• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you admin a facebook page or group?

lludawg

I own a Facebook page but I don't find it that great for advertising my site. I have about 2000 real likes. However, every time I post something to my page, only abut 100-200 people see the post.

On the other end, promoting on Facebook groups has done a lot for my site. When I post something, people immediately get into a discussion and this generates more and more engagement.

My question to you guys is, have you ever or do you currently admin a Facebook page or group? Do you find it helps promote your site?

There are several Facebook pages that I handle, mostly related to our office. When we launch contests and some important activities, we normally create a Facebook page. Right now, we are on a campus tour of our movie about Philippine literature so we have a Facebook page to document the activities and the schedule of showing and in what schools. We also post photos of the screening so the students would see their faces in our page. It get good hits because of the participation of the students.

I do own a Facebook page, but I don't use it for social media marketing. It is just some sort of self-expression. But right now, I have kind of overlooked that Facebook page since I am pretty busy doing a lot of freelance writing online. Probably one of these days, I will get back to posting new content on my Facebook page.

I started a page once, but it was too much for me, so I deleted it. I
was actually getting real likes from real people. I had gotten about 45 likes before I decided to delete it. And I deleted it because there was a similar page with more likes than mine. They had thousands of likes. So....I guess I gabe up because of that... which maybe I shouldn't have, but I'm way over it

I had joined a Facebook group before but I never volunteered to be an admin. I just don't want to spend too much time with it because I have better things to do. A facebook group cannot be monetized so during those time I am busy with the then paying Mylot and Bubblews.
I am too busy to stick with the program and handle a responsibility with no salary. I volunteered to be a mod of a forum. I am more of a forum person than a social media person. During the times all of my classmates were on the rage with Friendster,facepic and Myspace, I am so busy with Capcom BBS and Gamefaqs. ( Those are videogame forums and one of them don't exist anymore)

Kennito

For you to really make it in Facebook, you need to post a lot of engagement posts to lure your fans into getting to your website. Facebook marketing is really tough as @The_Arctic_Outcry said, though there is gold in it.

Yes, I have couple of facebook pages. One page is for Vinaya the Author and another page is for Vinaya's book Amazing Alphabets.
I also have a group moderated by me. I did not create this group, a friend of mine created the group and later appointed me as an admin. I actively manage my pages and group on facebook.

Yes, I have couple of facebook pages. One page is for Vinaya the Author and another page is for Vinaya's book Amazing Alphabets.
I also have a group moderated by me. I did not create this group, a friend of mine created the group and later appointed me as an admin. I actively manage my pages and group on facebook.

I have to agree, Facebook groups are better marketing platforms than pages. I believe this due to interactions that happen in groups. I run a page but only a small percentage of my fans get to see my posts; i am planning to create a group.

I have a Facebook profile but I don't use it for any form of advertising. On the other hand I know a couple of people that have their own businesses and they do quite well with their Facebook pages.

The one thing they do say though, is that the number of likes or comments on a Facebook page, doesn't automatically translate over to how busy your business is going to be, so if your page as got fifty likes for example that doesn't necessarily mean your going to get fifty new customers.

akasha24

There are 3 sites I admin on Facebook. Only one of those sites are successful. I also have people who are moderators on the sites.
I have the same problem as you, even though I have a certain amount of likes, not all of those people see my posts. I also have a problem with the engagement. People are not so engaged on the days I post, they only become active after my post has been there for minimum 1-2 days.
However, Facebook is a great platform for promotion and I feel that it does help my videos on Youtube get more views.
To be honest, I only use Facebook for promotion now. Back in the day I used i to talk to my friends every day, but I got bored with it, so now I just post my work (videos, pictures, blog posts) on my wall and then I don't really interact. I only respond to people who write to me, but I don't really write to anyone.

serbog

Yes I'm an admin from our school group on Facebook (so is my friend) and I have a Facebook page that I don't use anymore. It was fun to use like 2 years ago but I got bored of it.

ray

Yes I have three that I manage as admin or moderator. All of these are different Indian writing sites with limited number of members. We allow no spamming so keep a strict watch on posts. Members are allowed to post 1-3 links of their articles on those particular sites only.

Top Bottom