• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

How much do you spend on web hosting?

Sharon

I think some of the main important things when it comes to finding a web host are security, accessibility, uptime, and affordability. Right now we are using a webhost that we are not 100% happy with because they never seem to have an answer for some of the problems we encounter - customer service has also been one of my biggest concerns. Right now our hosting is very affordable but I'm wondering if we should find a 'better' solution even if we have to pay a little more.

How much do you spend on web hosting on a monthly basis?

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
When I started my websites then I use to pay $7 per month on a shared hosting plan. Now I own a dedicated server I am spending upto $150/month.

stargazer

For almost eight years, I enjoyed to have a free site with free web host if I didn’t opt to have the ads removed. To make it more professional, I only paid a very minimal amount annually to remove the ads. If my memory won't fail me, could be some US$32.00.

Customer service was ok. I can actually be considered ignorant with online matters when I made my site. And they were so patient in replying to my queries.

I was grateful, indeed. I made some additional earnings. And some of my customers who are from different countries became my online friends.

Till one day, I received an e-mail informing me that my site was frozen because of violation to rules. When I asked what violation I committed, they said, spamming.

Immediately, I tried to remove my posts with my site’s name from my other sites/pages, including e-mail signature.

The truth is, I was so careful not to spam. I only shared my site’s link to people I know or communicate with and in my social network wall/timeline.

Then I remembered sharing it as well in some PTC sites before when I was just starting to explore online.

So, that was the end of my beloved first ever website.

Sorry, friends...I was just carried away.:confused:

JoshK

At the moment I'm spending a very reasonable $2.50 (about £1.50) a month on shared hosting from a UK provider with servers in the UK and in the US. I've not really had any problems with them and any problems I have had they're usually pretty quick to get back to me and help me out.

I've got a few domains hosted with them and although I've considered looking around for a different provider, I've not actually gone anywhere else simply because I like the company I'm with and the team are just great.

Doc Moose

I used to spend about $1.95 a month for a shared hosting. That's the amount I can afford when I want to set up a blog or site. Unfortunately, all my business ventures didn't become quite successful so, those websites eventually became extinct.

lludawg

Volact.com has amazing prices! Since I am a new site owner, I did not want to spend huge amounts of money on the hosting. I currently spend $12 a year for hosting through Volact. The problem with them is that their support team is very small. However, they are efficient. I really recommend them if you are looking for cheap and reliable hosting.

Top Bottom