• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Content is king

I want to know how other webmasters are managing keeping fresh content up and going. I am having somewhat of a difficult time doing so. I know that it is important to be constantly driving traffic back to the site. By doing so I know that you do need content on top of content.

What are you all doing to keep your sites fresh?

Go outside your comfort zone and try tackling subjects you never tried before. Try to widen your your horizons. Let's say your website is a Food Blog. At the beginning of your site, you only share recipes. After than you will try different type of cuisines around the world and also recipes that caters with people who have different diet lifestyles like Vegan, Vegetarian,Halal, gluten free and Benito. To freshen up your site you will try reviewing some restaurants around your area. Try to offer something new while still doing the tongs your older audience loves.

lludawg

I often hit walls as well when writing articles. A good tip is to check out what topics are trending on Google or social media sites and then write articles referencing those things. There are always new things coming out so check the news often.

If you are really stuck, sometime it is best to take a few days off to think and clear your head. You never know when a new idea will pop up out of the blue!

One of the hardest part in maintaining a site or a forum is the interesting content that are fresh all the time. When nothing is added in a day, readers tend to shy away. From our experience, you cannot just rely on the community for the updating of the forum. Sometimes the members are just waiting for new threads to reply on and they don't have the initiative to create sensible threads. In those cases, the mods should always be prepared in pitching in with their ideas.

Top Bottom