• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you submit to online directories?

lludawg

I remember a few years ago, before social media, people always submitted their sites to online directories like Technorati, etc. Nowadays, I don't even think about submitting to directories because I feel like it is not worth it and that there are better ways to rank your site.

Do you still submit your link to online directories?

Doc Moose

You are talking about during the time when backlinks played a huge role in ranking a website. That's why, there were all sorts of directories back then - article and site directories. There are thousands of them. The more you submit, the more backlinks you get to your site. From what I heard, this doesn't holds true anymore nowadays.

I remember a few years ago, before social media, people always submitted their sites to online directories like Technorati, etc. Nowadays, I don't even think about submitting to directories because I feel like it is not worth it and that there are better ways to rank your site.

It is funny that you made this thread because I just did one similar. I think that it is a waste of time to submit to sites like that. I don't even think that it helps with SEO..

It is useless to submit sites to directory. I tried it in the past and instead of boosting my SEO, I realize my site got penalized. If you are really interested, there are many sites that offer automated directory submission. The "best" one I have used is a china site lusongsong, though I would advise you not to try it. Instead, just put more effort into manual promotion.

At one time, submitting to web directories was a key factor in getting into major search engines and ranking. However, now.... it does not seem to have the same effect. So I am in limbo as to whether I want to submit to directories or not. They seem to be losing their usefulness from what I have seen so far.

At one time, submitting to web directories was a key factor in getting into major search engines and ranking. However, now.... it does not seem to have the same effect. So I am in limbo as to whether I want to submit to directories or not. They seem to be losing their usefulness from what I have seen so far.
That is because it is already common. Once something has been done by many people, it is no longer valuable so naturally, it will cease to be useful. Those who reached for it early stand to benefit from it most but the marginal benefit will also decrease over time.

eazymind

It is hard work submitting your website to a lot of directories. But the more you submit, the more back-links you have, the more page rank you get, the more web worth you own. It's all connected.
Actually there are some directory-submitting websites that do the work for you. Like the dmoz.

randiv

Yes I do. But I only submit in those directories which have high PR and are online for more than a year.

You are right, i agree with you.

I did for 4 years. I was to desirous my several blogs would be on the better position in the global ranking system. I submitted them to free ranking sites. And also I was carried by some suggestions of my friends to have a good if not better blog integrity it should have some backlinks of well-ranked websites. I have come to realize later that kind of SEO is of no effect. The increase of my followers and traffic is not dependent on such global ranking. It is well read and followed through the help of friends, through forum writing, through making a comment to a high-ranking sites.

Backlinks are considered as a major ranking factor but make sure you have quality backlinks from reputed or relevant website to your niche. Focus on quality then quantity.

Top Bottom