• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to increase views on my youtube videos?

I have a YouTube channel which was created around six months back with 15 videos on various subjects. For the first week I was somewhat interested in it and did some marketing activities by posting the links in related forums. I got some good results based on that. Later I lost interest in it and did not do anything for quite some time.

But now when I opened it I could see that it has already earned $15 for me with some 6k views on it. I think it could have been better if I had spent more time on advertising the videos. Now I really wanted to get into popularizing my videos.

I just wanted to know what are the most effective ways for marketing YouTube videos? Ideas of both free and paid options are welcome. I am not interested in PTC or traffic exchange related options as Google Adsense is very strict against use of these mediums.

Hugop

There are many ways to increase views on YouTube.

1. Powerful keywords
Using powerful keywords, your video is going to collect a lot of views. Powerful keywords could be "video", a known word used in most videos and "vide" for the ones that misspelled video.

2. Unique titles
Let's say you are making a Let's play video about Pong. Bad titles would be "Let's play Pong - Part 1". Good titles would be "Lets play Pong - Part 1: I am such a loser".

3. Your user profile
As you know, your user profile can be edited. You can make a video automatically play when someone visits your channel which gives you automatically a view(not everytime sadly). That place is supposed for an introduction video but they are boring and no one wants to see it. Do not make an introduction about you but about your videos as good as you can.

4. YouTube forums
There are some YouTube forums on the internet which you can use to promote your videos and get more subscribes. Use them to have YouTubers watch your video!

In order to get more traffic to your youtube videos, you need to create videos on interesting topic. Look for the topic that is going viral and make video on the topic that is attracting visitors. Videos based on current topic for instance news and current happenings get more visibility. promote your video, along with a teaser, on social media. If you also write on residual income sites, share your video where you publish your articles.

Sharing your videos on Facebook and all other social media sites is a great way to get noticed. For instance, search for Facebook groups related to your niche and share your video links; you will love the response.

deepa

Videos are the rage now. Sharing your videos on facebook will get you more views. Join forums that are video based as house interaction could also get you views. Home videos also get good shares as also videos of popular film clippings or songs.

Writing reviews of popular products and explaining it through videos is a sure way to get views. I wish you all the best.

akasha24

I also have a Youtube channel with over 100 videos. Unfortunately, starting out is very hard now on Youtube. Back in the day, a couple of years ago I would say it was a lot easier. I've been on Youtube for almost 7 years now and I am still struggling with getting views on some of my videos. Some do go "viral", but some are not that successful. I think the trick is constant promotion and telling people about your videos.
I do several things to increase my views on youtube. Here are a few:

1) Post on social media:

This is a first. I post on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr etc.

2) I most on Google plus and Google plus communities.

Most of my views come from Google plus.

3) I make sure I tag the videos well using Google Adwords and add a good description to every video I make.

It's also a good idea to check your Analytics on Youtube for every video of yours and find out where you are getting your traffic from so you can pay more attention to those sites.

I have a video on youtube with 200k views but it has been years since I uploaded it. In the days before the social media, I used the email advertising (it was clearly spamming but I had my way so it wouldn't be classified as mere spamming). After sending out a thousand emails, my video had been getting views regularly. Until now that video is increasing its score because there are websites that posted the link. It may be a lucky strike but surely it was a success in terms of the campaign.

I also have a YouTube channel with a number of videos uploaded, but unfortunately I could not focus much on marketing my videos. But when I tried to put my links in respective forums in fact the response was amazing. The advantage is that you can have targeted audience in forums discussing the same subject. A number of my videos are related to home remedies and I put the link in forums that discuss home remedies.

I haven't tried any other means of advertisement to populate my videos. But I am quite satisfied with the output I got from posting on forums. The key is in identifying the right forums.

Using a visually appealing thumbnail also works. There are people who will click a video without reading what it is about because the thumbnails look interesting. There is a saying, First impressions lasts and that thumbnail is the first impression. The thumbnail you use though must have something to do with the video. A misleading thumbnail can put in a lot of trouble.

gabr1ela1

I started with social networks such be tsu.co, facebook, pinterest, several actually anywhere you may can post a video, it is good to have a real traffic and clean it know that it is most important to you can also have multiple views.
It very well win in what began to do, I say to further promote and you will see good results.

Commenting on other YouTube videos of similar niche is good to get visitors to your channel. Do not forget to add your profile link while commenting. Try to include your comments for some good videos which can increase its visibility and more clicks on your profile link. You may also add a subscription link in the beginning and end of your video.

It is a known fact that good videos in your channel is a must for its success. But good videos alone cannot guarantee anythig. We need to market the videos/channel through various mediums. A good attractive profile is an added advantage to your channel.

There are many ways to increase views on YouTube.

1. Powerful keywords
Using powerful keywords, your video is going to collect a lot of views. Powerful keywords could be "video", a known word used in most videos and "vide" for the ones that misspelled video.

2. Unique titles
Let's say you are making a Let's play video about Pong. Bad titles would be "Let's play Pong - Part 1". Good titles would be "Lets play Pong - Part 1: I am such a loser".

3. Your user profile
As you know, your user profile can be edited. You can make a video automatically play when someone visits your channel which gives you automatically a view(not everytime sadly). That place is supposed for an introduction video but they are boring and no one wants to see it. Do not make an introduction about you but about your videos as good as you can.

4. YouTube forums
There are some YouTube forums on the internet which you can use to promote your videos and get more subscribes. Use them to have YouTubers watch your video!
Very interesting never knew YouTube forums exsisted, now I have a new way to increase views on my YouTube channel. Forums are always great to get and give good information and it's a plus if we can also share our work.

You can create informative videos which are very useful for the viewers, and add them in your website which already have some traffic, so people will watch the video from your website in this way the views will be increased, you can also share your videos on reddit, and if it is really engaging and useful, informative videos it will get many views from Reddit. This way you can increase views of your videos.

It will take a lot of patience and determination to be recognize in youtube or any social media site. But, if you're up for challenges, you will exert effort on videos that has "significance" or value. This will attract positive and loyal followers. It will hold their interest and would spread it in their way. Like the famous method of marketing " word of mouth" This is more effective and trusted way to promote your site.

jpk0007

Youtube videos are the best way to promote products and services and also earn good money in the process. i think the best stategy to increase traffic for you youtube videos is be consistent and provide good content to your viewers on various subjects and interesting products and services. if you are consistent in your approach and dont quit in between you will be able to have a good fan following. a very easy and an assured way to get more people to watch your videos is to promote them on your social media platform profiles such as facebook, twitter , instagram .

mark86

I think the best thing that you should know to increase your views in your Youtube page is to have an interesting video topic. The topic would be more relevant to the viewer if you let them feel included in your video. I watched lots of video in youtube and one thing that caught my attention now is the Reaction Video. This is popular now. It is like you would react to one video about the singers,dancers, and even current events.

mark86

It will take a lot of patience and determination to be recognize in youtube or any social media site. But, if you're up for challenges, you will exert effort on videos that has "significance" or value. This will attract positive and loyal followers. It will hold their interest and would spread it in their way. Like the famous method of marketing " word of mouth" This is more effective and trusted way to promote your site.
Exactly. It will takes time for you to be famous and popular in Youtube. There are so many great youtubers there that have been there and doing vlogs for long time. For the starters, it will take time definitely. But always remember that all you need to do is wait and be patience.

stbrians

Good videos market themselves. The best marketing tool for videos is through the videos themselves. The message and editing must be right. Keywords are also necessary. Titles play a role too

Make your videos unique and make videos that are entertaining, because me, I only watched videos on youtube that is entertaining and of course knowledgeable. So that I can adapt the video that I watched to myself.

You need to create an interesting topic to attract viewers. Try to create useful and creative content and post it on your Social Media sites like Facebook and Instagram. And most of all, be consistent in posting videos.

Top Bottom