• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many jobs on forums

Flash

Working on forums can be both fun and stressful at the same times. Mostly it is very fun to work on a forum.
How many jobs have you had on forums? Were you a Global Mod, Administrator, Graphics team, etc?
What job on forums would you prefer?

I am member to a number of forums. I am very interested to be a part of forums that deal with technology related topics like webdiscussions. I would like to keep myself updated of the latest happenings in the technology world.

Even though I have a limited free time, I manage to take part in discussions in almost all forums. A job like Administrator or Moderator is not feasible for me as I am short of time. These jobs require a considerable amount of dedicated time every day which I cannot fulfill in the present scenario. May be in future I would like to take up an assignment in any of the forums.

I like being an admin or a moderator because I can make trolls and spammers know their place. I don't abuse my power but I won't deny how it feels great to ban all those annoying members who cause nothing but chaos and conflict.

I have had quite a few jobs on forums and most of them I have enjoyed working on in the past. Some job roles are more demanding than others. However, if you have the time to contribute, it will be less stressful and more enjoyable.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
I would always prefer administrator jobs so I am the administrator for 2 Web hosting forums and 1 web master forum.

I think I will do good when I am a moderator or administrator. I moderate couple of websites and I am an administrator for a blog.

Though I have been in a number of forums, I have not undertaken the responsibility of a moderator or administrator. I have some offline activities too and hence I have some time constrains. So I will think about in a later stage.

Last edited:
I was the admin and moderator as well of our office forum when we launched it. I handled the positions for more than a year. But I have a co-admin and some other moderators. Our primary concern aside from spammers is to stir interest. That means we had to create threads every day and not to miss on the threads of others. Interaction is difficult when the community members are one-line posters. That is another angle that we should focus on, make those members write more.

Top Bottom