• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you add images to your blog?

I think a proper image can make your blog looks more professional and attractive. It actually add life to your blog. It is rightly said that a picture is worth a thousand words. A proper image with appropriate text content can make your blog SEO friendly to a great extent. So, it is very essential to add a text to your image. Also ensure that the image is relevant to the topic being discussed.

On the other hand an irrelevant, vague image can spoil the entire show. Another important thing to keep in mind is adherence to copyright law. There are a number of sites that offer free images which can be used anywhere on net. I use Pixabay images in my blogs and they got a nice collection of images.

Do you find it important to add image to your blog?

Yes adding images, makes the blog look more attractive and the owner more internet savvy, it's a necessity that compliments the contents of the blog, as visual goes hand in hand with written.

Images are a necessary part of ON-Page optimization of a site. A site must contain SEO optimized articles in order to rank higher in SERP's. But in order to do, we need to add images and probably a video too in our article. So that it's engaging and useful for people. It makes Google think that the content is useful and Hence making the site rank higher in search results.

Definitely, an image related to the story of the blog is very helpful, it greatly enhance the presentation. I sometimes visit blogs to see the images and do not read the story anymore especially when it is a kilometric blog. I am an average surfer with a short attention span of up to 1 page of display only.... I tend to ignore the next pages and just leave the site for some other flavor. I started my blog with text only - science fiction stories - but later on I realized that I have so many images in my archive so why not use them.

Yes images are powerful when used properly and can add colors to the otherwise mundane blog that is filled with words and words. The only downside to using images that I can think of is that it slows down page load time compared to just text. However, this is no longer a big problem considering todays internet speed. Just take note to use it sparingly.

Images make the blog more attractive and readable. There are writers whose words automatically create wonderful pictures in your mind, but a real picture is hundred times powerful than words. I used to include free images from Wikimedia Commons or from Pixabay.

Though pictures can make your blog looks visually appealing, sometimes they were not necessarily needed. There are some people who are alienated by those picture heavy blogs because it slows down their internet connection. People with slow internet connection can't stand picture heavy blogs because they were not able to access it.

If your Blog is adult content related, pictures are not necessary sometimes because there are people who wanted visit sites that are SFW. There are people who wanted to read Adult content in a very discreet and stealth way.

I always have at least one image on my blog. When I use image,I use keyword as the name of the image.I also add tags and description on the image.

ray

I add images in my articles according to its length. I try to keep images limited to one every 500 words if the post is a longer one else limited to one per post. I generally use my own images for my travel writing or from websites offering use of free images like pixabay or Wikimedia commons.

Yes I do post images on my blog regularly with each post. Image with article or post can make it even better. Article or post without image looks little dull. If we can post image which is our post related, then it is even more good. Particular image for post can give whole idea about that post to readers. Plus images are good for getting good rank in search engine too. So better we get the practice of posting images with our posts.

ray

@Naruto100 I agree with you, as they say an image is as good as 100 words, I always use images according to demand of the post. As I have mentioned earlier I mostly write travel related post especially the places I visit I am at an advantage as I always use my own images for my articles. Such articles and images perfectly compliment to each other.

@Naruto100 I agree with you, as they say an image is as good as 100 words, I always use images according to demand of the post. As I have mentioned earlier I mostly write travel related post especially the places I visit I am at an advantage as I always use my own images for my articles. Such articles and images perfectly compliment to each other.
That's really great. In that case you are really having an advantage as you can post your own photos which you have taken during journey. Image in the articles surely says more than texts only. We must have habit of posing images related to our articles. You are having nice interest there as you can post more images on your articles. Keep it on.

Binu

An image can make or break blog post. Image will always supplement when the text fails to deliver. However, images should be always relevant to the blog post,you should have rights to use the images or use Creative Commons images.

I think that adding images to blogs is a great way to keep things more interesting. A great illustration doesn't hurt especially when followed by a great story or article. I find myself being more attracted to any site with images, I feel like it brings more options for different types of audiences.

Yes! :) I always add images on topics that I find most interesting because the topics become more attractive :cool:, so it's possible that more people participate in it.

It's always nice to have a very interactive blog, right? :rolleyes:

Yes I do add image on my blog. A blog without an image or appropriate image isn't enticing at all in my opinion. I add images on my blog not just for it to look interesting but also for the viewers to see the product or stuff you are referring to and it will make it easier for them to have their own idea or opinion based on the images inputted on your blog.

biege

I have a blog about photography, so obviously my answer is yes. Without pictures my posts are crap. :) Most people like to see pictures in every articles, yours would look plain and boring if you only put texts.

remnant

I used to run a blog on health in Hubpages and they required every blog to have at least two quality images. This not only enhances the blogs utility, but it also imparts a more professional touch. You have to invest in a good lens to do so, otherwise you should use free stock photo sites as most images on the internet are copyrighted. Inserting the photos in the body of the blog is particularly effective in promoting the authenticity of the blog.

ray

Most writing sites have made it compulsory to add an image with every post and not only an image but a different image with every post. I think it helps the content index better and search engines return better results too. I am adding an image from Pixabay with each of article if I do not have a matching one of my own.

Top Bottom