• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chatabout

So, does anyone here use Chatabout? It's very simple. You can get some daily bonus points for doing certain things, like taking the daily poll. You can post in tons of different topics. They also have offer walls. I don't bother with those, since too many of them never credit for me. I get all the spam from them, just not the points I'm supposed to get. Some people have good luck with them though, I guess, but beware.

Chatabout raised the rate at which you can cash out (doubled it), so I don't mess with it much any more. If I had more time, I might, because it's fairly fun to "chat about" and it's certainly easy enough. It just eats up a lot more of my time, which I don't have much of right now.

I guess it's good for new users, since they get an instant 500 points to sign up (which is kind of a kick to the old members). They should have just cleaned up their site. If they hadn't doubled the rate, which chased people away... they wouldn't have to pay new members to sign up. Go figure.

1000 points equals a $5.00 gift card or $5.00 PayPal payment.

I signed up for chat about months ago, but I have never used it. I guess that I have forgotten about it because I was doing post loop and another site and it just slipped my mind...for months.... The only time that I even remembered that I had an account with them was a few weeks ago when I went in my email and saw an email from them and I was like "Oh yeah, I forgot about you", but I still did not log in and chat....I don't even remember my log in details. I will probably delete my account soon

I love this online work since all you have to do is chat about anything you like and want, but I think accumulating 1000 points in one day is kind of difficult to do. I hope they would raise their rate even more. Anyway, if it is okay to ask, how much money do you earn from Chatabout in a month?

So, does anyone here use Chatabout? It's very simple. You can get some daily bonus points for doing certain things, like taking the daily poll. You can post in tons of different topics. They also have offer walls. I don't bother with those, since too many of them never credit for me. I get all the spam from them, just not the points I'm supposed to get. Some people have good luck with them though, I guess, but beware.

Chatabout raised the rate at which you can cash out (doubled it), so I don't mess with it much any more. If I had more time, I might, because it's fairly fun to "chat about" and it's certainly easy enough. It just eats up a lot more of my time, which I don't have much of right now.

I guess it's good for new users, since they get an instant 500 points to sign up (which is kind of a kick to the old members). They should have just cleaned up their site. If they hadn't doubled the rate, which chased people away... they wouldn't have to pay new members to sign up. Go figure.

I have not been to ChatAbout for quite a time and I didn't know that they now pay 500 points as signing bonus. My bank has more than 400 points but I seem to have lost the energy to pursue my earnings there. It's way much easier to earn in some other sites than there. I get to develop mental fatigue for excessive posting there. In fairness to ChatAbout, that is the first site that paid me. I had cashed out $5 for 3 times already which I used to buy household items. I will be grateful for that.

It is not international, or at least it is not available in my country. Do any of you know an alternative that may work in Asia (Singapore)? I would like to give this kind of site a try because it seem like easy money to be earned. Too bad that most of them are only opened to US/UK.

It is not international, or at least it is not available in my country. Do any of you know an alternative that may work in Asia (Singapore)? I would like to give this kind of site a try because it seem like easy money to be earned. Too bad that most of them are only opened to US/UK.
Chatabout is not worth it, that site have a banning lottery so they can keep the population of the site beyond the number of people they can pay. Post loop is open to all people and they pay decently but their obsession with Grammar makes them have a high rejection rate and they don't give second chance. Upwork pays people pays people to write articles but the competition is fierce.

I have used Chatabout. However, right now I am at almost 600 points. It was very difficult for me to make that much. I would not recommend it too much. Because you have too do quite a bit to get paid. Not as much as Humantic but yu have to do enough lol.

I love this online work since all you have to do is chat about anything you like and want, but I think accumulating 1000 points in one day is kind of difficult to do. I hope they would raise their rate even more. Anyway, if it is okay to ask, how much money do you earn from Chatabout in a month?
Yeah, I'd probably want to gouge my eyes out before I'd be able to make $5.00 per day there on a regular basis. You have to enter a captcha with every post too. Like I said, some people do very well with offers and surveys (which give a lot more points, when they actually credit). I haven't had good luck though, so I make most of my points one at a time by posting.

I don't mind you asking, but as noted, I haven't really been working that site lately. I don't have the extra time. I think I've only cashed out once or twice since they doubled the points needed to do so.

I agree, Alyssa. I just thought I'd share it, because I know some people are always looking, and many are willing to try anything legit at least once. It is legit, as it does pay, and it is simple enough that anyone can do it.

This site is not worth time time if you are one of their "lucky" members who wins their " banning lottery" There are websites out there that pays higher and treats their members better. What you can earn from this site for 3 weeks can be earned in he day in other sites so it is not worth the time. I don't want to spend hours of my time just to earn 5 dollars in 3 weeks. 5 dollars is already attainable daily in many good websites that actually treats their members with ore dignity. They selectively pay some members so they will have some to help them.

I used this site for sometime and left as it is very difficult to earn there. When I joined the site a few months back I got a bonus of 500 pints and all I have to earn was 500 points more to cash out. They paid me almost instantly through PayPal. Then I found that it is very difficult to earn there as they offer only $.005 per post of 25 words minimum. And the captcha is really disturbing, it takes a lot of time to load and eats away a lot of time. Otherwise you need to upgrade your membership by paying $5 and I don't think it is worthwhile to spend time there. I would definitely give it a look if they increase their pay rates.

Chatabout it's ridiculous if you want to earn money there, it's not their main purpose afterall. It's only worth if you use it not for the money but to "chatabout" and have some fun/a good time there, then the money will come from time to time and you won't even notice it.

Other thing you can try to do, I don't know if it really works, it's trying to write articles, the ones that pays 50 cents a piece (I think they call them articles, if not mistaken). I tried to write a couple articles but they didn't send me any reply, if they accepted or not... Anyone tried this before?

Another point I would like to add is that their article writing section is ridiculous. They boast of giving 100 points per article they accept. But the sad fact is that we never know what happens to our submitted articles there. There is no tracking mechanism to know the status of your article. I have submitted four articles there one month back and I am still in dark as to what happened to them. Moreover, the customer care never bothers to reply for our queries. Only positive thing is that they do pay when at last you reach the withdrawal limit of $5.

I would not work for a low pay rate of $.005/comment and that is not a place worthwhile to spend our valuable time.

Another point I would like to add is that their article writing section is ridiculous. They boast of giving 100 points per article they accept. But the sad fact is that we never know what happens to our submitted articles there. There is no tracking mechanism to know the status of your article. I have submitted four articles there one month back and I am still in dark as to what happened to them. Moreover, the customer care never bothers to reply for our queries. Only positive thing is that they do pay when at last you reach the withdrawal limit of $5.

I would not work for a low pay rate of $.005/comment and that is not a place worthwhile to spend our valuable time.
Yes, I also "published"/sent them an articles, it's been 2 weeks since then, and I had no clue what they did to them. There are other similar sites where we know exactly in which phase the evaluation is, if it's already been viewed, if it need corrections etc. If your article is good enough they can even steal it and sell it and you will never know unless you see it published elsewhere with another author name under it...

And being paid at the rate of 0,005 cents per post it at least ridiculous... Of course their main purpose it's to be a site where you go there just for fun, not to win some money. But still... please, it's almost slavery.

Chatabout it's ridiculous if you want to earn money there, it's not their main purpose afterall. It's only worth if you use it not for the money but to "chatabout" and have some fun/a good time there, then the money will come from time to time and you won't even notice it.

Other thing you can try to do, I don't know if it really works, it's trying to write articles, the ones that pays 50 cents a piece (I think they call them articles, if not mistaken). I tried to write a couple articles but they didn't send me any reply, if they accepted or not... Anyone tried this before?
Wow, I guess I really have been gone from there a while. The pay is even lower, much lower, than it was before it seems.

I didn't know there was a thing to "upgrade" your membership for $5.00, but I think that's bogus. I won't be doing that.

No, I don't write the articles. They don't even respond if your article is turned down, as far as I know. You are just left wondering. It doesn't pay nearly enough for a full article anyway, in my opinion.

fatema

I' just going to be real here, ChatAbout is a really good site, but it has very little pay. It pays about $0.02 every post. So, you would have to devote a lot of time to earn at least $100 a month. I think it's quite challenging, but if you really want it you can really get it. I have quite a few points on there, but haven't redeemed it yet. So, I don't know if it's a scam or not. I've seen a lot of payment proofs about it though. Won't be harmful to try it out.

I' just going to be real here, ChatAbout is a really good site, but it has very little pay. It pays about $0.02 every post. So, you would have to devote a lot of time to earn at least $100 a month. I think it's quite challenging, but if you really want it you can really get it. I have quite a few points on there, but haven't redeemed it yet. So, I don't know if it's a scam or not. I've seen a lot of payment proofs about it though. Won't be harmful to try it out.
I think it's more like half a cent per comment these days, not 2 cents. I can't imagine being able to make $100.00 in a month on Chatabout, unless you sat on there 24/7. It used to be better, but now it's just tedious, if you ask me.

You also have to do a CAPTCHA for every comment, which eats up even more of your time. Plus, too many of the "offers" never credit. I just don't find it rewarding any more.

I think it's more like half a cent per comment these days, not 2 cents. I can't imagine being able to make $100.00 in a month on Chatabout, unless you sat on there 24/7. It used to be better, but now it's just tedious, if you ask me.

You also have to do a CAPTCHA for every comment, which eats up even more of your time. Plus, too many of the "offers" never credit. I just don't find it rewarding any more.
They pay half a cent actually, it's just slavery in my honest opinion. Not worth, if you want to earn money online this is certainly not the best thing you can do. You need to search for other ways to earn good money, not to be a slave.

And that CAPTCHA says it all, they also want to earn more money with that, they probably sell all the CAPCTCHAS to some site that pays for that, that's why you need to solve a lot o CAPTCHAS, the more you solve the more money they earn. And yes of course it's to prevent bots as well. But mainly to win money selling the solved CAPCTHAS.

I think you got it wrong. They never pay $.02 per post, it is only $.005 per post of 25 words. Had it been $.02 per post I would be the happiest person using that site..ha..ha. A goal of $100 in a month is very unrealistic. You cannot achieve it even if you spend your entire life there. One positive thing is that they pay on time and there is no doubt on that. I also got paid once and then I stopped using that site due to its low earning potential.

When I joined there was a bonus of 500 points. All I needed to do was to collect another 500 points to reach the minimum withdrawal limit of $5. I got that amount without any issues.

Top Bottom