• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Embeded music

what is your opinion about embeded music on websites?

• Awesome

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Annoying

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Some website owners decided to embed an infinite looping song that play endlessly the moment you enter their website. They do this to add more personality to their website. Some website owners decided to embed a radio station on their website or blog so the visitor will have an additional entertainment option for the visitors of their site.

I want to know what is your opinion about websites with a built in auto playing music on it?

I abhor when designers add auto play music and videos to their site. It is not customer friendly or attractive or beneficial to any site. If they give you the option to play it when you want to see it, then it is fine... but auto play slows the site down and in a lot of cases causes issues for viewers to enjoy your site. I turn away from sites that have auto play anything on them and I refuse to ever design a site with it on it.

I used to hate landing on tumblr blogs that had embedded music. It was very annoying. It would automatically play, and some of the songs were heavy metal and hurt my ears. Lol, good thing I had the option to pause the songs

I hate it when they have music embeded into the site and it automatically starts playing the moment you visit the site. I think that the blogs or websites that tend to have these are quite unprofessional and tend to be sites created by first time webmasters. Thankfully they have an option to pause otherwise I would never even bother looking around the site.

I hate when this happen. Sometimes the sound is loud and get a scare. I do not know why people do this. Nobody has to listen a music when entering in a website. Besides, everybody has your own taste for music and the website can embed a really bad song.

Now something reminds me of an annoying PTC site that I endured for a year because it pays me money. That site auto plays the Justin Bieber song Baby in an infinite loop. I don't wear my headset whenever I have to visit that site so I don't have to year that monstrosity because it makes my ears bleed. I think there is nothing wrong with embedding music as LNG as it is not auto playing so people will have an option to skip it.

Some website owners decided to embed an infinite looping song that play endlessly the moment you enter their website. They do this to add more personality to their website. Some website owners decided to embed a radio station on their website or blog so the visitor will have an additional entertainment option for the visitors of their site.

I want to know what is your opinion about websites with a built in auto playing music on it?
I personally don't like it, and I thought that most of the people had the same opinion as me but as I can see from the votes it's in a draw right now :D I remember the days where on hi5 everyone had a music embedded on their profile page and it was annoying as hell because I really had to mute my speakers!

I personally wouldn't use that feature, it's too restrictive in terms of users, will certainly remove some of the possible visitors because the music won't pleasure everyone of them :S Yes it's a way of customising even more your site/forum/blog but it restricts some of the possible users!

Amazing how so many people can't stand it but it is still widely used. Even here the larger portion have voiced their dislike of it.
Seriously it's still widely used? I can't remember the last time I entered a site with embedded music :p are you sure? Maybe it's mainly on blogs or any social media profile pages right? hehe

I'm pretty sure that in a few years people will stop using it, the majority of the users don't like it and it can be restrictive, as I said before! It was used mainly in hi5 I think, and hi5 is over (is it? at least I've never heard of it anymore eh eh), so embedded music has it's days counted!

Not much people are voting in the poll but it is funny how everyone seemed to hate this autoplaying music feature. The 2 people who seemed to like it decided to stay anonymous and not say their opinions. It makes me wonder why any website and blog owners kept on using this feature despite of the fact that is not well received. People hates force registration but the implementation of embedded music seemed to get a more universal hate and we don't even gave a vocal minority.

Seriously it's still widely used? I can't remember the last time I entered a site with embedded music :p are you sure? Maybe it's mainly on blogs or any social media profile pages right? hehe

I'm pretty sure that in a few years people will stop using it, the majority of the users don't like it and it can be restrictive, as I said before! It was used mainly in hi5 I think, and hi5 is over (is it? at least I've never heard of it anymore eh eh), so embedded music has it's days counted!
I still run into to them quite a bit. Even some business websites have them. It is not as bad as it once was, but they are still out their pretty heavy. It is mostly personal websites that have them though.

If you guys are still doing some play to click sites, you are going to encounter a plethora of we sites that still uses embedded music. I think embeded music will only work if you are a singer and you want to promote some new songs to people who are already your fans and wanted to check out your site. This feature is only oing to wor, for musicians. To other type of websites, it will surely wont work unless the visitor happens to enjoy the same genre of songs with you. For sure it is not for everybody at all.

Rubie

As the purpose of embedding music in entertaining site visitors doesn't make sense. Each person has their own genre of music to listen with, might as well, there are some who don't want listening to music at all. The fact that the music embedded to a specifc site is a personal choice of the site owner, then there's less possibility that visitors will like the the music played on the site.

I am a music lover, but I am particular.

I don't think a metal head will like to be forced to listen to bubble gum pop music. I don't think a folk loving hippie will like hearing a rap song. I don't think a mainstream pop fan will like to listen to steam punk music. So yeah people indeed have different preferences when it comes to music. I just encountered four websites today that uses embedded radio stations and music play list. Some of them don't even add the option to mute the music. This feature will only make sense for a singer's website.

Last edited:
LOL @The_Arctic_Outcry, good thing I listen to just about anything.... well except gangster rap. But you are right... you shouldn't force people to listen to something that is outside of their comfort zone. It is a quick way to lose a potential customer/client/fan. If it is a site dedicated to a particular genre or artist, then it is ok to have embedded music... that is what the viewer is there for in the first place. However, you don't want to put Justin Beber playing on a page about political warfare, or CombiChrist on a page about mental health.

Once I was invited to a site and when I joined, it didn't occur to me that there is that annoying soundtrack because my speaker was turned off (that is my default, I only turn it on when I need to hear the audio). And when I learned that the site has that soundtrack all the time, I exited and never went back. In fact, I don't remember the site anymore. Some web designers are pre-occupied with their art, not thinking of the convenience of the user. The first design of our office website has an animation that takes more than 2 minutes to fully display. That's a bummer.

What soundtrack was that @Alexandoy? Must have been a very bad soundtrack to make you leave the site.
From what I remember, the soundtrack was actually a commercial. It is a video playing in one corner of the webpage. As I said, I was oblivious of it at first since my speakers are muted. But when I discovered that it has a soundtrack, that's when I got to know that it was actually playing an advertisement video. Now I remember, it is a local forum catering to Filipinos. But in fairness, it has a fairly large community and a vast list of boards. I haven't been to that site for several years now.

This is one of my petpeeves. I do not want this happening to me especially when my speakers are on the maximum level. Sometimes, I enter a website and unknowingly, a music plays in the background. It happened to me many times and it is embarrassing since I was at a public place at that time. I needed to scroll down and look for that playing audio. I didn't find it and the last resort I could do is to exit. I just wish there's a permission to play for embedded musics.

ion

I like that idea, but the music should be related to the content of the sites or blogs, let me say, if the blogs is about environment, don't play the rock songs. Anyway, it's easy to turn it off if I don't like the music.

Top Bottom