• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to get traffic?

Doc Moose

As we all know by now, it's hard to make money on the internet if you don't know how and where to get traffic. This holds true no matter how good the program you're engaged with. If you have no clue where & how to get traffic, what's the use? The experts are teaching us different things but I believe they are not really telling the whole truth.

I'm sure that there are thousands of people out there who don't know how to get traffic to their blog. I mean when you're first starting out on the internet it can be really hard to get people on your page. Especially if you don't know how to use social media to your gain. There are so many ways that you can use social media, flyers, and bussiness cards to your advantage. I have heard some stories about people using all those things and having it work out well for them.

As we all know by now, it's hard to make money on the internet if you don't know how and where to get traffic. This holds true no matter how good the program you're engaged with. If you have no clue where & how to get traffic, what's the use? The experts are teaching us different things but I believe they are not really telling the whole truth.
Nowadays internet is saturated in almost every way. XS it's hard to start your own business and earn from it, either you really innovate with a new way of earn money or you create a service/site with the same ideals as a previous one but with some really good innovations or you won't succeed xS it's better to work for other people in my opinion.

If you have trust in today's search engines, then getting traffic would no longer be a question. Your content quality will determine how much traffic you get. Most of the traffic will come from search engines. But if you are talking about sudden boost to your site, then you will get the most benefit from forums, reddits type community and anywhere that actually has many human activity going on. Social media can act as a small boost as well.

If you have trust in today's search engines, then getting traffic would no longer be a question. Your content quality will determine how much traffic you get. Most of the traffic will come from search engines. But if you are talking about sudden boost to your site, then you will get the most benefit from forums, reddits type community and anywhere that actually has many human activity going on. Social media can act as a small boost as well.
I had experimented in that aspect - using SEO (search engine optimization) to be on top of the search list. I changed the title of one of my video into a trending term and I was right on that because the views count was moving like a taxi meter. In a matter of one month, it had 50k views already. Unfortunately, youtube has no monetization yet at the time so I did not earn anything from that. But at least I was successful in that gimmick. I'm sorry, I don't want to mention the title of my viral video.

I had experimented in that aspect - using SEO (search engine optimization) to be on top of the search list. I changed the title of one of my video into a trending term and I was right on that because the views count was moving like a taxi meter. In a matter of one month, it had 50k views already. Unfortunately, youtube has no monetization yet at the time so I did not earn anything from that. But at least I was successful in that gimmick. I'm sorry, I don't want to mention the title of my viral video.
I have no luck in youtube either so I gave up after a while. As always, you will need unique content to make it work and I just don't have the right youtube content. At the very least, I have something to put on my site.

I was actually going to ask you about that viral video but you beat me to it. I am associated with two websites that my husband paid big money to create and they just seem to be sitting there. The older of the two needs a complete overhaul in my opinion so I don't stress too much about the lack of traffic especially since I don't have enough time to dedicate to that business at present. At some point I want to tackle that myself once I learn enough. As it relates to the more recent Insurance site, I want to find a way to create some traffic unique to my area as the services are only being offered in my country. I am happy to get 5k real visitors: 50k would be like winning the lottery, not knowing how to spend the money.

In my clothing business what seems to work best is Facebook and Instagram.

Well, I have been using promotional forums to gain traffic to my site. In my opinion, this has been quite effective.
When you say that you have been using promotional forums, have you been posting in your link. Or, have you been purchasing ad spots for your product/website. I am curious because I am really trying to crack this traffic thing.

When you say that you have been using promotional forums, have you been posting in your link. Or, have you been purchasing ad spots for your product/website. I am curious because I am really trying to crack this traffic thing.
I bet it's mainly by spamming the referral link. The most efficient way of earning referrals is by creating your own thread, explain every detail. What is the minimum cash-out, how much can you earn per day, how much time you need to spend per day, what payment processors does the site have and much more important: the payment proofs.

I don't find it very effective using ads on forums/websites because most of the people won't simply click it. They will think it's a scam or virus because it has no info. I've never went to a site by clicking the ads. It's only through created threads with a lot of info and proofs. And it's more cheaper. But I don't know, maybe there are some people that click the ads and check the site ;)

iamkkris

I'm sure that there are thousands of people out there who don't know how to get traffic to their blog. I mean when you're first starting out on the internet it can be really hard to get people on your page. Especially if you don't know how to use social media to your gain. There are so many ways that you can use social media, flyers, and bussiness cards to your advantage. I have heard some stories about people using all those things and having it work out well for them.
I have had very little success with business cards and flyers. Social media though has been effective. Websites like Reddit, Tumblr, Google+ are excellent for promoting whatever you have and gain traffic.

You can find a lot of ways to attract traffic to your business. The most important thing is to make your presence visible in the Internet world just like in offline business. Even though there are a number of ways to choose from, all of them are not effective and will work on a case to case basis.

I think another important thing to get traffic is to target the right audience. With the help of an apt forum you can expect wonders in this field. Taking advantage of the vast customer base who discuss on similar topics can give you good mileage. You should also look for signature advertising in forums. If you are looking for paid advertising Google Adwords is the best option I think.

There are numerous ways indeed, but the success depends on the right selection based on the nature of your business.

owen027

Buy traffic through PPC search engines. Pay-per-click search engines are a lot like auctions--they allow you to bid for top-ranking positions under keywords of your choice. With PPC search engines, you get cheap, instant, qualified traffic--provided you bid on targeted keywords. And once you've tested your site with limited PPC traffic, the fastest way to ramp up traffic to your site is to roll out a PPC campaign on a larger scale. However you can also put viral marketing to work for you?

nailah783

There's so many programs out there. There are so many gurus that swear they can teach you exactly what they did to market their sites. None of them really do. There are so many people that don't know what to do.

You can get traffic on your website via following source:
Search engine
Social media
social bookmarking sites
forum
email marketing
advertising
PTC and Traffic Exchange (both are frowned upon by advertisers)

Yes it is true that making money from internet is a hard task. I will say it is slow process than hard task. About getting traffic, I guess if we have quality content on our site which is in demand then surely search engines will offer you lots of traffic. I don't know about experts saying, but yes getting traffic on regular basis is not an easy task. We must post on our site regularly with latest stuffs.

NormaD

Social Media has always worked well for me. Whenever I need a boot in my traffic, it's my number one provider. Then reddit is next on my list. I've also got really good results from giving away free ebooks. Since I love writing this is a really easy way for me to boost traffic to my site, but I know that not everyone has the time for that.

joshposh

You need a good niche with good content. If someone right now was to make a Pokemon Go site with all the latest tricks and easter eggs, you will have a lot of hits right now.

Everyone needs to find something that is trending or has longevity. The better the idea the more chances for it's survival. After that you have to get excellent content in the form of exclusive articles with keywords so that they appear on search engines. That's key if you want the general public to find you.

Then you can always use social media to get a lot of views and general interest. Social media is free so might as take full advantage of it.

getting traffic to the site is hard. if you want to drive traffic to your website. use social media bookmarking method. this gives you high amount of traffic.

ray

I have found another good traffic generator in a sharing site "Flipboard" It is a site similar to Pinterest, Stumbleupon and Flipr to some extent. It is bringing good traffic for me selecting right category and creating new magazines according to my niche.

Top Bottom