• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many years do you buy your domain for?

PlayBall

Many domain companies give us the option to buy a domain for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years and 5 years. How many years do you choose when you buy your domain name? I tend to choose the 3 year option as I don't have to deal with renewing my domain for a long time.

Usually, I buy my domain for one year and renew my domains just before a week when they are about to expire. Since my domain registrar does not offer any kind of incentives for having more years on my domain I renew every year.

tony

My domain name is for two years I was encouraged to go for either two or five years with incentives. I chose two years being that I am still trying to study the effectiveness of the services of the domain company.

Binu

When I registered my domain, I chose one year plan.I did not have money to reister for 3 or 5 years for that matter. When the renewal time comes and if I have money, I will renew for two or more years.

tony

I am planning to get another website hopefully within the next few weeks. My last domain host is Godaddy and it was for two years. Now I am thinking going back to same host but for one year since I may not have enough money for two years.

ray

I have not yet bought any domain names so far but I am going to buy one with in 10 days and I have my plans to make it for one year in the initial stage and if I feel everything is doing fine I will extend it for a longer duration.

GraceB

Generally one year at a time, since there is no real point in purchasing them for longer periods, other than mere convenience later down the road. I have some domains paid until 2020, but those were just mistakes that I've let be since I would've probably renewed them anyway.

I might go for longer renewals on domains such as my name, but even that just depends on how much extra money do I happen to have when the renewal period comes around.

I purchase a domain to expire for one year. I prefer one year for I find it quite or a bit uncertain if I could go on with my blog writing or not. In the following year, I purchase a domain for 2 years for there is a discount offered. And I find it comfortable for such number of years of subscription from my web hosting company.

Mostly I go for 2 years. But for my last domain name for my blog, I only paid for one year. Now I am regretting on it. I should have gone for more years. Yes I am not active on my blog, but I can be in future. No I guess I have to repay them in 2 to 3 months.

Top Bottom