• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you?

I only use social media to advertise my blogs. Everyday, I share the home page of my site as well as my two articles daily. Sometimes, I also share my old articles as it might gain traffic.

I haven't put in work in advertising my blog, because I am shy about it, but my website, I did advertise it through social media, and when I was using Tumblr actively, my traffic was off the kilter.

Not every week or everyday. Usually there are some months were I advertise my forum a lot and then I stop the adds for like 2 or 3 months to see the result. If it's good I do the same thing again. If it was not very successfull I try other method and test it again.

I found that I had some success puting my forum in other bigger forums that treated similar themes to my forum ;)

When our office website was just starting, we would be putting out advertisements once in a while and we even resorted to email spamming (we paid people to do that). Fortunately we now have a good number of regular readers and since our office website is an e-magazine with new articles every week, it is going slow and steady with the views. For 2016, we have grand plans of promoting our website and probably will have an overhaul of the webpage design.

I take help of other forums to advertise my sites/links. Mostly I use signature advertising and therefore there is no further efforts required. What you need is to ensure your visibility by being active in the forum. I could earn a good number of visitors/referrals through signature advertising.

Once you set a signature for you it can attract visitors to your site as far as you are active in the forum. I also include links in my posts, if it is allowable as per ToS of the forum. The main advantage of forum advertising is that you can get targeted audience there.

I haven't put in work in advertising my blog, because I am shy about it, but my website, I did advertise it through social media, and when I was using Tumblr actively, my traffic was off the kilter.
Why are you shy sharing your blogs in social media? You have good English skills based on your write-ups.
Anyway, I do understand you. I have another Facebook account by which my friends there aren't those my personal friends. I share my blogs there and at least earning some traffic there.

Why are you shy sharing your blogs in social media? You have good English skills based on your write-ups.
Anyway, I do understand you. I have another Facebook account by which my friends there aren't those my personal friends. I share my blogs there and at least earning some traffic there.
Well my blog is somewhat personal in an open way, and once I had a situation were one of my friends stumbled across it and recognized a story I wrote, despite changing the name of the users. So it makes me shy at times, but sharing it with others well people I know, but not so much, seems much better.

I hardly promote my site because I intend it to be a personal journal anyway. However, I still add it to forums signature so that people who are interested can click on it to visit my site. Other than that, i don't really put any time into promoting sites on the conventional level.

Well my blog is somewhat personal in an open way, and once I had a situation were one of my friends stumbled across it and recognized a story I wrote, despite changing the name of the users. So it makes me shy at times, but sharing it with others well people I know, but not so much, seems much better.
Same case with me. I never posted my blogs on my personal Facebook account. There were just things that are too personal. It's like my blogs are my diary which I share, by which I am maintaining my anonimity.

The problem with blogging too much, is this: if you are blogging all the time, there’s no time to do anything that will make you money. Plus, the actual writing of the blog posts is the least of your work. When you write a post, you have to answer reader comments, post it on Facebook and Twitter and answer those comments, deal with email, not to mention technical crap like updating WordPress plugins and the like.

Same case with me. I never posted my blogs on my personal Facebook account. There were just things that are too personal. It's like my blogs are my diary which I share, by which I am maintaining my anonimity.
Lately I haven't been blogging adn I had so many things planned for it, I guess once February comes I'll go back to it.
@Renren I don't know how people blog everyday it is quite fascinating, but some people who blog all they, use it as their main source of income, but most of this people have blown up and have thousands of readers.

Lately I haven't been blogging adn I had so many things planned for it, I guess once February comes I'll go back to it.
@Renren I don't know how people blog everyday it is quite fascinating, but some people who blog all they, use it as their main source of income, but most of this people have blown up and have thousands of readers.
I see. There were just a lot of things that hinders us doing what we love. Anyway, I hope you can go back to blogging and earn from monetization of it.

I see. There were just a lot of things that hinders us doing what we love. Anyway, I hope you can go back to blogging and earn from monetization of it.
I don't think it will be possible for me to monetize with my blog, as although I receive traffic, it isn't a whole bunch or a lot for that matter, just some days I get more hits than others, and I do not advertise it.

I don't think it will be possible for me to monetize with my blog, as although I receive traffic, it isn't a whole bunch or a lot for that matter, just some days I get more hits than others, and I do not advertise.

I don't think it will be possible for me to monetize with my blog, as although I receive traffic, it isn't a whole bunch or a lot for that matter, just some days I get more hits than others, and I do not advertise.
Maybe you can try in the future. I am planning to monetize some of my blogs. I already had one ofy blogs in Blogjob monetized, though it is not yet earning as I am only using Chitika. But I am yet to enrol in Google Adsense.

Maybe you can try in the future. I am planning to monetize some of my blogs. I already had one ofy blogs in Blogjob monetized, though it is not yet earning as I am only using Chitika. But I am yet to enrol in Google Adsense.
I hope you get accepted for Adsense. I will only be monetizing with YouTube in future, I suppose it's easier for me that way and all I have to do is make time for it lik I used to in the past.

nailah783

I spend a lot of time advertising, but I do worry about doing too much sometimes and I will take a break. It is important to advertise when there are so many sites that people can visit. You have to find a way to make your site stand out. Why does your viewpoint matter more than others? That's what you need to push.

ray

I leave no chance, posting my work to all the popular sharing sites is not enough but I keep tweeking and sharing my work with my followers. I never sit depending upon chance but try for newer things but advertising is one of the major activities for getting success.

Top Bottom