantly, and maybe some of them will stay for not being paid?
You never know, also promote your forum on different social media for ex. Facebook, and maybe invest in paid
advertisments? The discussions I personally would join would be Money making methods type of discussions,
but also discussions that would relate to entertainment like for ex. films, music, books, sports, interests and just general chit chat.
Let us know when you will create the forum, I will gladly join. :)

It's a good idea, you will need to invest some money in order to buy those points on Postloop or Forum Wheel,
but I guess that you will gain traffic/users posting nearly instantly, and maybe some of them will stay for not being paid?
You never know, also promote your forum on different social media for ex. Facebook, and maybe invest in paid
advertisments? The discussions I personally would join would be Money making methods type of discussions,
but also discussions that would relate to entertainment like for ex. films, music, books, sports, interests and just general chit chat.
Investing in Forum is very good idea but there will be option one which you mention Like Forumwheel and Postloop and another one which will also be effective if you give rewards to the posters it will also effect on the forum and Will increase the Forum activity.
I aslo seen some forums which are investing on it they are becoming successful but those who are not investing they didn't reach at that point.

I will just use PostLoop and the Forum wheel to design the forum the way I wanted it to be but I will do try to spend money on advertisement and promoting in social media as well. I will try to do the forum. Next year because I am saving a lot of cash and I am learning the necessary knowledge I needed to make it happen. I am not sure if my forum will be your cup of tea because it is going to focus on folklore, mythology and conspicsry theories. I know is a crazy route to go for but I seem how much views conspiracy theory videos get on YouTube.

I don't think it's not a bad idea to have fake accounts to steer the community into the right direction. But you cannot do it all the time unless your community is composed only of paid content writers. What happens when outsiders come in and join your forum, how could you direct them to the direction you desire? I think it is better to have moderators who would do that for you, who would call the attention of erring forum members to get back to the right track. That's what we did with our forum when things were going great with a big community.

Tal

Sound like a pretty good plan, but not for longer period, just for the short one. As you know sites like post loop don't bring people specifically for the forum's subject, just general people.

Raiden

Hmmm. A decent plan, I suppose. I could never do that - make alternate accounts and, essentially, talk to myself. Make sure to hide the fact you're the same person, very well - if someone catches wind of it, it could go very badly for you and your forum. As far as advertising goes - find promotion forums, advertise there, use social media, tell your friends, family, etc.

Well, when you make this forum that you are talking about, let me know. I will gladly join it. I too have wanted to create a forum site, but I'm too lazy to work on it right now....or probably ever. I think that I will stick to joining other people's forums for now until i get motivated enough to create my own forum. It's less work

Top Bottom