• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How secured is your data in a cloud platform?

Data theft has always been a cause of concern in web related activities.

Nowadays, many business house rent space from a cloud service provider to store their data, instead of spending a huge amount on data storage infrastructure.

There are some regulations, applications, and technologies to protect the data. But, the security remained a tingling point for the customers as well as providers.

In a public cloud where space is shared by different vendors, confidentiality will be at threat, at least to some extent.

More and more people, individuals aswell as businesses are starting to store their data to cloud servers than ever before these days. While I think privacy and the protection of that data is a concern, I don't think it's any less secure than saving it to a hard drive or memory stick.

If somebody wants to get your personal files or information, they will do. The fact it's stored on a cloud server won't make any difference.

As @pwarbi already said in cloud hosting there is no added emphasize on data security. I think the only extra advantage is that it stores data on a network of computers and if one fails, other will take care of it. So it will not affect the sites performance and ensure a good uptime. As a general rule, anything that can be accessed can be hacked too. But from a security point of view I prefer a dedicated server than a cloud hosting. Dedicated server is costlier than cloud hosting.

If you are thinking about security then cloud platform does provide security to you.
There isn't much difference between the security that you provide to the data present in your system, which is connected to the internet and the security provided for the data present in the cloud.
So, don't worry too much about security with respect to could platform and go for the top cloud providers :D

I would like to suggest you one of the cloud hosting service provider i.e go4hosting , which gives security,highly scalable, 99.95% guaranteed network uptime , scalable load balancing,reduced backup and recovery times etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most web hosting companies offer pretty much the same price plans and deals. The key is to make sure you research the market and find a plan that's catered to your specific need.

I would like to suggest you one of the cloud hosting service provider i.e go4hosting , which gives security,highly scalable, 99.95% guaranteed network uptime , scalable load balancing,reduced backup and recovery times etc.
I think 99.9% uptime is the standard industry standards all hosting companies offer. But in reality most of the companies take a back seat when comes to adherence of their terms. In cloud hosting environment also downtime is not uncommon. Yes, it got an advantage that it uses a network of servers so, downtime can be minimized. From a security point of view a cloud hosting is far behind than a dedicated server. So in case of dealing highly sensitive data, it is always advisable to opt for a dedicated server.

Big companies like Google and Apple depend on cloud servers to store their customer's data. So, we cannot say it is unsafe and in fact it is comparatively safe and reliable.

Again there seems to be an issue or rather a concern about the security of cloud servers, but as long as your not working for the FBI or Interpol, the information you do want keeping will be perfectly safe on a cloud server.

If they're good enough for companies like Apple and Google, I'm sure they will be good enough for me an you.

Chris

One of the best things that was ever said is that if you want to keep something secure then don't put it on the internet. We live in an age where security is in the front of our mind. Nowadays anything can be hacked and information can be leaked. With that said cloud hosting is just as secure as any other hosting. These companies have security measures in places just like any other hosting company. Is it 100% secure? Is anything 100% secure? Yes, until it isn't.

jiame56

Cloud hosting is a good platform to store your big data. But the security is a factor of concern. If you are very much worried about the loss of your huge data, then it would be good to choose cloud based storage and hosting.

While online information stockpiling administrations assert your information is scrambled, there are no assurances. With late disclosures that the central government takes advantage of the documents of web indexes, email and cloud administration suppliers, any myth about information "security" on the Web has been busted.

whatever information is on the cloud can eventually be compromised, it is good to keep this in mind. As we are dealing with humans and machines. Nothing is ever safe totally.

biege

I personally encrypt my files before I save it to the cloud most importantly if I'm saving business and financial data. I don't trust saving my files on the cloud but you know, sometimes it's the best option because you can avoid getting your files corrupted unlike saving it locally on a hard drive. I'm using a Decentralized Cloud Storage by the way that uses the BlockChain technology. I find this more powerful than the conventional Cloud Storage platforms.

biege

@biege's suggestion is brilliant. I wish I knew how t encrypt the files before saving them on cloud though.
Thank you @Decentlady. Encrypting your data is really easy, it's just a matter of choosing the right software for your encryption. I'm not sure if we are allowed to share the names of the apps but maybe you can just PM me and I will share some information to you. Anyway, the simplest thing you can do is to password protect your files by using some ZIPping programs--I know it's still crackable but then this would be a good start if you want to protect your important files online.

For my opinion there is no secure cloud servers all kinds of cloud can be exploit maybe not to quick but there should be a loophole on that cloud servers platform the only thing to do to stay away from hackers is to maintain the security of the cloud servers by maintaining it with programmers who constantly checking for udpate or making improvements to secure all data that has been stored on it.

It's very secured but you must keep in mind that dedicated servers will always better for security. If that's what you're looking for, then go after a dedicated one and don't waste your time living in fear because you think that your data is at risk. I'm not saying that cloud hosting is absolutely damaged and your data will be corrupted but it's always better if you check your possibilities!

Whether you use cloud hosting or not, things put on the internet ain't 100% secure considering the fact that even sites of big companies and firms that are built on strong security web hosting companies get hacked every passing day. However, cloud hosting has come to stay and there have been changes that ensure that your data or info you put on cloud hosting will remain at least 99% safe.

So, it is your choice to make, but I feel cloud hosting is that safe to protect your data.

rz3300

The whole 99 percent claim is never really satisfying to me, as it just seems like built in error or fault for the provider, but I also really get that you cannot say one hundred percent. I guess you just have to trust the provider to do their job.

I habe en ounter ones that my phone stolen and i was frustrated on how can i found the guy who stole it to get back the phone. I have so many important imformation and some picture that save to that phone but i remember that my phone sync in the cloud so when i open it its on there so it helps me alot because if they have to cloud then my files already taken by others and maybe used it for crime

Top Bottom