• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Favorite web-hosting company?

I have not compared many hosting companies but I've been using HostGator for some time now. So far it's so good. There are some glitches in between though and I find that their "Support Help Desk" is not that technically equipped but I'm still happy with them.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
I used to use bluehost when I started with my websites. I was with them for say more than 5 years and I was satisfied with them. I never had any issues with bluehost. So I can say my favorite web hosting company is Blue host.

I used to use bluehost when I started with my websites. I was with them for say more than 5 years and I was satisfied with them. I never had any issues with bluehost. So I can say my favorite web hosting company is Blue host.
But you've your own company, still you like bluehost!? :)

So far I have been happy with One.com. I haven't had any issues and it was free for the first year along with the TLD. I have heard others say they have to pay for a set up fee. Guess I got lucky and got a special on it because I did not pay anything. They did not even ask for payment information. I have not had any space issues or any other issues that I can think of so far. They give you wordpress and a design program with the hosting or you can build you site from an external source.

When I checked out the site it seems to be like Proboards. So there would be limitations such as lack of access to the server so you would not be able to use certain services. Services like post exchange sites. If you are not worried about that then it would be a good option. But I could be wrong.

The message on their support Forum states: "Support ProphpBB by upgrading to a premium forum with the many benefits that come with that. This includes file and picture attachments, your own advertising system, etc. You'll also be able to make messages like this one."

I was under the impression that you'll have access to files of the board along with the ability to show the advertisements but apparently that's not the case. Because the other message on the site said this: "ProphpBB provides secure, reliable and fast forum hosting for thousands of forums at absolutely no cost. Running phpBB3 in our customized environment, you'll have access to many exciting standard and premium features."

So that way, it's another hosting company with possibly, with very good support for phpBB and MODs for it... as far as I can understand it.

Roy

Hostgator is what I use for my website. I don't think I really wanna try others. I enjoy Hostgator the way it is for now. :p

I think Hostgator is the oldest and most appreciated web hosting company. It provides comparatively better services and offers to it's clients, when compared to other hosts. I'm not sure if it's really worth it, but I have always seen Hostgator in the list of best web hosting companies.

Top Bottom