• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I just realized youtube removed the dislike button in the comment section

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what is the reason why they get rid of it but this button use to be helpful on burying the comments of the internet trolls. Facebook is returning their dislike button while Youtube is removing theirs. I guess we can't get all good things at the same time. I don't know why they removed this button. Now many trolls can easily get top comments because people can't pull them down. I guess they did it because Youtube really want people to fight.

Wait a minute, you mentioned about Facebook's dislike button. Is it already functioning? I go to Facebook daily but I haven't noticed. With Youtube's removal of the dislike button, I guess it is because of complaints that the button was being used to get back at videos they don't like. That feature can be abused no end when a brigade would be used to click the dislike button. Can you imagine your video getting 1 like and 100 dislikes? It is insulting.

I don't know why Facebook has introduced a dislike button. It is a social platform where we, generally, connect with the people we know, and no one wants to hurt a familiar person by clicking a dislike button.

As for YouTube, there is no string attached. If you do not like a video, you may press a dislike button. Here, the authority might have omitted the option to protect a provider's sentiment. After all, no one likes to accept a negative remark even if his work is not up to the mark.

LOOOL this is the most nonsense change I've seen on either Facebook and YouTube... Well, Facebook it makes somewhat sense because there are sometimes where you really want to click the dislike button in a page that you like or some publication that appeared on your wall because of friends of your friends or random publicities for example!

But removing youtube dislike is hillarious....

I just checked YouTube now and the dislike button is still there. I am not sure if they purposed to remove it for a while and the put it back.

The dislike button in the comment section is still visible but it's function is already removed as you wont see the number of dislikes a comment have. The dislike button for videos is still functional. The ones for the comments is the one that is gone. It is visible but it is now useless as nothing will happen if you click it. You wont see the comment's number of dislikes appearing.

The dislike button in the comment section is still visible but it's function is already removed as you wont see the number of dislikes a comment have. The dislike button for videos is still functional. The ones for the comments is the one that is gone. It is visible but it is now useless as nothing will happen if you click it. You wont see the comment's number of dislikes appearing.
LOOL seriously? Why would they do something like that? Dislike button is as "important" as the like button. I mean, generally you would use that button when someone is being rude or something like that, in that situation that comment should be deleted or be in the bottom comments. So it's not that bad that they disabled it. But it's strange... it doesn't do any bad to anyone...

They both should keep the button. There are times when I would get a post that I really dislike what is said and I would like to be able to just hit a dislike button rather then have to voice my disapproval. It makes it easier.

I don't think facebook is going for dislike button anytime. About youtube, I guess they have taken right step. Many people are misusing it. Just pressing dislike button for invalid reason will be unfair for the video poster. That's why I don't think it is bad news.

MrZekrom

bluegreethat most ost: 4687 said:
LOOL seriously? Why would they do something like that? Dislike button is as "important" as the like button. I mean, generally you would use that button when someone is being rude or something like that, in that situation that comment should be deleted or be in the bottom comments. So it's not that bad that they disabled it. But it's strange... it doesn't do any bad to anyone...
This. It seems that most of us don't know that dislike button is as important as the like button. It is a reflection of something that is not good in a video.

jb23k

You have a option to block trolls on youtube. There's no need for the dislike button at all. When I block a troll on my videos or even a comment mentioning me I can no longer see anything they post. So If your concerned about blocking trolls there are other options besides the dislike button.

I didn't notice that had happened actually since I really never voted on that. I guess there were complaints about the dislike button for too much conflict. Now I see it is functioning so I guess people were better having it there.

27DogBite

I am glad they have got rid of it. It saves on arguments!
As far as I could see, that blooming button only ever caused rows. If you don't like something, walk away, you don't need that button.

I don't have a dislike button on my facebook. Is dislike button available only to certain locations?
I was not aware about Youtube removing dislike button, this is the first time I heard that youtube removed dislike button. The only problem with this is how do we control spam comments now.

27DogBite

I don't have a Facebook account so can't comment on that.
As for spam comments, can we ever really control them?! The lack of a dislike button won't have any effect on that I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom