• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Considerations in designing a webpage

My main considerations in a webpage design is the the colors as the first aspect. I may be color blind at times but I can still discern a good color combination. Second is the subsectioning for the contents. A menu would be good to have if there is a long list of items to choose from. But for a blog-like webpage, I don't think a menu would be appropriate. The third consideration for a good web page is the speed of display vis-a-vis the graphics. If the page is heavy with graphics, that wouldn't pass my standards.

I think webpages should just be simple and not complicated because not everyone have superior fact internet connection to play HD videos and load built in flash. Color schemes should also be simple. Pastel colors, while, gray and Black are the most acceptable for the eyes. No one wanted Neon colors that were too bright like Cyan and electric bubble gum pink because they can actually cause seizures to epileptic people, specially of they go with blinking special effects.

Last edited:
I like webpage that has readable font, eye pleasing colors and not cluttered with flashing ads. Excessive outbound links are also a big no-no for me. I don't like websites where I encounter many pop up ads.

I also don't like sites that opens a lot of pop ups and I am not talking about ads. There are websites where every button you click opens a pop up. Instead of opening a new tab or directly transfer you that area, they will open a pop up instead. My online bank is like that and it is very annoying.

I also hated those super strict websites that forces me to answer captchas. There are better ways to block spammers and this is not the right way.

One thing to take into consideration in designing a web is its look and feel. The design must be consistent all over the site beginning from the text, alignment, template, color etc. Take note, all aspects must compliment each other to attain a professional looking and user-friendly website. The websites functionality must be taken into account. For instance, websites must contain menu button for easier navigation. Social links, contact information, search bars and navigation bar maybe beneficial to your site, besides it adds up to the user experience of the visitors.

zenhashy

Yes Sir. You 're right. The first a person notices when he or she is opening a website is its colors, second only is the content. To make your website interesting make the color of it suitable to your target audience.

One thing that some webmasters fail to realize is that importance of simplicity when it comes to designing a website. Yes, it's good to have a well designed site but over doing it with design kills the website because it's likely to make the website slow in loading as a result of too many patches on the site.

Color should be selected based on one's discretion but it's good to use something attractive but not too bright. Personally, I prefer using a mild color theme. Also consider the image size used on it the site.

ion

You're right about the colors. I really feel irritated and somehow having headache because of the color combination of the site. Search engine also is the one I'm looking for, to easily find what I'm really looking for.

You're right about the colors. I really feel irritated and somehow having headache because of the color combination of the site. Search engine also is the one I'm looking for, to easily find what I'm really looking for.
Some people really have a bad choice when it comes to choosing colors. In fact, I would consider them to being color blind because they literally cannot be able to pick out good colors to design their site with.

There was one forum which I saw that had about 6 different colors in it and I was like is it a color riot forum?

ion

Some people really have a bad choice when it comes to choosing colors. In fact, I would consider them to being color blind because they literally cannot be able to pick out good colors to design their site with.

There was one forum which I saw that had about 6 different colors in it and I was like is it a color riot forum?
Yeah, that's right, and actually my eyes are easy to irritate, and if I stay long to that kind of site, it will become trigger to my migraine, and the next thing is vomiting. The more they wanted to become attracted their site by mixing colors, the more it gets irritated.

Yeah, that's right, and actually my eyes are easy to irritate, and if I stay long to that kind of site, it will become trigger to my migraine, and the next thing is vomiting. The more they wanted to become attracted their site by mixing colors, the more it gets irritated.
What I would say is that too much of everything is very bad. Instead of the too much color to bring about positive results to one's site, it would turn and ruin it be chasing its visitors away.

What I would say is that too much of everything is very bad. Instead of the too much color to bring about positive results to one's site, it would turn and ruin it be chasing its visitors away.
This is the case for most newcomers. They try to overcompensate by putting tons of graphics. It ends up looking amateurish at best and unattractive at worst.

This is the case for most newcomers. They try to overcompensate by putting tons of graphics. It ends up looking amateurish at best and unattractive at worst.
You know one that is very peculiar with all newbies in anything is that they are too eager to impress and I really wouldn't blame them because of the competition in the business. So therefore, the tension and pressure to impress makes them get every single thing wrong and it affects their job in a bad way. This is why a guider is needed to put you in the right path as a newbie.

Yes, I see it happen all the time. They're too caught up in making a great first impression. While that's important, they should focus more on building a stable increase in engagement. Their site should have a solid foundation that will last for years to come.

Yes, I see it happen all the time. They're too caught up in making a great first impression. While that's important, they should focus more on building a stable increase in engagement. Their site should have a solid foundation that will last for years to come.
You remember the saying that "experience is the best teacher", it's just what is obtainable with all newbies in web design and online business. When they start and fail, they learn from their mistakes and do it better next time. I think that we all made this type of mistake at one point in time in our lives.

That's true. I guess it's a case of learning when to make those mistakes. Sometimes it can have negative effects on your website. That's why understanding how it affects your potential clients come from experience.

The truth is that nobody is a guru in anything he or she does in the first trail @Steve5, so therefore in the process of learning and coming up with the mistakes, comes the knowledge and how to improve on the job. So therefore, most times I don't see mistakes as something to beat up oneself about but a lesson to build on.

That's encouraging. Lots of newcomers are easily dissuaded. They hold on to their rookie mistakes and feel too bad about it. I'm sure with proper guidance and motivation, people can grow their websites to reach new heights.

ion

I think webpages should just be simple and not complicated because not everyone have superior fact internet connection to play HD videos and load built in flash. Color schemes should also be simple. Pastel colors, while, gray and Black are the most acceptable for the eyes. No one wanted Neon colors that were too bright like Cyan and electric bubble gum pink because they can actually cause seizures to epileptic people, specially of they go with blinking special effects.
You're right, my eyes are really suffer from this neon lights colors of websites, as long as the sites owner making it more colorful to get attention, the more visitors avoid it. It's not helping actually.

You're right, my eyes are really suffer from this neon lights colors of websites, as long as the sites owner making it more colorful to get attention, the more visitors avoid it. It's not helping actually.
Yes, it's really prevalent. I hope more site owners consider the people visiting their websites. It's not nice to get bombarded by super bright colors that make your eyes hurt. It only makes people not want to visit your site again.

Top Bottom