• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does spamming really work?

:eek: Spamming is one of the oldest way of marketing ever since the internet exist. Yes well of us hates spam and hates getting spammed. I decided to create this topic because I just realized something. Many companies don't stop spamming even though people hated it. If Spamming is still being practiced today, Does this mean this strategy actually works?

Websites gain traffic and businesses gets customers with spamming. Yes there are more legit ways of marketing but if spamming doesn't work then people would have stopped spamming but they didn't.

I guess it does work. Even if people hate it, some won't and are not even bothered by it. Me? I don't really care if you post a lot, just not all at once. You can post 10 or more posts pee day, just not all at once. I don't want to scroll down and see a million posts from the same person. Give me a chance to see other people's posts too. That's annoying. I've seen people post countless links in Facebook groups, non stop. It's not enjoyable and I usually feel like unfriending the people who do that

Kennito

Spamming really works, but you need to have a good strategy as compared to how it used to be before. For instance, if you want to do social media marketing via spamming, you can do so by having a lot of accounts, and ensuring you post like a normal person who is not promoting anything.
Your post should always be natural whether you are blog commenting or posting in forums. This helps your post stay for long by not getting banned as compared to posting same link as a reply to a lot threads.

I think it does work and it is cheaper than that of other paid ads. Though spammers should really be more well-mannered in spamming. They should post legitimate information and do not spam aggressively. I have seen spammers who flood a post excessively which can just annoy people. If done properly, spamming can be a good way to promote a business or link.

Spamming does work and is the cheapest way to gain traffic for ex. to your website, blog, business (something you want to make money with).
There's this website where people advertise ; Pastebin, I must admit that I have used it for my own commissions too.
Maybe working with it could help you too. Good luck! :D

Spamming really works, but you need to have a good strategy as compared to how it used to be before. For instance, if you want to do social media marketing via spamming, you can do so by having a lot of accounts, and ensuring you post like a normal person who is not promoting anything.
Your post should always be natural whether you are blog commenting or posting in forums. This helps your post stay for long by not getting banned as compared to posting same link as a reply to a lot threads.
As per my experience, spamming works well but you have to be creative so as not to be obvious with your intention. There was a time that I promoted my blog in sites an email group that is about short stories. I would write short stories and before the climax part, there was the blurb of my blog. Another way I did was to promote my blog in the local forums but again, it should be discrete with the promotional line. You cannot just barge in and post your link.

I have always hated spams in my inbox or anywhere else. Since I myself do not enjoy it, I do not see any reason for me to impose the same thing on others.

:eek: Spamming is one of the oldest way of marketing ever since the internet exist. Yes well of us hates spam and hates getting spammed. I decided to create this topic because I just realized something. Many companies don't stop spamming even though people hated it. If Spamming is still being practiced today, Does this mean this strategy actually works?

Websites gain traffic and businesses gets customers with spamming. Yes there are more legit ways of marketing but if spamming doesn't work then people would have stopped spamming but they didn't.
Yes it works. It's one of the best ways of promoting something, unfortunately. Because there are a lot of users that will never want to use the service/site/"whatever you want to promote" and they will be really annoyed by the spam. But there are some users that will overtime become interested on the service that is being promoted and will eventually use it/sign up/etc :p

But it's a really expensive way of promoting your service I have to agree! :D

Most of us really hated it but it seemed to be really working because if it doesn't work, people would have quit spamming 10 years ago. I don't remember my self clicking a link of a spam or joining a website because of a spam but I am sure some people may had fall for it because if they didn't then we wouldn't be seeing a lot of them only. In a way spamming is like those telemarketers, the were super annoying by they were here to stay because there are people who fell for their marketing.

I guess it does, at least in the short term. Long term, I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on the context. In some cases, it does seem to work. In others, I would think not. I would imagine Google will penalize you if you spam links to your blog or site, for example. Spamming for products on the other hand, seems to work. I can't imagine why.

I honestly think too many people spend more time trying to find ways to scam/spam/and avoid work than they do trying to create a good business or brand.

Most of us really hated it but it seemed to be really working because if it doesn't work, people would have quit spamming 10 years ago. I don't remember my self clicking a link of a spam or joining a website because of a spam but I am sure some people may had fall for it because if they didn't then we wouldn't be seeing a lot of them only. In a way spamming is like those telemarketers, the were super annoying by they were here to stay because there are people who fell for their marketing.
Yes there are some people like you that haven't clicked in any of those spamming links, but I bet that you already used some site that used spamming as a technique to be known eh eh :p Sometimes spamming is not only related to websites, can be also related to other services. For example, a few years ago when I wanted to go on vacations I would go to a physical shop and buy the tickets there and chose my hotel there as well. But as the years passed I was spammed with some online services like booking.com and sites like that and nowadays I schedule all my vacations using online services! :p So it kinda worked with me eh eh

Well, spam has been around a lot longer than that. We just didn't call it that at the time. Like you said, there are telemarketers, but there was also lots and lots of "junk mail" that used to flood our snail mail boxes. I don't see as much of the real world junk mail as I once did, since it's easier to spam online.

Well, spam has been around a lot longer than that. We just didn't call it that at the time. Like you said, there are telemarketers, but there was also lots and lots of "junk mail" that used to flood our snail mail boxes. I don't see as much of the real world junk mail as I once did, since it's easier to spam online.
You made me remember the other day when I was watching television and the show went to the break. And read this well: there was a commercial that streamed 3 times in a row, seriously! It was the first one after the show ended, then right before the show starts again it streamed 2 times in a row again. And I was like: seriously? You guys also spam the TV commercials like that? :D

The world is coming to and end with this spamming techniques ahah there is nothing like the old school commercials that we liked to watch, not this recent ones that are spammed like if there was no tomorrow :p

I can actually endure text Spams because I don't need to read them.( Off topic, I love the canned meat Spam, that savory and cancerous deliciousness is heaven in a can) On the other hand, I hate YouTube's annoying and unskippable video ads. I don't want to read resort to spamming, I will just go for paid advertisements so I won't be needing to go through people marking me as spam and disrespecting me. I will go for the legit way of advertisement instead.

Yes it is annoying for many. However, with sales it is a numbers game. The more you expose a site or product to the more chances that the product will convert. So we may not like it but it works for some companies. However, the better companies find a way to add more value than to spam.

I just wish they can find a way to make it more subtle instead of just shamelessly flooding forums and Facebook pages. There is now a more annoying kind of spamming that bothers me lately and it is the people who are spamming employment openings.n they were very aggressive on Facebook. If they were a legit employment agency, they should be advertising it in a classified ad that is created to entice job applicants and not fan page of a TV show or a Celebrity.

In my opinion I'm surprised that spamming does still happen because while it's true that the more you flood a certain sites, the more likely you are to get someone to click your link. In this day and age and with the internet being well established now, most people would be wise enough not to click any link that is obviously spam.

While some people are doing though, I think it probably will continue to be a problem.

In my opinion I'm surprised that spamming does still happen because while it's true that the more you flood a certain sites, the more likely you are to get someone to click your link. In this day and age and with the internet being well established now, most people would be wise enough not to click any link that is obviously spam.

While some people are doing though, I think it probably will continue to be a problem.
Well, I'm not surprised ahah in fact I believe that in the future, spam will continue to happen, with the same quantity or even more than it's happening nowadays. In the past you had to spam the internet at your own, so you would spend a lot of time doing it, not being worth if you couldn't get enough visits/viewers regarding the effort you have spent. The problem is that nowadays (and I believe that it'll be even more in the future) there are certain sites that offers mini jobs and some of the employers ask for you to spam something in a variety of situations, for example: youtube videos, forums or blogs related to a certain theme etc! And that is much more cheaper and worth than doing it by your own!

I don't believe spamming actually works. When you are spammed, you will block the person or system that is spamming you. Even the search engines do not like spamming. Sharing the same over and over will reduce its attractiveness even if it may be actually importance. Interestingly,sometime spamming do work. I know a writer who shares about his books over an over on twitter and facebook, and he seems to be selling good number of copies.

Top Bottom