• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do you make money with survey sites?

There’s a lot of buzz online about making money with survey sites but I have never had any luck. All I get is 0.5 dollars surveys after weeks of waiting. I am not sure what the problem is; maybe is my location.

Can you earn consistently through survey sites? which site can i trust?

I have tried joining these survey sites before, but just like you, I have never been lucky with them. I don't think I have ever made even a single cent from them. Most surveys are not available in my country which are really disappointing so I just decided to ditch this online money-making opportunity because I know it's just a waste of time.

I have a site, but I do not know if I can post the link on here, so message me if you are interested. This site is legitamite. Honestly, It takes a while for you to make that $15, it can take months, but I think that it's worth it because it's a site to earn extra cash. It's not a real job. I get surveys on a regular basis and sometimes they have specials, longer surveys that can pay a whole lot. It's very good and the surveys are short and multiple choice. Also, you can refer people and make money from that too. If interested, you can message me for the link

Just like you, I am lucky to get even one survey a week. I think that is just the way it is with survey sites, the payout is low and you have to wait a while for a survey that you are qualified in. It is not the same as other online jobs but it is a guaranteed money anyway. So really, you have got nothing to lose.

I have found that many of these sites are not worth the time. I have tried so many things when it comes to survey sites. Honestly, I gave up...lol

Bilby

I do not think any of the survey sites are really worth the electricity and wifi needed to connect to them. But if there are any exceptions they would be QuickThoughts which has a decent earning rate but pays only in iTunes vouchers, and Surveysonthego which pays a small amount even when they screen you out and you do not get the full survey.

I still would not necessarily recommend them if you are trying to earn a decent amount. But they both have iPhone apps you can use while waiting for the doctor or some other time that would go unused in any other more profitable way.

I’ve tried a few, but the only ones I bother with on a semi-regular basis are Paid Viewpoint and YouGov. I never get locked out of their surveys (or off the entire site, like I did with Opinion Outpost), so at least I know my time will be worth something… eventually. I haven’t been able to cash out my points with either site yet. I wouldn’t say it’s a huge waste of time, but there are more efficient ways of earning a little bit of money.

I honestly just think that they are a huge waste of time. In the experiences that I have had with them, I have made just about no money with them. Most of these sites are just trying to get as much information out of you with paying as little as possible. I find that most of the time I don't even qualify for them. Which is another thing that I hate about them.

You will have to wait for survey opportunities and they generally comes once a week. But you have nothing to complain since you are not doing any work right? Only when you receive surveys and complete them are you really doing any work. Based on the time spent on each survey, the amount you earned is pretty worth it if you ask me.

There was a time when doing surveys was profitable because the few surveys sites existing then were real companies. This was in the early in 2000s and from those times the only surviving company I have seen only as of today is American Consumer Opinion.

Other than this and now in the present time, I have seen like a ton of survey sites, but half (or more than a half) of them are individual who are subscribed to obscure survey sites that pay per referral, hence they build a "website facade" to make you believe you are dealing with the survey company, when in reality you are signing up under them, and they pay you just some cents, if they ever pay.

It's worth to mention that almost all of the legit survey sites, do not pay money, but give you online certificates to purchase on Amazon, American Express Traveler checks, points exchangeable for items they have for you in their virtual catalog of rewards, and so on. At the very end it's money, but not in the way of cash going to your bank or Paypal account.

American Consumer Opinion (acop) pays, I got paid, but I was paid with one of those AA checks and not sure, but I think they substituted these for Amazon gift certificates instead.

I honestly just think that they are a huge waste of time. In the experiences that I have had with them, I have made just about no money with them. Most of these sites are just trying to get as much information out of you with paying as little as possible. I find that most of the time I don't even qualify for them. Which is another thing that I hate about them.
I've had the same experience. In fact, I'd dub many of these survey sites as "scams." They might technically be legit, as in they pay if you ever can meet the payment threshold, but they screen you out so much that you rarely make anything. They simply steal your info.

I've said it before, and I stand by it: if you get screened out (so you don't get paid) they shouldn't get to keep or use your info. In fact, they should ask the determinant question(s) first (like, how much you make per year) before collecting all your identifying info.

JoshK

I'm a member of a site called Toluna which has loads of surveys and you get quite a few emailed to you everyday. It run's on a points system and each survey gives you a certion amount of points. Admittingly I don't always to the surveys so I'm still a while away from getting enough points for £35.00 PayPal credit, but I'm sure If I put a few hours into it then I could get enough points for it. You have to look around really and look for genuine survey sites, reviews are the best way to find out if it's good or not in this case!

I've had the same experience. In fact, I'd dub many of these survey sites as "scams." They might technically be legit, as in they pay if you ever can meet the payment threshold, but they screen you out so much that you rarely make anything. They simply steal your info.

I've said it before, and I stand by it: if you get screened out (so you don't get paid) they shouldn't get to keep or use your info. In fact, they should ask the determinant question(s) first (like, how much you make per year) before collecting all your identifying info.
Oh that's totally true. I mean I'm sure that it would take me a good 6 months to try and cash out on any site where I would have to do surveys. I mean I'm sure that it does work for some people, but it just doesn't work for me and looks like you too. I mean maybe some people have more luck, I'm not even sure. I have to agree that they just take your info and then run with it. They don't want to pay you which is why you make pennies from doing it. Also, most of the time I find that I don't meet requirements for these surveys that they want me to take, so then I see no point. Oh yeah I do have to agree with that. I think that would be a smart thing.

Doc Moose

The first thing I tried to make money online was surveys. I joined plenty of them thinking that I would earn a substantial amount. Unfortunately, the surveys were hard to come by. I'd be fortunate to receive one survey in one week. It occurred to me then that it had something to do with my location. Most of the surveys catered to people residing in the US.

Oh that's totally true. I mean I'm sure that it would take me a good 6 months to try and cash out on any site where I would have to do surveys. I mean I'm sure that it does work for some people, but it just doesn't work for me and looks like you too. I mean maybe some people have more luck, I'm not even sure. I have to agree that they just take your info and then run with it. They don't want to pay you which is why you make pennies from doing it. Also, most of the time I find that I don't meet requirements for these surveys that they want me to take, so then I see no point. Oh yeah I do have to agree with that. I think that would be a smart thing.
Well, it would at least be the more honest thing to do. I'm sure they wouldn't make as much money that way though. I also know that some of them sell our info, because I've been drowned in spam from sites I never heard of after signing up for some. I get the amount of spam I would get if I had signed up with the other parties.

That's why I made a new email address, just for sign ups and such. They can feel free to spam that one all they want, because I'll never look at their garbage anyway. I'd advise the same for anyone who does engage in surveys.

Well, it would at least be the more honest thing to do. I'm sure they wouldn't make as much money that way though. I also know that some of them sell our info, because I've been drowned in spam from sites I never heard of after signing up for some. I get the amount of spam I would get if I had signed up with the other parties.

That's why I made a new email address, just for sign ups and such. They can feel free to spam that one all they want, because I'll never look at their garbage anyway. I'd advise the same for anyone who does engage in surveys.
Oh yeah, I'm sure that's why they have to lie about it in the first place. Then when you don't qualify they just give you half a penny like that really helps. Oh yeah the same thing happened to me. My mom sent me this thing where you could go and take surveys and they would pay you. So, I figured that I would try it out and I would get calls and emails from all these different companies. I was just so unhappy that I haven't tried taking any more because I hate getting spam. Yeah, that is smart because then people don't send stuff to your real email.

Also, there's this program that they're selling where you can get sent multiple surveys in a day and make thousands of dollars a month. (That's what they say) but it's not worth it. I've never purchased the program, but it's not worth it. It's obvious that it is a scam

Also, there's this program that they're selling where you can get sent multiple surveys in a day and make thousands of dollars a month. (That's what they say) but it's not worth it. I've never purchased the program, but it's not worth it. It's obvious that it is a scam
Never ever pay anything to do surveys, it is likely to be a scam. All legit survey sites are free to join, although whether you are eligible for surveys is another thing altogether. Moreover, earning a thousands of dollars per month is close to impossible, simply because there is not that many surveys to begin with

Roy

Huh? Clixsense was profitable for me. It is one of the main sites I use for beermoney. They offer a bunch of daily surveys and other cool stuff where you can easily earn money on.

Huh? Clixsense was profitable for me. It is one of the main sites I use for beermoney. They offer a bunch of daily surveys and other cool stuff where you can easily earn money on.
If you don't mind my question: where are you from? I saw in your profile that you are from Spain. The problem is that I'm from Portugal and I can't seem to win a single cent from Beer Money :S so the difference it's not only from the US to Europe, but also between some countries inside Europe? I'm really cursed to not being able to win money online :S

Top Bottom