• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

Edit your own posts.

Hi,

With this new style do we have the functionality of 'editing our own posts'? I am not sure if it's only me who is missing it or I just overlooked it. Can someone please guide? Or is there some time-limit set for it?

Last edited:
Never mind, I just noticed it that I could edit above thread. That means there is some time limit to edit the posts - may I ask the time-limit?

It seemed like we can't edit are post that has been around for hours. I have some minor mistakes that I want to fix and I have some posts that I want to tweak for artistic reasons but I can't. I am only able to edit a thread or reply few seconds after I posted it. Admins may have reasons why they put some limitation with the edit button. I do wish that I can edit because some mistakes change the meanings of what I want to express or say.

Ditto. I think we had this feature available to us before, no?

I too have noticed this that I am only able to edit a thread or reply few seconds after I posted it. That's why I made second post in this thread thinking that I might have overlooked and edit was actually allowed, but I think there is a time limit to edit now. Possibly this can be changed ...

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
All accounts have permissions to edit there own posts. There is a time limit i.e. you will need to wait 5 minutes once posted to edit.

Please let me know if you are still facing the issue.

I am always interested in the editing conversation. Sometimes I revisit a post I have made and I wonder if I was half awake when I typed it. Then there are times I hope what I intended to convey was not completely misunderstood. Recently I have been able to correct some errors in posts I made months and month ago. I guess even with reading over and over and over again we still make mistakes. That said, it would be nice to have an edit feature well beyond posting.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ashok,

Please see the below picture, I can only see "Report" link and there is no "edit" link. This post was made yesterday.

I am always interested in the editing conversation. Sometimes I revisit a post I have made and I wonder if I was half awake when I typed it. Then there are times I hope what I intended to convey was not completely misunderstood. Recently I have been able to correct some errors in posts I made months and month ago. I guess even with reading over and over and over again we still make mistakes. That said, it would be nice to have an edit feature well beyond posting.
It seemed like we can't edit are post that has been around for hours. I have some minor mistakes that I want to fix and I have some posts that I want to tweak for artistic reasons but I can't. I am only able to edit a thread or reply few seconds after I posted it. Admins may have reasons why they put some limitation with the edit button. I do wish that I can edit because some mistakes change the meanings of what I want to express or say.
Hello All,

Can you please check now and see if you are able to edit the posts.

:D Yuppie!! I went and made some adjustments. I am not saying I caught them all not but I caught a few mistakes and corrected them. I hope it was not too much trouble. I am sure you know we are all capable but thanks for helping us to tidy up things. I really appreciate this.

Top Bottom