• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Domain name and search ranking

Hello Friends

There are lost of extensions are available now for choosing domain name. So now people can choose their liking name with new extensions, as before they couldn't because with those famous extensions they were taken already.

But I wonder if those new extensions like .xyz is that worthy like .com. I mean if I take any of new extension instead of .com extension, then will it affect Google or other search engine ranking because of that. It is matter, or all is matter is site's content.

Many people who are new to the online world do not know where to begin and are often asked to register a domain first and quite rightfully so.
However, when asked about what and what not to do while registering a domain the most answer is that one must focus of choosing the best domain name for their business. This should reflect on your brand name and your area of business. Another thing that is often suggested is that the domain should be registered with a reliable web hosting provider which is correct. But there are many other factors that one should focus on when looking to register a domain name.

For best solution, refer below provided links,

https://www.milesweb.com/blog/important-things-know-registering-domain-name/
https://www.milesweb.com/blog/what-to-consider-before-selecting-the-right-hosting-provider/

Dot com is the first domain extension, thus,it has advantage over relatively new domains like dot xyz. However, years later, dot com and dot xyz will stand in equal footing just like dot com and dot net these days. extension alone is not responsible for search engine ranking.

I do not think that domain extentions actually matters when it comes to search rankings. I think it is the domain name that matters. However, I stand to be corrected.

Certain national domains, though not all of them, as some, like .co, have been turned into general ones, will cause one to rank more in the targeted nation. For instance, a .us website will rank higher in the US, then in the UK. In fact, it might not ever rank much at all in the UK.

However, there could be exceptions to the rule. For instance, JazzGuitar.be is a megasite about Jazz guitar and ranks in a top 3 spot on Google for the phrase "Jazz Guitar". This fact is true, despite the fact it uses the national domain extension of Belgium. However, note that the website is an incredibly powerful website.

I see a lot of domain extensions thought not so effective also coming up high on the search rank while searching for a particular domain name. As long as the domain name has the keyword, regardless of the extension, it does appear to make it high on the search engines.

I see a lot of domain extensions thought not so effective also coming up high on the search rank while searching for a particular domain name. As long as the domain name has the keyword, regardless of the extension, it does appear to make it high on the search engines.
I am not sure about this things, because I have heard different stories from different people. Some people are saying that extensions like .com can do well in search engine than those new non popular extensions. And some are saying that it doesn't matter that much. So it is very confusing for me. So for now I have taken the famous one .com extension for my blog. I don't know what is the truth, but I didn't want to take any risk. Though I am not active on my blog either.

Domain name, of course, matters. It designates the kind of specialty or the niche which the site is apt to. Extension domain name, nowadays, is being customized or personalized based on the preference of the website owner.

Lately, I have across a new domain name extension like .name, .info, .pro, .coop, .jobs, .cat, .me, .asia, .xxx, .post, .army, .church, .actor, .audio, .gallery, .money, .pub, .theater, .gay, .wow, .smile, among others.

Imagine these domain name extensions have already reached to more than 800. Though .com matters much for it is identified for commercial domain, however, the point to get noted or well-visited site is the ability to promote it, the quality of the post it carries, and its integrity as far as web is concerned.

Domain name, of course, matters. It designates the kind of specialty or the niche which the site is apt to. Extension domain name, nowadays, is being customized or personalized based on the preference of the website owner.

Lately, I have across a new domain name extension like .name, .info, .pro, .coop, .jobs, .cat, .me, .asia, .xxx, .post, .army, .church, .actor, .audio, .gallery, .money, .pub, .theater, .gay, .wow, .smile, among others.

Imagine these domain name extensions have already reached to more than 800. Though .com matters much for it is identified for commercial domain, however, the point to get noted or well-visited site is the ability to promote it, the quality of the post it carries, and its integrity as far as web is concerned.
Yes it matters. But the thing I want to know that can it effect the in coming traffic. Or it is totally depend on the content of the site. I mean, is it like that .com extensions sites may receive more hits than those new domain extensions. I think it should depend on content only. Though I am not sure on it.

Though there are a lot of extensions these days such that any name you so much want you are likely going to get it on any of the extension especially the non popular ones. Personally these arev the three extension I like a name under any of these extensions, .com .org and .net. If no availablility trying to register a name using any of the extensions I'd rather modify the name until I get on any of that three.

Though there are a lot of extensions these days such that any name you so much want you are likely going to get it on any of the extension especially the non popular ones. Personally these arev the three extension I like a name under any of these extensions, .com .org and .net. If no availablility trying to register a name using any of the extensions I'd rather modify the name until I get on any of that three.
Even I do the same. If domain name is not available with such premium extensions then I would modify domain name instead of having those new extensions. I don't know if it affects the traffic but domain name with these premium extensions looks more professional. Ha ha. I know this is kind of mind effect only. I do work in website design and developing. And most of my clients too demands for .com extensions only.

Top Bottom