• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do you manage your company?

JoshK

I used to run a web hosting company until last year, it was around for about 2 years until I sold it. My question is, how do you currently manage your web hosting company, or how did you manage your web hosting company?

When I was running mine, it was a team of 3, it was my self as the CEO, a colleague as the VCEO and also a server techie who provided the server, and although it seems like a small team, we really did not need a lot of people to run the company simply because it was small and did not really get a lot of clients. When I was running it I did a lot of promotion on Facebook and Twitter as well as on web hosting forums and although sometimes it worked, a lot of the time it did not, but we did make a profit at the end of the month which is the crucial part! But it all got to much for me and I didn't have any time to look after it and maintain it anymore so I sold it off where it is now (I hope!) making the new owners some nice money!

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
My hosting company has 3 people, one is me, the other two handle all marketing and technical part of the server. I am paying on a monthly basis to a hosting administration company who monitors and correct all issues with my customers when ever support ticket is raised. I am currently waiting for my current customers to place a review on their hosting experience with us. Once I have some reviews I will be advancing my marketing campaign.

JoshK

My hosting company has 3 people, one is me, the other two handle all marketing and technical part of the server. I am paying on a monthly basis to a hosting administration company who monitors and correct all issues with my customers when ever support ticket is raised. I am currently waiting for my current customers to place a review on their hosting experience with us. Once I have some reviews I will be advancing my marketing campaign.
I've seen quite a lot of external support companies and didnt think about them to be honest. We were a small company so I saw no need in getting external support as we did not always get a lot of support tickets, plus we would of probably been paying the company more than what we were earning so not work it for my company.

cwvps

The more clients you get, the more people you need to hire and at one point you just need to decide is the web hosting going to be your main thing.

J Greig

At the moment, I currently run the small business I created, which is now over a year old. I have 2 support team members, who deal with the support tickets, emails and live chat software. I also have a technical team member, who is in charge of fixing any errors/bugs our website or our clients website has (if any). they are most happy with their job and they do receive a healthy pay at the end of each month. Once we grow of course, we will expand, but for now I think a team of 3-5 people is sufficient enough.

We also use WHMCS as our software, so they would have to be experienced in using that, along with WHM when applying for a role. If you have no experience using any of these, if can take a huge chunk of time having to train them, because if you don't, they could accidently mess up your customers websites or even the packages themselves.

Dewlance

In starting I was try to hire some peoples for help but due to risk of data protection I was dropped my plan and try to manage it myself. It was a very hard but because of my age was 18 so I was not worry about getting a customers.

I was get a 1 to 2 customers each month and sometimes my company was run in loss. My earning was $4 each month. lol.

But after a few month, I was moved my server to VPS, start advertising on free-classified site and work for 16+ hours each day and get a success after few month.

Top Bottom