• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

How to attract a younger crowd?

I want to keep my forum alive as long as I live but the crowd I have recently are older. I have nothing against older people but advertisers loves millennials. What do you think I should do to attract a younger crowd for my forum. My forum is actually a gaming forum but it only have the old school fans of the series. They dont want to talk about the newer games. It seemed like the younger crowd prefered Facebook ,reddit and twitter.

I have a friend who asked the same thing about his blogs that most of his readers are oldies like me huh. Seriously, it is the contents that matters for the readers. Likewise in a forum, it's not really the crowd that matters for a member but the topics or discussions. My suggestion is to find out the "trip" of the millennials, what they want to talk about often. If it is Korean pop groups or Korean drama then create threads to that effect. If it's about the fashion then it's the same, cause to create those discussions to attract the younger generation. Or perhaps you create a board for gaming. For sure, most gamers are from the younger generation.

Try to have a research or a survey. Try to talk to younger people.
You need to know the trends that they're up to nowadays. Not every youngsters or millennials are into gaming actually.
And why not try to use social media to attract them or to inform them about your gaming forum? There are different pages in facebook, there are lots of pages for gaming in fb. Try to join in their group, I think you will easily get an idea to attract them.

ion

Well, since your forum is about gaming, You should have the knowledge about the new games, tricks, and other stuffs for gaming. You should also give some links to download the latest games.

Annejk18

I'm a millennial myself. And I'm also a member of a gaming forum. The forum I've subscribe is really updated. And that's what we like. The forum posts a lot of latest news and games in the gaming industry. The forum owner also is very interactive with members. There's also a chat room where we can make friends with other gamers. Also the forum site is very attractive and neat.

ion

I'm a millennial myself. And I'm also a member of a gaming forum. The forum I've subscribe is really updated. And that's what we like. The forum posts a lot of latest news and games in the gaming industry. The forum owner also is very interactive with members. There's also a chat room where we can make friends with other gamers. Also the forum site is very attractive and neat.
Yeah, that's right. The owner should know how to interacts with other members and know exactly what they needs and the latest game and tricks. This is what the gamer not even the millennial looking for in a gaming forum.

Attracting a certain group of people is about what the forum stands for and its content.you keep attracting oldies because of your content,so first work on your content, bring in games that will attract youngsters a lot and see how it goes.

Annejk18

Yeah, that's right. The owner should know how to interacts with other members and know exactly what they needs and the latest game and tricks. This is what the gamer not even the millennial looking for in a gaming forum.
Yes, I think you should add that on your forum. Don't hesitate to ask the members what are the things the forum's improvement.

GGKK

I agree with nkoyo. If you try to focus more on what the forum stands for I think you would love the results way more.
If you represent something then I think you should connect with the audience's interests and then both sides would be happy.
Good luck, you will do great!

ion

Yes, I think you should add that on your forum. Don't hesitate to ask the members what are the things the forum's improvement.
The website should have the suggestion topic to know what the members needs. This topic is very important, because even the the forum owner will become aware and updated to the member's needs, because even the you are the owner, it doesn't means you know everything.

Honestly speaking, I don't know if there are millenials who want to be in a forum. I believed that forums are for adults. I think that the new generation now is only interested in gaming and watching videos. They are so different than older people. I know that some of them will understand the essence of forums but most of them will not.

The more you could be active in the forum and the most recent games are talked about the more younger people would be interested to join. Just make a fresh approach and open new topics about new things that younger people are into nowadays. I believe in that way you can get more interested users and new ones as well. Make sure to share everything on social media where everyone is at every single day.

Top Bottom