• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Domain names from simplesite.com

I had recently created my own website at sinplesite.com and I am still not sure if I should buy my domain name from them. The price for the domain name is just $1 which is very cheap but it is also too good to be true because there are no any monthly charges or yearly fees.

I am not sure if the site has the power to sell my domain name to someone else if I become inactive. Will they have the power to block or take back my domain name in the future? I will also like to know if I will have to renew my domain name anytime in the future after buying it. Does any of you have any experience with simplesite? You can also suggest for me other sites that I should use.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
I had recently created my own website at sinplesite.com and I am still not sure if I should buy my domain name from them. The price for the domain name is just $1 which is very cheap but it is also too good to be true because there are no any monthly charges or yearly fees.

I am not sure if the site has the power to sell my domain name to someone else if I become inactive. Will they have the power to block or take back my domain name in the future? I will also like to know if I will have to renew my domain name anytime in the future after buying it. Does any of you have any experience with simplesite? You can also suggest for me other sites that I should use.
.com for a Dollar is not possible until it's a promotional sale or the website owner is new and looking for customers.
Remember one thing if you are buying these kind of domains in promotional sales or getting it free, then be prepared to pay higher cost than normal renewal rates.

remnant

I would caution anybody against using Simplesite. They indicate no their homepage that they offer a free service but their is some print hidden in their FAQs where renewal is a requirement at 3 levels starting with a subscription of $10 per month. If one exhausts the trial period and not willing to renew, the content is deleted.

rmina

I would caution anybody against using Simplesite. They indicate no their homepage that they offer a free service but their is some print hidden in their FAQs where renewal is a requirement at 3 levels starting with a subscription of $10 per month. If one exhausts the trial period and not willing to renew, the content is deleted.
That's so sad to hear... maybe if they have included that subscription fee beforehand... ? It would have been... cool.. Didn't they include it in their terms and agreements?

Admin Reddyash is right.. :) Why not go with namecheap instead... :) I'm using them too... I subscribe for 5 years while it's cheap, because renewal might be expensive later on... hehe
Thanks for suggesting namecheap. I will use it only since I have come across many good praises about namecheap.

Content? That is very harsh. Thanks for this information. I rarely take my time to read all the FAQs and $10 subscription is very expensive. I can't imagine someone deleting all my content unless I have backed it up.

Admin Reddyash is right.. :) Why not go with namecheap instead... :) I'm using them too... I subscribe for 5 years while it's cheap, because renewal might be expensive later on... hehe
This is true. I once bought bought a domain name from a site that only costs a dollar. Later on, the renewal fee was so expensive.

Top Bottom