• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Favorite domain?

Tal

I don't see the big difference between com or net,
But net is less familiar so it's easier to remember it.

lludawg

I recently have started recognizing domain names other than .com! I actually bought a .club domain a few days ago. I like how there are so many different domains like .rock and .pro. Anyways, .com is definitely my favourite but I also am fine with many others like .net, .co, and .org. I am not sure I really like .biz though. Not 100% sure why.

Mine is also .com it's very well known and
Probably the most famous domain. Other countries have different domains, but I'm sure you all already knew that. I don't mind .org, but I don't like .net and I have no idea why. I guess it doesn't sound as good to me as .com does. I don't know, I have issues

I also like .com and some years back it was the only "most" popular TLD. But with the variety of TLDs available these days I also like ".me". But I think the choice of it is largely influenced by your location and niche.

Hugop

By characters(because the shorter the better), my favourite one is "io" but I buy many "com" domains because it is the most known TLD.

By service, I like .onion because it is free and in my opinion better than "tk". "onion" is perfect to show our friends our websites, all they need is the known Tor browser.

Another TLD I like is "website" but I only have 1domain using it :p

I would prefer using country based domain. I lived in Singapore, so I would like to be able to host a site on .sg domain. It looks much more professional and serious than some like .net

rightct

I don't see the big difference between com or net,
But net is less familiar so it's easier to remember it.
Though you don't name your site com or net just for "appearance" reasons. It makes more sense to assign a com domain to your blog because it's generally assigned to "company", and if you've got, for example, a hosting company, it makes more sense to assign it a net TLD because it also makes more sense to say you own a "network".

I would prefer using country based domain. I lived in Singapore, so I would like to be able to host a site on sg domain. It looks much more professional and serious than some like net
What you said completely makes sense, though keep in mind that you will be able to get traffic just from the country your domain extension represents, so if you want to expand your business internationally, you will be unable to do so unless you grab a com, net or any other TLD extension.

Well, com is universally recognized and used for almost everything, so it's better in that regard.
Good point. Also when people type in the name of the sites, they usually end it with com rather than net or any other extension, so paying the extra price for the com extension is truly savvy. :)

Though you don't name your site com or net just for "appearance" reasons. It makes more sense to assign a com domain to your blog because it's generally assigned to "company", and if you've got, for example, a hosting company, it makes more sense to assign it a net TLD because it also makes more sense to say you own a "network".

What you said completely makes sense, though keep in mind that you will be able to get traffic just from the country your domain extension represents, so if you want to expand your business internationally, you will be unable to do so unless you grab a com, net or any other TLD extension.

Good point. Also when people type in the name of the sites, they usually end it with com rather than net or any other extension, so paying the extra price for the com extension is truly savvy. :)
Right now, my site is only catering to Singapore matters so it will not be a problem for me. If we are only talking about international business then .com would be the perfect choice

Sapett

com is my favorite as well. It is the most widely recognized and popular domain. I find this useful when people try to visit my website. If they know the name, most people will automatically try com as the extension on their first try.

cwvps

I prefer .com, but I could also go with . net and .org. Lately, I like when I see a country domain. These are more common in Europe than in US.

dot com is one of the top level domains. Some browser automatically redirects to dot come website. Dot com is also the first domain extension. However, there are many domain extensions, I am using dot xyz

Top Bottom