• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Formatting of blog post

I have heard that there is a certain way that you should write your blog post. If should be broken down in to subsections within a topic. However, I have come across alot of blog post that are spread over 5 or more pages. As a reader I am annoyed by it. As a webmaster, I see why they do it. More space for ad revenue.

lludawg

I am not too fussy as long as writers use a lot of headings so I can find the information I am looking for quickly. If there is just a wall of text, readers will immediately leave even if the content is amazing. Spacing is important, but going more than 5 pages is just too much in my opinion. Good bloggers will be able to share their ideas in 3 pages or less.

The usual format of paragraphing is okay as long as the paragraphs are neatly written and with substance. But subsectioning is good and I enjoy reading articles with subsection headeers just like the newspaper. However, excessive breakdown of the article is sometimes annoying as if the writer was just breaking the paragraphs to make the article longer. Maybe a subsection would have 2 or more paragraphs so it would look good when it comes to formatting.

Formatting the blog is very important which is one of the attracting features of the blog. Writing in small paragraphs with bold sub-headings is a good idea. We can add bullet points in between that makes reading easier. I prefer articles between 500 to 1500 words spread in a single page, and include images at important places. Nobody will have the patience to read very lengthy articles.

ray

I have always thought that breaking my lengthy articles and dividing by sub headers is always good. I have written articles from 300 to to 6000 words so I divided them various sub headers if the the need was to do that. As for formatting is concerned it will always help your readers to scan. I generally don't take risk so at most times as a travel writer use my own camera images.

There are no hard and fast rules,however, the standard blog post consists of
around 1000 words
Contains couple of sections with subheadings
Subheadings are in H3 or H2 font.
Has couple of images and at least one video/graphics

Top Bottom