• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How much money can i make flipping domains?

Domain flipping seems like a fun and profitable online earning opportunity. Where can I start and how much money will I require as startup capital. What is the approximated return on investment if i invest $100 for a month?

Hum I don't know how this method really works, but in my opinion it seems that you need to know very well what you are doing here... Because I don't think that you can easily turn an unprofitable domain into a profitable one :S

The return on investment should greatly vary depending on the domains you buy :p

Honestly, I have never heard of domain flipping before. But if it is a profitable one, then go ahead and take a risk. However, you should really think first before making a decision. $100 is still $100, you should invest it in something really reliable.

Honestly, I have never heard of domain flipping before. But if it is a profitable one, then go ahead and take a risk. However, you should really think first before making a decision. $100 is still $100, you should invest it in something really reliable.
Yes, personally I would never invest 100USD at once on any internet service... I would rather invest those 100USD in small parts because online businesses are not very reliable... they can turn scam from one day to the other :S

But if you don't risk you won't win big, but I'm not that kind of person, I like to win less but keeping it steady :p

Well this really depends on many factors. For example, you could get lucky and manage to flip a domain that is suddenly in high demand. Apple.com? Sound like a kid site when you really think about it but, who would have expected it to become a site that is owned by one of the largest company in the world. It is also possible to make losses if you hold a domain for too long.

One of the easiest ways to make money online is by buying something for a low price and selling it for a higher price.
I think that you can be making a lot of money with by flipping domains, but I'm not an expert in this.

Doc Moose

You can sell your domains at GoDaddy. They are offering that service if ever you don't want your domain and want to sell it. I think the price will depend largely on the profitability of the said domain. Just my 2 cents.

One of the easiest ways to make money online is by buying something for a low price and selling it for a higher price.
I think that you can be making a lot of money with by flipping domains, but I'm not an expert in this.
That's the easiest way to make money in everything.. LOL
But it's no that easy, call it: "One of the most profitable ways". because it's not that easy, you need to know what you are buying and what the users will search tomorrow, because you can buy a domain for a really cheap price, but you could never sell it because it will never be visited again...

What is domain flipping? One of you said "Turn an unprofitable domain into a profitable one" so I'm guessing that's what it is

Kennito

I am not sure how domain flipping works, what I know is the amount of money one is able to make online depends on how much targeted traffic one get.
You can have a very good service that is capable of making you millions but without traffic, it remains to be useless.

Flipping domains, huh? :D Sounds like a good idea, but I think it purely depends on luck. A domain could be in high demand in future or maybe, you could get nothing with it. It can go either way so I guess it's fine for a one time try, otherwise, don't waste your time in this so called 'most profitable business'. :D

Flipping domains, huh? :D Sounds like a good idea, but I think it purely depends on luck. A domain could be in high demand in future or maybe, you could get nothing with it. It can go either way so I guess it's fine for a one time try, otherwise, don't waste your time in this so called 'most profitable business'. :D
But it only works if a big company really wants that domain right? For example if SONY wanted to use sony.com as it's domain, but someone was already using it or has it's rights, SONY would buy it no matter what right? But if it's another domain that some guy wants or a really small company, they will just search for other names and wouldn't buy the domain...

So it's really pure luck right? Almost like winning the lottery, no?

alakazam

There are a lot of domains with great potential out there still unregistered, so there might be a lot of money to be earned from domain flipping. Personally, I would try to learn as much as possible about this technique before venturing myself to invest $100.

topseos

Actually it depends on many factors including character or domain, whether it is dictionary word or not etc. However most important parameter according to me whether you can reach that buyer who will pay the most money. That's why it is important where you're setting up your auction.

Domain flipping seems like a fun and profitable online earning opportunity. Where can I start and how much money will I require as startup capital. What is the approximated return on investment if i invest $100 for a month?
Hello adssolsn!

Have you invested some money in this kind of business yet? If you do, could you share your experience with us? :p

Yes "Topseos", it depends in a lot of factors! I think the most important one is the words you use, if they are well known words that can be used by a company to make it's own name even better! Nowadays every company has it's website! All you need to do is think about the area that is growing more nowadays and try to guess which domains would they want to buy! :p The concept it's easy, yet hard to acomplish :p

Top Bottom