• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you consider managing a website hard work?

lludawg

Before I made my blogs and forums, I used to think managing a website was easy work. However, I personally believe managing a site is pretty tough work. You have to be dedicated and have tons of patience. I mean, even simple websites can take a lot of effort.

What are your thoughts? Do you think managing a website is considered hard work?

No, it's a easy work if a script is ready and just for editing. If not it's a hard work.
Just because you take a script doesn't mean that all your work is done and it's all plain sailing from there. It can be difficult and hard work to manage a site as you have to think of several things such as managing your sites content, advertising to different people, search engine optimization and fix any problems that come up. It can be hard work but it can also be enjoyable when you see it doing well

Our office website has an e-magazine that publishes 4 articles every week. On the side, there is a forum that needs monitoring. We have an admin and moderator in the forum to put a semblance of order. Besides, the robots are sometimes wreaking havoc although now there are some spammers that we tolerate. With the e-magazine, the main problem is the sourcing out of the weekly articles. Definitely, managing that kind of website is difficult because of the update requirements.

Clavax Technologies- A web application development company that offers information technology services and solutions to a global clientele. A website started has a space on the internet, where a company speaks about self. Almost all businesses have their website now, but just having a website is not enough. we offer custom application development services. Before starting with any app development project, we take up the job of understanding your business at best. Only after realizing with your main specific business purposes or requirements, we move on to the process of web development.

managing a website is a difficult job especially when you don't have web development skills. Most difficult part of website management is promoting the website and keeping it updated.

Managing a website is not hard but making it successful is hard. We have to work regularly on the site to make it a successful blog for visitors. Google will not show junk sites in their results. So spending time daily on the site, keeps it fresh and engage visitors. It increase readership and thus the ranking of the site.

MeowsePad

Managing a website can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. If you are a hobbyist, you aren't expected to put a ton of effort into your site; therefore, it will be easier. If you are serious and want your website to be a business, then it will be harder work. It all depends on your expectations, investment, and level of commitment.

PlayBall

Like other people have said here. Managing a website can be as hard or easy as we want it to be. It all depends what your goals are and how much you want to work at it. I also wouldn't say it's hard but it just takes time and patience. Keep at it and it will be a success!

erich

I think it is a lot of "busy work" vs hard work. I find myself always wanting to make tweaks here and there. That is what eats up all of my time. I really need to promote my site more vs always trying to provide features that big corporations do. I'm sure I would have much more traffic if I did.

It is really hard, specially when it comes to content creation and content promotion. Unless you can afford to hire a manager or content creator, doing everything by yourself is really a hard work. You need to come up with fresh content at least once a week, you need to promote your contents every day. Unless you are full time internet marketer, you cannot do it yourself.

It depends what type of website really. Like said above, a website with a blog and a forum associated with it - that is going to take a lot of hard work, dedication and time as you have to look after the forum and obviously post new content on the blog. On the other hand, a normal website using a script - like let's say a Twitter Follow exchange etc. will require next to no work except resolving a few problems if they pop up once in a while

Top Bottom