• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Free 60 day web hosting at smarter asp

kathryn

Smarter ASP is a web host I found about 2 years ago. I was looking for free web hosting to try out a website idea, and I was also looking for the longest free trial available. Smarter ASP was the best deal I could find. They offered 60 days for free, no credit card required to sign up, and they supplied a temporary domain name in case I didn't have a domain yet. I signed up, tried it, and it worked.

Now, whenever I need to test a website that I don't want to put on my shared hosting plan just yet, I build it on Smarter ASP and try it out there first for 60 days.

Definitely a host to add to your bookmarks so you have it when you need a free plan.

Hostizard

I have never tried hosting with such long trial period. It will be beneficial if you want to upgrade to pay for hosting, after free trial. Two months won't have effect to your online presence if you do not wish to continue hosting with such companies.

I don't rely on these free hosting providers for my site. We don't know how long they will run. One of the main disadvantages is hackers attack these servers with DDOS. Therefore most of the time, the site will be down. Also for a well-established site, A limited hosting is not a good idea. We should buy a paid hosting plan from famous sites like NameCheap and get started with the site. But the free hostings can be of handy for testing some scripts on the demo site.

@rizwanramzam what is DDOS? I would love to try this as I am looking for a free web host to see if I should actually spend money on getting a plan, do you know their paid plans and how costly they are?

V

vinaya

I was not aware that this kind of wonderful offers were available in the marketplace. I recently launched my website, had I known about this offer, I could have tried a free offer for two months and then only launch my website. I will check the link and see of I can make use of this offer.

I have visited the site and came to know that they are no longer offering free hosting services. However, they redirected me to a sister site which is offering free hosting. I was about to sign up but then I contact their support system and came to know the limitations. They are providing only 1 GB of disk space and around 10 GB Bandwith per month. It's good for a simple site but for a professional site can't use it. Therefore, I just skipped creating an account there and continued my site from premium hosting fo NameCheap.

I might consider trying Smarter ASP since I saw some good reviews about it, but I think their free trial is no longer available which is not good because most of the people who are creating their own website want's to try how it works and if it does really work well the way they want it. Most of us are looking for a web hosting site which can assure a 100% uptime and a 24/7 customer service for our inquiries and reports that might affect our websites.

Sounds like a very useful hosting plan for beginners or with those with new sites. Many hosting plans do offer free trial period but they aren't that long and lack many useful features.

I am glad you shared with us your experience however it would have been useful if you had also added their charges incase you wish to shift to the paid hosting with them.

rz3300

Yes that is a very very good point, let us not get up in the free and at least state what things are like afterwards. I think that we have all been victim to this little oversight in the past, at least I know I have.

I don't want to argue. I just want to point out why settle for trial web hosting when there are lots of free website builders and free hosting. I have to admit that I never heard or encountered this one.

Well, since you have tried this one and for sure, you'd exhausted the 60-day free or trial period, have ever bought a hosting site from them?

For the sake of discussion, I would like to agree with some here that free hosting site is susceptible or vulnerable to hackers. And again to accept the fact, that site is after for those who want to avail of free hosting in like manner their ads or PTC ads would be receiving more clicks and they are earning. Am I not right?

I'm been thinking about starting a recipe blog and I have been skeptical about it.Okay I will use this trial hosting site to kick-start my blog,at least a 2 months trial should point me in the right direction,if I want to continue with the recipe blog or not.

Top Bottom