• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

have you ever used a traffic bait?

hi guys, i read on a blog post that a traffic bait can bring huge amounts of traffic to your site. according to the blogger, a traffic bait is one amazing article published on a certain popular blog intended to link back to your blog. the article portrays you as an expert in a certain niche which makes readers want to follow your blog. feels like an a amazing way to grow your audience; have you tried it?

I am not familiar with Traffic Bait. To be frank, I could not understand anything from your above explanation. Can you just elaborate it a little bit more?

I was just curious to know more about this once I went through your post. is it the same as Link Bait? Link Bait is the content in a website that other sites link to because they are interested and not because you forced to them to do. So quality of the content is the king. Great content always serves as link bait.

i think that is the word, link bait; you write a really great article that can attract huge traffic then other blogs can tap into it.

Rubie

In my opinion, in order for your article or post to be considered as a Link Bait, depends on how great it is written. If your written content can easily get everyone's attention then they will linked it to their page as a substantial souce of information. If ever, a huge amount of web person uses your link, then it would probably create a huge traffic.

If your a Facebook user, then you encountered those sites already. When you see a interesting post that when you click, directs you to a page on your browser showing the full content or detail, then it must be a Link Bait. It is often shared that's why it probably gain huge traffic because the more poeple share, the more people viewed the link. And since you click that particular link then it must be an interesting topic.

So, creating a Link Bait does not end with just writing a piece of idea. A Link Bait must be interesting and tackles about what is currently on trend.

V

vinaya

I am not familiar with the term traffic bait,or even link bait, but I understand how this is done and what exactly it does. Once a famous American artist wrote about a girl she met in Pakistan on her blog and linked back with one of the girl's photo story. In the matter of few days, there was hundreds of thousand traffic to the girl's blog post.

Link bait or traffic bait is also one of the reasons for the content suddenly going viral.

Putting a link on a site to link back to yours is becoming increasingly popular, and as long as the content that accompanies the link you put on, then it's bound to get you more traffic.

Just by putting 'check this out' isn't going to entice people to click, and no matter how good the link is, people will usually just ignore it. If you can grab somebody's attention, make them intrigued by what the link might be, then the better it is for you.

Enyi

Yes,it does help to get backlinks and give one site a good reputation.i do try this too,it almost guest posting where you post on a popular site on your same niche,it does helps to bring traffic especially if one wrote on a very interesting and valuable topic.

stbrians

Link bait is a great idea. However, sometimes what you think a great blog may end up not to be what you think. Therefore what I think that all the blogs you write should be well thought and well written. They should be informative and answer the FAQs that people need answers.

I have seen numerous clickbait and I would say I don't like it. I've seen a lot of it in Facebook and most of the time it annoys the person. It's a good way to get free traffic but all you can get if you're content is note really good.

It should be called as Influencer bait and not traffic bait as the author acts as an influencer and not as a traffic monger.
Yes, I know about it. It exists and not many people are able to distinguish the difference between an actual influencer and a fake influencer.

Top Bottom