• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Have you ever give your forum signature on rent?

You can ensure a good passive income by renting your signature on forums. It is just like giving your house or a part of your house on rent for a specified amount per month. By renting your signature space to somebody, you are allowing him to place his ads in your signature and you will be paid a rent for that. The rate of rent differs based on your position in the forum and the reputation you enjoy there. The more active you are there, the higher will be rate you can ask for. It works like a brand image.

While renting your signature space, you should ensure that the ads being displayed in your signature in no way conflict with the ToS of the forum. Otherwise you could be in trouble. Always ensure to advertise genuine sites to reaffirm your reputation in the forum.

Have you ever put your forum signature on rent?

No, I actually never thought about it that way, this is some pretty good idea, have you ever done it and was it successful? Are there places in which people go to signup for this services?

challengewriter;n1556 wrote: No, I actually never thought about it that way, this is some pretty good idea, have you ever done it and was it successful? Are there places in which people go to signup for this services?
I am yet to try this. I am working on a number of forums and building up my reputation so that I can trade my signature in future for a better pay off. The success of a signature trading business depends on your position in a particular forum. Factors like your reputation, number of posts made etc come in to play while deciding the rent for your signature space. The higher your reputation and experience in a forum, the more will be the rate of rent you can ask for.

Signature space renting is in a growing phase now and it is a good passive income for you. The only thing to take care is to ensure the quality of the sites being advertised in your space. Otherwise it may lead to lowering of your acceptance in that particular forum.

techseeker;n1566 wrote:

I am yet to try this. I am working on a number of forums and building up my reputation so that I can trade my signature in future for a better pay off. The success of a signature trading business depends on your position in a particular forum. Factors like your reputation, number of posts made etc come in to play while deciding the rent for your signature space. The higher your reputation and experience in a forum, the more will be the rate of rent you can ask for.

Signature space renting is in a growing phase now and it is a good passive income for you. The only thing to take care is to ensure the quality of the sites being advertised in your space. Otherwise it may lead to lowering of your acceptance in that particular forum.
So I have to build myself first and become a tp member in the forum, what about if you have a large audience in which read your posts and reply you, but you're still a beginner?

techseeker;n1566 wrote:

So I have to build myself first and become a top member in the forum, what about if you have a large audience in which read your posts and reply you, but you're still a newbie, with like 100 and something posts?

slutful

Yes I have given my signature space for rent like $5 for a month since I am an active forum member on different forums. But now I am using my signature space to promote my links and websites.

V

vinaya

I am on numerous forums. I have never given my signature space for rent, however, on some forums I promote my own websites and links. However, I may consider this an option if I am paid well.

This is a good idea. So far I have never heard or thought about it. If some user is hyper active on forums, then yes he can put his place for rent. And I am sure many people would love to take that place too.

ray

I am not sure if I would allow anyone to use my signature area at the cost of my own membership. I can do that if the forum administration takes the responsibility to keep a strict vigil on activities of the member tat has rented my space. No, I wil not take a risk for a small amount.

I am not sure if I would allow anyone to use my signature area at the cost of my own membership. I can do that if the forum administration takes the responsibility to keep a strict vigil on activities of the member tat has rented my space. No, I wil not take a risk for a small amount.
What kind of risks you are talking about? I am bit confused about what you say here. What bad thing can happen in this?! Please share more infmration on the same.

This is a bright idea, a welcome one. I really thought that a signature is only exclusive for the owner/user. It is a privilege given by the admin to him so that he could promote, introduce what he has in mind for an extra income. Now with this idea, he could also earn by letting other use it for their own advertising scheme. I may call this scheme as advertising within advertisement.

pecan

No, I never give out my signature for a rent, because I don't like to fill up my online presence with the trivial commercials. I saw how much some services pay to drag tehir links or banners on your tail after an every single post and it is not much. Also, you have to be high in the forum hierarchy otherwise you won't get paid much.

Top Bottom