• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Freelancer or elance?

I use freelancer to source most of my freelance writing work. But the competition there is stiff which leads to freelancers being underpaid. With that in mind I am looking for another basket to find clients but I am afraid I will only get the same situation in other freelance sites. Somebody mentioned that elance is much better.

is this true?

Elance is also a good online jobs marketplace. But if you want other suggestions, then I am going to recommend to you Fiverr and Guru. They also offer small/basic freelance writing work.

The problem with those sites is that like you said there are a lot of people on it. I tried out those sites and it's just too hard. Plus, they basically make you beg for those jobs, which is something that I'm not about to do. I would rather just make my money where else. Plus, the money that you make won't be that good. They say that they will pay you a lot, but they won't. You could try that out and it might work out for you, you might have better luck than I did

Doc Moose

Freelancer is where I started to earn as a freelancer. Most of the buyers back then were very responsive and they would always fulfill their commitments. I used to get good paying projects there. But when they merged with vWorker, that was the time when I noticed that jobs are hard to come by. Buyers are not as responsive anymore and when you won a project, chances are it won't be completed because the buyer won't respond to your messages even if he/she placed a milestone for the project.

I Love Elance. I used it once to create this app. I love how they have a variety of people to pick from for the job. The guy who made that burping app paid someone from Elance $300 to make it for him. Now he is a millionaire

Kennito

Why cant you try academic writing sites, or get your own website and private clients to write for? It is worth the hustle as compared to competiton we have in big sites.

I have signed up in both Freelancer and Elance and have got few jobs also. Both are good and professional. Only problem while depending on these sites is that the competition is more, but you can be successful based on the quality of your sample articles as well as the way you present about yourself.

Top Bottom