• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I notice a lot of the hoax sites are so good at search engine

Would you post hoax articles to get traffic

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Whenever I am searching for information about some upcoming seasons of a TV show, upcoming sequel of a video game or movie and whether a cancelled show will be picked up by another TV network, these fake sites will show up on the results.

For example, If I decided to search about the new Season of the hit Anime attack on titan. The hoax news websites Christian Today,Latin Times and Kpop stars will begin the results with their fake articles that contains false information.

Why the a heck a website about Christianity, Social issues about Hispanic community and Korean Pop music make an article about Japanese Anime show about Giant monsters killing humans for food. It seemed like many websites are making false articles to click bait fans who are desperate for new information.

Kpop stars once made an article that Harry Potter will have another sequel. I notice that these websites are abusing SEO with wrong information to lure people to their sites and get traffic. If I have a website I will do SEO the fair and square way. I don't want to post wrong information because I want people to visit my website again. I wish these hoax makers should be punished for their SEO abuse.

Last edited:
There's no benefit to posting fake or hoax articles as the content might help get traffic, it will be the wrong kind of traffic. You will get one visitor, they will view the article, realise it's fake and then not come back. Also your site could get a less than favourable reputation just for posting that one article.

What you want is traffic that will keep coming back and your site to have a good reputation, the only way to get that is to keep your content fresh and updated but you also have to make sure it's legitimate aswell.

Do you mean to say, when you search a certain thing, other irrelevant things show upon search engine,just as you search Anime and the Google result shows websites on Christanity, Hispanic community etc.

Irrespective of the nature of the website, many people target wrong keywords, they will use the popular keywords when it actually has nothing to do with the contents of the website. Based on the keyword, these websites will be shown on search engine. However, these fack websites will be penalized soon and will be sent back to the bottom

I'm not sure if SEO techniques have got cleverer or if people have got more stupid but I'm sure we've all at one point searched for something and been faced with a list of irrelevant sites that haven't got anything to do with our original search.

Sites are now more keyword orientated than ever before and if they can twist a search term to incorporate their site being listed then they will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

I know there Are those scam sites as well that targets pirates and their SEO techniques were unavoidable. Many of those scams target pirated content searchers who wants to watch a TV show episode and they will trap them to those survey scam traps. Even if people added the keyword "no surveys" or "-survey", they will still pop up.

People like me who just want to search for article and update about something I anticipated have it rougher though because fake article sites like Kdramastarz were invading the Google search results. The pirates in a way deserved to be scammed by Survey traps but people who just want a new information on an upcoming movie or video game don't deserve to be bombarded by these hoax articles with good SEO.

You are absolutely right. I also experience this and it is a real nuisance. They are taking advantage of SEO techniques for their selfish goals.

Its just like terrorists taking advantage of most advanced weapons against humans itself. They are the people who knows how to operate it better. But it is in the wrong hands. I think a search engine like Google should do something about it. But practically speaking, how Google can do something in this deep sea of fake sites! Is there any way we can report these sites to Google?

We also have lots of those fake sites here and I noticed that they are capitalizing on current issues. Right now the election fever has started so there are sites that headline about potential presidential candidates. Fans of a particular potential candidate would surely click on a site that purportedly has interesting news about the politician. But it has nothing except the disclaimer at the bottom that the article was written ay an unknown author. Those spammers of hoax sites are so good at SEO, they do research on what's trending and use those words or phrases.

When it comes to reporting sites to Google I don't think people will have much luck getting a response.

Google took over YouTube and one of the terms and conditions was that you could report any offensive comments on videos and they would be looked at. Now I've never reported anything myself but people who have, haven't had any response and the comment is still there so if Google can't moderate YouTube, it certainly won't be able to do the most used search site in the world.

Anybody here who can tell me how to report sites that post hoaxes? I am sick of seeing these hoax news sites popping out on then first 2 pages of my search results. Those hoax articles kept on changing dates so people will think they were a recent news when they were nothing but an old click bait article scamming people for years. I really despise these sites and their annoying fake news. Imagine people fell for their fake hoaxes that they share it on their social networks posts.

GenkiWORld

Being a huge anime fan, I often face the same issue you do. Whenever the new anime season comes up and I’m searching for legitimate information about upcoming titles of popular anime shows, these fake websites will pop up with their false information.

The issue is that not only are they fooling the search engines with click bating unsuspecting fans with their false information and articles, but they are also fooling fans who don’t know better. These fans will read those articles, take the false information as fact and spread it along to other fans through linking the sites.

This starts a chain reaction that will doubtfully bring new readers and viewers to their content. Many will see the information as false and dismiss it, others will not. Meanwhile the false sites are benefiting from this attention and getting richer, while the rest of us, honest SEO writers struggle to make even one cent, or even to gain honest readers.

This is a shame, but like good con artists, they do their homework right at least when it comes to taking advantage of us and search engines are just that, search engines, they can’t tell the difference between truth or lies if the right SEO is put to use.

At the end of the day, it's a fact that people in general like a good story, or will always be intrigued by a rumour that they see, so we're all probably guilty of adding to the problem to a certain extent.

People see a headline and automatically click on it because they want to read the gossip and that link that's on their screen is the easiest way to do that. Really what people should do is search the legitimate sites that are out there and try not to just click on anything and everything that comes up.

It really sucks that legit news sites are not as good in SEO as these fraud writers were. If I am as Good in SEO as they were, I will try to make a websites that debunks hoaxes so less people will fall for their click bait traps. I hate the fact these fake articles are getting viral online because they were fooling fans who just wanted an update about something they enjoy. I think these sites are not punished because they still appear on many of m search results on Google. They don't deserve the traffic they were getting.

Well never, especially if we are talking traffic only. Not even if I get a good conversion rate, you can get in lot of trouble for a hoax website.

Top Bottom