• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many administrators are too many?

How many administrators are too many for a small or medium sized forum in your opinion?

I think one or two is fine, anymore than that is too many.

I have 4 administrators in my forum which consists of around 30k posts with 80 posts per day according to the forum statistics.
Now, I don't think they are too many as hardly one or two administrators do the job, like all the time and the other administrators give them a hand, when they feel like it.

Oh, I have two super moderators too.
Well, everything depends on how we see it, I suppose :D

I have 4 administrators in my forum which consists of around 30k posts with 80 posts per day according to the forum statistics.
Now, I don't think they are too many as hardly one or two administrators do the job, like all the time and the other administrators give them a hand, when they feel like it.

Oh, I have two super moderators too.
Well, everything depends on how we see it, I suppose :D
And that is how many is too many. Your forum has 30k posts but only gets 80 posts a day. That could easily be handled with one admin and two different moderators and even maybe two admins at the most. Why you would need 4 different admins I just can't understand? When you say that "hardly one or two administrators do the job" then maybe you should hire different admins as if they're not doing their job then why have them at all?

I believe it will depend on how many members my forums will have. My ratio is 1 vs 1000. 1 admin and 1 moderator is enough for me. If I have overwhelming number of members that is where I will consider to have more manpower. If every section of my forums will have lots of posts per hour. I will have one admin or mod per section. At this moment though, I won't go for quantity because I am just starting over a humble beginning and it will take a while before I will needs lot of admins.

Our office website's forum has a fairly small community so 1 admin is more than enough. However, our main concern is the spamming so the moderators should always be on the lookout. But violent reactions are not needed since the spammers are just mild and sometimes we let the spam posts last for a week before moving them to a secret board - that is in lieu of deleting the post so we have the statistics intact somehow.

cwvps

In most of the cases, one administrator is enough. Moderators, on the other hand, it is optimal to have 1 - 2.

All it depends on the size of the forum. If the forum has a huge surge of contributors, it becomes difficult for a single administrator to handle everything efficiently after a certain time.

There are various aspects of running a forum. You need to keep an efficient communication along with a look at the quality of the posts. So, a forum could be started with a single administrator, but the requirement may increase later on.

It really depends on how big is your forum! On how many subforums do you have, how many users, how many posts the users make per day etc. My opinion is that you should have a ratio of 20 to 30 posts per administrator\moderator! But it depends on what type of forum you have, if it's related to themes that require posts with walls of texts maybe you should make it 5 to 10 posts per administrator. Else 20 to 30 per admin is the right ratio in my opinion!

Top Bottom