• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you hate bidding sites like freelancer?

i used to hate bidding sites like freelancer and elance due to the process one goes through to find a client , but after i started using freelancer i realised that it's a great platform to fetch long term clients. what do you think of these sites?

I am a member of Freelancer but I never bid for a job because I am extremely busy at that time when I had signed up. But I joined the site which is formerly called Odesk, now called Upwork. I applied in some job posts and I was hired 3 times. The first and the second one was article writing and I earned a decent amount from those jobs. The previous one, I did Website Research and earned a pretty good amount. Due to extreme competition and that the site seems saturated with applicants, I took a break from bidding projects. It is not as easy as I initially thought.

To get a long term client, you should have this quality called 'perseverance'. It is not easy at first but if you keep trying, you can earn the amount you wanted. My friend currently earns about $1,000 in a month just for Website Research. She is not a techie person and admitted she is not very good even until now, but she's earning that amount which is considered big in my country.

While I do have an account with freelancer I have to admit that I've not been active on there and most of the time there's jobs on there that I'm either not interested in or I have no chance of getting even if I did bid, so I have to say from what I've seen I'm not a fan.

I think there are better ways to earn money online but that's just my opinion and others may well find sites like that quite lucrative.

i used to hate bidding sites like freelancer and elance due to the process one goes through to find a client , but after i started using freelancer i realised that it's a great platform to fetch long term clients. what do you think of these sites?
Yes, I do.
After giving several futile efforts to get a job on those bidding sites, finally have given up. I do not have an idea on how long one needs to wait to get the chance. The wage looks lucrative, but when you do not get an opportunity, there is no meaning to hang on.

I agree and its becoming increasingly harder to get a job on sites such as that, as more and more people are joining everyday.

It doesn't help that some of the members have been on their since day one so as a new member you've no way of competing with them to even get one job that's posted

I am a member of Freelancer, Elance and worknhire and I have got opportunities to work with few content writing teams through the bidding process. The only difficult side is that I have to work continuously to meet some strict deadlines. I am still a member of these sites and I get regular notifications from Freelancer, but I am no more interested because I am looking for more freedom and flexibility.

I am a member of Freelancer, Elance and worknhire and I have got opportunities to work with few content writing teams through the bidding process. The only difficult side is that I have to work continuously to meet some strict deadlines. I am still a member of these sites and I get regular notifications from Freelancer, but I am no more interested because I am looking for more freedom and flexibility.
When it comes to those kind of sites you've mentioned, you often find that the work is very time consuming for the amount of money being offered.

There's also that many other people on there that the rewards offered will keep on being pushed lower and lower as people are willing to work for less, just as long as they get some money.

Creating a team can also be a good way to work in freelancing sites. My friend was in a team and they have long term clients. My friend is not techy at all and used to not have the nerve to work onlien but she is finally earning from it.

Creating a team can also be a good way to work in freelancing sites. My friend was in a team and they have long term clients. My friend is not techy at all and used to not have the nerve to work onlien but she is finally earning from it.
You are right. It is better to create a team of writers instead of working alone. We can distribute the work to the team members instead of taking the whole burden on our shoulders. It will keep us relaxed and the deadline will no more become a problem.

fabio

I signed up to freelancer once, with the expectation that I would be able to find work I would enjoy doing. Like @ipol12 said, the competition is fierce, and I didn't get any of the jobs that looked interesting.

I got frustrated, and gave up on it when they started charging for subscriptions. I'm thinking about signing into Upwork now, they just take a 10% cut on your money when you finish a job, so if you don't get anything, at least you don't have to pay.

You are right. It is better to create a team of writers instead of working alone. We can distribute the work to the team members instead of taking the whole burden on our shoulders. It will keep us relaxed and the deadline will no more become a problem.
Yeah. There may be some problem that will exist like someone fails a quota and blame game happens, but it do happens sometimes. The best thing to do is work together and if the quota was achieved, then the client will always hire the group.

I am from a 3rd world country and there are countries that are poorer than my country. People from the nations poorer than my poor country are charging for less money so they have more chance to get hired than me. I am not going to write a 500 character article for just 2 dollars. Well for some reason there are people who are willing to get paid for that.

I am from a 3rd world country and there are countries that are poorer than my country. People from the nations poorer than my poor country are charging for less money so they have more chance to get hired than me. I am not going to write a 500 character article for just 2 dollars. Well for some reason there are people who are willing to get paid for that.
I knew some freelancers do that. But I do remember before that the minimum for Upwork is $3. I am not sure if it is still imposed since it's been quite a long time that I applied for a project.

Top Bottom