• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Captcha jobs

There are two sites, and you can register with one of them. They are sister concerns, so, will not accept accounts in both the sites. The names of the sites are Protypers and Megatypers.

About the legitimacy, people say that captcha typing itself is a kind of job, which is being provided for the purpose of scamming. The nature of the job is not legit.

However, I had an account with Protypers, and got paid once before finally giving up. The work is boring and exceptionally less paid.

nytegeek

I wouldn't do it. I don't see how helping to circumvent captchas is legitimate work regardless of legality. Add to that the fact that payouts are low for for boring and repetitive work. It's not for me.

In a word, no!

Not only is the pay low, and you'd probably be able to earn maybe $2 a day for 8hrs work, I'd be very concerned about why somebody would be paying to type captchas in the first place.

The only reason I can see, is for them to be able to bypass the security feature of a site, so there's two reasons for a start I wouldn't go near this type of work.

If the pay is that low, you all are right it is not for me. I was also questioning why that work is available, unless like Pwarbi said to bypass security. So I just wanted everyone's opinion, I am not going to do this work. I will find something else.

I think a lot of people see these kind of opportunities and because they seem easy to do they are tempted by them at first.

When you realise the pay rates and how ethical they are, many people will change their mind.

Here a question for you though, what if the job was unethical and involved you doing something shady, BUT the the pay rates was good. Then would you be tempted? Would your morals interfere with your bank balance?

No, I would not be tempted if the pay rate was good if it was unethical. Yes, my morals would interfere with my bank balance. I am not going to do something that is against my morals, unethical, or illegal just to expand my bank balance. My question to you is would you be tempted if the pay was great?

Three years ago, I registered in captcha sites because I am looking for online jobs to earn some extra money. I joined Protypers and Megatypers, however, I never reached the lowest payout because it is a slow earning job.

I searched for other captcha sites but I came to read something about the legality of captcha jobs. According to the post I read, it is illegal and intended to help the hackers. After reading that, I decided stay away from those sites.

No, I would not be tempted if the pay rate was good if it was unethical. Yes, my morals would interfere with my bank balance. I am not going to do something that is against my morals, unethical, or illegal just to expand my bank balance. My question to you is would you be tempted if the pay was great?
Depends on the pay rate! Joke! No, I wouldn't do something either purely for the money. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means rich but I like to be able to sleep with a clear conscience and while maybe the captcha sites aren't going to be the worst thing you can do, there are a lot of sites out there were the jobs they require doing are a little shady, shall we say.

Three years ago, I registered in captcha sites because I am looking for online jobs to earn some extra money. I joined Protypers and Megatypers, however, I never reached the lowest payout because it is a slow earning job.

I searched for other captcha sites but I came to read something about the legality of captcha jobs. According to the post I read, it is illegal and intended to help the hackers. After reading that, I decided stay away from those sites.
Well then I am glad I have not done any of that type work. There is no way that I want to help hackers. I'm glad you read that article on it and decided against it.

I think people just by using their common sense would realise that any work like that is going to be used fraudulently and is something that they would stay well clear of.

There's a lot of sites around these days that provide legitimate work so in my opinion there's no need to stopping as low as that just to make a few cents here and there.

akasha24

To give you a quick answer, yes! There are several data entry/captcha jobs out there that are legit and not scams. At the moment, there are two sites I know of. One is Megatypers and the other is basically the same site, only the name is different, it's called Protypers. I have an account with both, but I don't work on them anymore. I worked on them maybe 2 years ago. Back then, you were able to make $3 fast, but now the pay is terrible. It's a waste of time in my opinion and it's also boring, but there are sites like this out there I just feel that the amount of time I would waste with these, I could actually be working on other sites where I am able to reach the cash out limit fairly quickly.

Captcha job is undoubtedly a waste of time and energy. I would advise anybody to do this if they really wanted to make their life miserable by entering those captchas. There is no productivity and it is not helping you grow in any way. As @pwarbi has rightly said it is an illegal thing to bypass security of sites. I don't know why people are doing this even after paying too less compared to the effort put in there.

There are better opportunities available out there to earn. Even the worst PTC jobs are far better and well paid than captcha jobs.

It's the legality of it that concerns me the most as well to be honest, and while the moral and ethical grounds might not matter to some, I'm sure if a site was able to prove it was you that bypassed their security by inputting the captcha via one of them websites, they'd definitely have grounds to prosecute.

nailah783

I have tried these sites before, and I have yet to find a legit one. That's just me though. I haven't found a good one. That doesn't mean that there isn't a good one out there, but like everybody else is saying, it's boring tedious work for one and for two it's kind of sketchy. Just be careful and do your research.

The reason you haven't, in fact anybody hasn't found a good, legitimate one out there is because there isn't one.

They ARE all the same, and any job, idle you want to call it that, that wants you to solve captcha's will be wanting you to do it for illegal reasons, and its as simple as that in my opinion.

Captcha job is undoubtedly a waste of time and energy. I would advise anybody to do this if they really wanted to make their life miserable by entering those captchas. There is no productivity and it is not helping you grow in any way. As @pwarbi has rightly said it is an illegal thing to bypass security of sites. I don't know why people are doing this even after paying too less compared to the effort put in there.

There are better opportunities available out there to earn. Even the worst PTC jobs are far better and well paid than captcha jobs.
You are right! I have not done Captcha jobs so far. I think it is not worth working on it because there is nothing creative in it. I think if we continue working on it we will lose our power of thinking.

You are right! I have not done Captcha jobs so far. I think it is not worth working on it because there is nothing creative in it. I think if we continue working on it we will lose our power of thinking.
That is quite right. It may gradually make us lazy. The worst part is that they pay only peanuts for our efforts in a captcha job site. I think a PTC job is much better than captcha job to waste our time and energy. I think there are only a few captcha job sites online, may be because people normally do not like captcha jobs in general. It is a very tedious work and low pay rate makes it even worse. Coupled with it the bad intention behind the whole project makes it a strict NO in online earning field. I wonder why one should waste their time on such sites when there are better opportunities available for everybody.

Someone again offered me and sent her link of a captcha site. I disagreed and rejected it. I already knew about its legality, but that person is still defending. Anyway, even it is legal, I don't want to work in captcha sites anymore. Rates are very low and I can earn in other sites that are easier than captcha jobs.

Someone again offered me and sent her link of a captcha site. I disagreed and rejected it. I already knew about its legality, but that person is still defending. Anyway, even it is legal, I don't want to work in captcha sites anymore. Rates are very low and I can earn in other sites that are easier than captcha jobs.
I think you took the right decision. You are right, even if it is legally right by any chance, it is the most tedious job I have ever seen. You can't even blink your eyes during the job. On the other hand in jobs like article writing or forum posting you have enough time to think and show your creativity. Catptcha job is too monotonous to do. But in my early days I tried to do this along with some PTC jobs, but could not earn anything significant. I think you can channelize your energy towards other good earning sites where you can learn something new every day while earning.

Top Bottom