• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you make your own themes?

Do you use custom themes or free or paid themes from other people?

I use free themes. I'd like to purchase a theme that is different, though, or design my own.

I use free theme,even though my users nag about it a lot.
Well, I don't have any paypal account to purchase a new theme.
As for the designing, I am so not good at art. So, I don't know how to answer this question now :(

Raiden

I design and develop my own themes now, but in the past, I used free themes. I don't buy premium or custom themes at all, though.

I use free or premium themes and then customize them myself to make them unique or stand out. I don't think that custom themes are for me as they are quite expensive and can cause trouble with other people wanting to RIP/steal it from your site for their own uses. I think that customizing premium themes is good as if you do a good job with it then it is as good as any custom theme and also makes your forum stand out alot

nailah783

I wish I was talented enough to design my own theme. I'm not. I'm not even close. I think I'll stick with the free themes that they offer. It has been working all this time. It will work until it doesn't anymore.

Designing a theme at your own is not an easy task. It requires a lot of efforts for building a custom theme at your own. The person must have programming skills and control over web programming languages. Even after that, it takes a lot of time to make a theme without any errors. testing them and then finalizing it takes time. That's why a person who is in a hurry can't rely on this process. Rather he/she should buy a theme from a developer or us ea Free Theme available on the internet. In this way, the site could be launched too early as compared to building and using your own custom theme.

Last edited:
I am not a developer or desiger, thus I don't know how to create my own theme. I use free theme and I constomize according to my taste.

Top Bottom