• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Have you made money with your blog?

Do any of you members of this forum own their own blogs?
If, so what are your commissions do you manage to make a lot of money with your blog, or only a few bucks?

I have a Blogger account which is linked to my Google AdSense account, and I would say it's not earning that well for me. Anyway, I am not really doing any kind of internet marketing as of the moment since I am pretty busy with other freelance writing work. Probably once I get the time, I would focus on my blog and make some effort in monetizing it.

I used to make money with my tumblr blog. I monetized it. I did not make a lot of money with it so I stopped doing it. I was only earning a few cents per 1000 views or clicks. It was not worth it

I have a blog, but I still haven’t gotten around to monetizing it yet. I’ve got a few ideas of where to start, but something always seems to comes along and eat up my time, haha. I may have liked the idea of having a blog more than I actually like blogging, to be honest. And at the moment, I don’t get enough traffic to justify monetizing, so I probably need to focus on building that up first.

I have a blog, but since it's still in the starting stages, I'm not making money from it yet. I made it in the beginning of the summer because I thought that it would be a good way to make some money. Well, not too long after that I got kind of bored with it. So I only made two posts on there, and that was it. Now, I'm trying to start my blog back up. So far it's been working out pretty good for me. I try to make one post a day on it.

My blog is more than 5 years old and I used to be dligent when it comes to updating. But beginning last year, I was already remiss in that chore because of lack of time. Google Adsense had been good to me because I had earned $200 already although I should be getting another $100 now if only I had continued the updating. Admittedly, there are very few readers, if any. But if I decide to update it again, and with the help of my Facebook friends, I probably would be earning more.

Yes, I have earned a few bucks from my blog. Although it is really more of an interest than trying to find income stream through it. I enjoy surfing the net for new opportunities to make money online. My blog is just a record of my journey all these while and the additional income from advertisement is just a bonus. I hope to help other like minded people who are starting out on online earning with my blog. If you like to check it out, it is in my signature below.

Nell

I started a blog, and tried to monetize it, but never made anything. My problem with blogging is lack of a niche idea. No matter what I come up with, there are tons already done on the same idea. At this point, I think you have to be somewhat unique in you blog idea, and I can't figure one out.

Is it better to blog about what you are passionate about or blog about a niche idea? I've heard both are good. I have no experience on this and would like some advice on how blogging works and how you earn money from it.

I have a Blogger account which is linked to my Google AdSense account, and I would say it's not earning that well for me. Anyway, I am not really doing any kind of internet marketing as of the moment since I am pretty busy with other freelance writing work. Probably once I get the time, I would focus on my blog and make some effort in monetizing it.

Have you thought about outsourcing the marketing aspect of your blog? I have been kicking around the idea now for a few weeks. I hate the free internet marketing side because it is some time and labor intensive. However, you can make give the daunting tasks to someone on Fiverr to do for you. So the work gets done and you are free!

I started a blog, and tried to monetize it, but never made anything. My problem with blogging is lack of a niche idea. No matter what I come up with, there are tons already done on the same idea. At this point, I think you have to be somewhat unique in you blog idea, and I can't figure one out.
I think that niche is an elusive thing because there's nothing unique in the internet anymore. Take social media for example, there are so many sites like Facebook although they try to appear different. What's Instagram? What's Twitter? Anyway, you need not think of a niche idea. You can choose any theme you want and make it interesting enough. I suggest that you write your blog like you are talking to a friend. Don't write generalizations that we already know. Like a pet blog, everyone knows that pets can have ticks and fleas but not everyone knows that ticks can travel for miles by walking in search of blood.

No I don't make any money.
I have submitted my site to google ad sense like an year ago and they hadn't approved that for some unknown reason. From that point on, I have never really thought about placing ads in my forum or in my blog :(

By far I am profiting because I learned some effective SEO 101 from some friends of mine who were gold with it. I am concentrating on my target audience. Being an active commenter on more popular blogs of the same niche also helped me find an audience. What I earn though is not as big as popular bloggers. I am still a neophyte in the world of blogging and at this moment I am still a small spot in a large universe. I still have to try other earning methods because my blog is not enough at this moment.

iamkkris

I have a blog on blogger. However, I'm yet to earn any money from it. The problem is that Google sends you royalties only after you've hit the minimum threshold (which I believe is 100$). To get there is tough and it requires a lot of people to click on ads displayed on the blog.

There is a website called Triond, which enables you to blog and make money. Here you can post whatever you want and get paid for the number of views you get. The pay is low, but if you manage to put quality content and optimize keywords, this is an excellent place for you.

I had a WordPress blog few months back, but I'm not using it anymore. I didn't get sufficient amount of traffic on my blog which was the reason behind quitting that job. I know I could get paid traffic to my blog, but then it's against the Adsense policy and it's strictly prohibited by Adsense. Using paid traffic for my blog could get my Adsense account banned.
Adsense encourages only organic traffic to your blog, which you could get by sharing your articles on social networking sites and it may prove to be very helpful in driving traffic to your blog. :)

Top Bottom