• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How long does it take you to write an article?

lludawg

I remember when I owned a blog dedicated to a certain girl group, I would spend about half an hour to an hour writing short posts every day. However, I also used to own a skincare site and it took me at least a couple hours to write one skincare article. These articles went up every other day though.

My question to you is, how long does it take you to write an article for your site? Also, what type of site are you writing for?

Generally, it will take me around 1 hour to write one full length article. However, I may choose to split it into several intervals and do each paragraph at different time. This gives me enough time to reconsider what I am writing and correct any mistakes I may have made.

I can write an article within 30 minutes if it tackles a theme or topic that I am very passionate and crazy about. You can give me an additional 10 minutes so I can fix the spelling and grammar mistakes. If I am writing about something that I don't really find interesting it will take me 5 hours to a half day. I know I have an occasional typo errors on this forum but when it comes to article I writing I am less laid back and I am more obsessive compulsive. I am trying to change my ways now and I want to be more perfectionist and critical to my self in hopes it will be more natural to me.

I normally write a 300-word article in an hour or so but like what @The_Arctic_Outcry said, if that topic is inside my turf. That one hour or so includes the proof and minor revisions. When I was submitting articles in writing sites (that didn't pay, waheehee), I would be writing about 5 articles in a day so that I would have a lot of reserve articles that I can post daily (I post there once a day only). My theme there was occult and mystery but I sometimes mix humorous stories. And with the article, I always include a photo that may be relevant.

I used to have this writing job , but I was given a specific amount of time to complete my assignment. I'm a very fast writer and I would usually be done with my work way Before it was due

Kennito

It will depend by how complicated the title/ keywords of the contents are. Your source of information. For me, it takes me an average of 1hour to complete a 500 words article.
I am not that quick writer.

Bilby

My goal is not to spend more than one hour of time per ten dollars being paid for the article. If I can do it quicker than that I will. Most of the time is actually spent researching rather than writing. For example testing out the technology I am reviewing, or looking for research to back up the point I want to make. I am not counting the time it takes to come up with a concept to write about. I am also not counting content I write mainly for fun and put up on a revenue sharing site just to see how it will do. Most of the "serious" articles I write are for paid blogging sites that pay about $50 per post of 500-800 words.

Doc Moose

Writing an article is not that very difficult. What takes a great deal amount of time is the research for the ideas you want to convey to the readers. It is even more difficult if the resources are very limited. You will be hard pressed to come up with an original article that will pass through Copyscape. This process usually takes 3-5 hours to complete a 500-word article.

I write a 500 words article for about two hours, it is a long period of time, but I like to thinkout my ideas first, and then put them on paper,
especially when I get paid for them, it's something I put a lot of effort in.

rightct

Just before I acknowledged sites that provide articles for rather cheap prices, I used to write the articles myself obviously. Clearly the quality was better than if I had bought them from another place, because it was shaped and structured toward my own personal liking, but it took me way too much to make the research on the Internet and/or books (Guess what, not everything can be found on the Internet, hahaha!). The average time was about 2 hours for a 2000 word article. It's a lot of information, I know, but the longer it is, the better my site will be indexed since I host it on a Wordpress platform, and we all know Google is somewhat pretentious. The very first time I started my blog, it got indexed first by Yahoo and Bing, and a few weeks later by Google, even though Wordpress is essentially Google itself... but whatever. I've never understood this company anyway, haha.

It depends. I use to have a number of reviews before I actually post it over net. Sometimes, if I am not satisfied with the final output I will research more 0n the subject and try to find out interesting facts that can be incorporated in my own words. That becomes a lengthy process then.

Sometimes, even if the subject is familiar to me I find it difficult with regard to flow of ideas. Then I need to first draft it and then give it a final shape. I experience writer's block when I am completely blank without any ideas to write. Then I will focus my attention to other activities. So, in short it will be very difficult to define a time frame for this activity.

Sapett

It usually takes me an hour to an hour and a half to write an article for my blog. This includes any initial research, picture collection, SEO, and editing, needed before publication. I've developed a system/order that helps keep everything going as quickly as possible.

suegiplaye

It usually takes me about 45 minutes to write a 450 word article. I started realizing that after writing for content mills. That basically averages to me being able to write 10 words a minute. This must mean I am a very slow writer. This is something I need to work on. Maybe if I take some typing test I can type faster.I am also try to buy some speech-to-text software, that can help me complete articles faster.

It depends on what I am writing about and how much I am into it. If it is something I am passionate about then I have a tendency to write more on the subject then if I am not too passionate about it. So it takes me longer to write about it. If I am trying to write something that I am not too passionate about but have interest in.... it takes me a short time to write it. Then there is the research factor. If I have to do some research and find sources to back up my claims, that takes time.

Usually I focus on evergreen topics like health & fitness, parenting, environment etc. One advantage of evergreen topics is that you will not find any issues in flow of ideas. Also there are a lot of ideas to choose from. An evergreen content never die and it will be an asset to you in the long run. It can be a regular revenue generator if you market it effectively.

If I am comfortable with the subject with good number of ideas I will take 30 minutes to 1 hour for a 300-500 words article. Even though I could complete it within 30 minutes, the review will take more time. I have a habit of reviewing it time and again before publishing

How long do I take to write an article depends on the topic I am writing about. If it is a research article, I need to do a lot of Googling, take note of important points, and develop the content around the points I have written. The whole process takes 5-7 hours. If the article I am writing is on the topic that I have knowledge and does not need any research, I can write a good length article in 3-4 hours.

Usually I focus on evergreen topics like health & fitness, parenting, environment etc. One advantage of evergreen topics is that you will not find any issues in flow of ideas. Also there are a lot of ideas to choose from. An evergreen content never die and it will be an asset to you in the long run. It can be a regular revenue generator if you market it effectively.

If I am comfortable with the subject with good number of ideas I will take 30 minutes to 1 hour for a 300-500 words article. Even though I could complete it within 30 minutes, the review will take more time. I have a habit of reviewing it time and again before publishing
Everygreen subjects are the most sought out information also. There is always tons of people who are looking up information in those areas to aid them in their daily lives.

GenkiWORld

I too tend to focus on evergreen subjects, or as they are most commonly known, evergreen topics. The reason for this is as you stated, these topics will never grow old, or be outdated. There will always be people in search of information regarding those topics, which guarantees a constant flow of readers, no matter how many years go by.

If I’m comfortable with the subject and know it well, it often takes me between 15 minutes to 30 minutes to write a 300 word article. About 45 minutes to an hour for an article that I will have to do more research.

For longer articles I will take about an hour and for articles over 1000 words, I will take about two hours to finish the whole article. Writing to me comes fairly easy and it is something I enjoy.

I noticed lately there have been a lot of interest in medical subjects lately. Asperger's is one of the things I hear people looking in to. A lot of people have also been searching for natural alternatives to medications also. So medical information is a great thing to write about. Those don't take too much time to write on. All you have to do is the research on the information and write about your findings on the subject.

Looking back during Bubblews days, I can write 10 articles in a day with various topics. I can easily write an article as it only require 400 characters. Within 15 minutes, I can write an article sometimes exceeding 600 characters.

Currently, I am writing for my sites in Blogjob. It requires 300 words which is more than twice longer that what Bubblews required. It is taking me 30 minutes to 1 hour writing an article. It is more difficult because I have to figure out what to include in the article when I feel like I have said everything but still below the required number of words. Everyday, I write at least three articles.

Top Bottom