• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does your forum or site has competitors?yes, how many?

Hi,

I think there is more competition online these days in every niche on the internet. Usually, if you're a webmaster, you'll need to compete with some type of competitor. If you are lucky, some of you don't have to face this. Said all that, does your forum or site have any competitors? If yes, how many? And are your able to get ahead of them, one way or other?

I think for any site to k ow just how many competitors it's got is hard to say, as you quite rightly pointed out there appears to be thousands of sites out there now covering every niche imaginable.

With their being so much competition, I think any new sites will have to try and find an alternative way of covering a subjest, just to be able to make a mark, as a lot of the other sites will have been going for a number of years, and will have already built up a large number of members already.

Our office forum is about the movie industry since our organization is one of the pillars. But topics in our forum range from off topics up to any field of entertainment. You can imagine the huge number of websites in the same genre. We don't think of them as competition because our forum is not that big and not that active either. With a small community when we started, it grew by leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, it is now back to that small community.

I think that's the risk that most sites will be aware of. Just because they will have a lot of members join up at the start, doesn't necessarily mean those members won't move to various other sites as they see fit.

Keeping a steady stream of new users is important for any site to keep going, and solely relying on the members you've got can be risky.

J Greig

The problem now-a-days is that it doesn't matter what website you start, you will always have a competitor. It doesn't matter if it's in the gaming, technology, webmaster, hosting or even general discussion niche, there is always one more that has become a success before you even get started. However, I have the opinion that all websites have a chance of succeeding, providing you can offer some more unique over the others.

Top Bottom