• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does anyone still use yahoo!?

alakazam

Most people focus on Google nowadays, while some webmasters take Bing into consideration as well. What about Yahoo!? Does anyone still use Yahoo! search? Have you seen any traffic coming from Yahoo! to your website?

I am a yahoo mail user and even if I have a gmail account, it is not really used at all. But in searching, it is automatic for me to use Google. In fairness to Yahoo, it has a different list when I search my name - I regularly make a search for my name in search engines so I am aware of my standing in the internet. In the last time I checked, I am more popular in Yahoo than in Google. Wait, I forgot all about Bing, sorry but I haven't used Bing in a long while.

nytegeek

When it comes to search, Yahoo uses Bing so I'm not really sure that Yahoo is relevant as a search engine anymore. The only service that Yahoo hasn't completely gutted or contracted out on is the e-mail.

Why you should still consider Yahoo? Well many people had quit Google because Google is forcing them to answer captchas before showing their search results. Many people still uses Yahoo so its not a dead horse yet. Many people actually read some articles at Yahoo search before using its search engines. Though yahoo uses the services of Bing, I believe there are Yahoo search results that don't show up with Bing. It is still relevant and it is still used by many people because of some annoyances that Google have. Google doesn't work for everyone.

I had a Yahoo email account back in the day as I'm sure that most people did, but I have to say I haven't used that or any of their services for some time now.

Yahoo seem to only be in control of their email these days, and a lot of their other services they've either closed down, or contracted out to other parties. It looks like Google quite easily won that war.

cwvps

I don't use Yahoo. I still have a mail address there and I go from time to time to check it out, but it's not relevant anymore. I'been using Yahoo news for a while, but I've stopped. Not a dead horse just yet, but they need to come up with something if they want to stay in the saddle.

nytegeek

Yahoo is suffering from an unnecessarily long and drawn out death. Yahoo has dumped most of their better services and is mismanaging what little they have left to offer. Yahoo isn't relevant for search anymore since it uses Bing.

I agree and I think Yahoo as quite clearly been in decline for a number of years now. You'd think they'd just give it up now really, as I'm quite sure there's no chance of a revival, and what's more is they're not attempting one either.

Based on the ranking of the site in Alexa which I just checked, Yahoo is at #5 globally. SO I think a lot might still be using it. Nevertheless, we all knew Yahoo is not just a search engine. They were also a source of news so I think, it also contributes to the high traffic of the site. So the traffic is not coming solely from search engine. As for me, I use it from time to time. However, I use Google more often.

Aside from News and Celebrity Gossip, There are still people who were active in the very dated Yahoo answers. Yahoo also have a a Netflix clone named Yahoo Prime and they also have a Youtube clone named Yahoo screen. I just noticed that their search engine is now powered by Bing. I think they don't want to compete in the search engine market anymore. They focus more with news and the other services they offer. I haven't logged in with my Yahoo emails for years.

Yahoo answers, is the most popular service from Yahoo, Yahoo mail receives too much spam, so I prefer Gmail and Yahoo search doesn't yield too much result as a lot of people are more focused in making rank on Google. Yahoo news reporting platform is also one of the greatest.

I still use the Yahoo search engine, but occasionally. I only used it when I cannot use Google properly because of the VPN or maybe the socket that I am using. Google says that I am sending a multi query and I am a robot, but I think it's just the VPN or the socket that I am using that makes it that way.

Aside from News and Celebrity Gossip, There are still people who were active in the very dated Yahoo answers. Yahoo also have a a Netflix clone named Yahoo Prime and they also have a Youtube clone named Yahoo screen. I just noticed that their search engine is now powered by Bing. I think they don't want to compete in the search engine market anymore. They focus more with news and the other services they offer. I haven't logged in with my Yahoo emails for years.
I never thought their search enginr was already powered by Bing. It seems Bing has already surpassed Yahoo and now next to Google. Anyway, I still use my Yahoo email but not much as I use my Gmail.

Honestly saying, serious blogger should not ignore any kind of traffic. So I don't think there is good option to ignore any search engine. I receive traffic from Yahoo on my blog. Of course it is not that much in compare of Google, in fact it is very low in compare to Google. But still it counts. For me we can make big by collection small ones.

I guess yahoo are having less users right now in compare to past. But who knows the future. Anything can happen. They can do something unique and innovative to get their active members back. So better be aware.

Honestly saying, serious blogger should not ignore any kind of traffic. So I don't think there is good option to ignore any search engine. I receive traffic from Yahoo on my blog. Of course it is not that much in compare of Google, in fact it is very low in compare to Google. But still it counts. For me we can make big by collection small ones.

I guess yahoo are having less users right now in compare to past. But who knows the future. Anything can happen. They can do something unique and innovative to get their active members back. So better be aware.
Hhmmm. I do agree with you that things are not permanent and the one at the bottom can someday turn and go to the top. Anyway, I wonder how you can earn traffic from Yahoo. Is it through Yahoo search?

Hhmmm. I do agree with you that things are not permanent and the one at the bottom can someday turn and go to the top. Anyway, I wonder how you can earn traffic from Yahoo. Is it through Yahoo search?
Yes, things are not permanent for any one in any section. Yes I get traffic on my blog through yahoo search engine. Few of my links has linked on yahoo search engine, and that also one first page if we search for particular keyword. So yes it counts.

gabr1ela1

Can I still use yahoo even though I know took place the Google or Gmail, but I want to believe that I will use yahoo, so that later I have so many projects that address yahoo.
I hope to be ok and not to lose yahoo accounts, as long as we do not use the messenger just no longer in fashion.

I still have an email account at yahoo but I rarely use it. I prefer gmail because it is integrated with all my other accounts such as YouTube and Facebook. I also noticed that using yahoo leaves me more vulnerable to scams and other types of cyber attacks as my account receives a huge amount of spam mails directly in the inbox. As for the search engine I guess I have just grown accustomed to Google.

Top Bottom