• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Buying domain with hosting

Kevin

Do you buy your domains from the same place you have your hosting? I have heard this might not be a good thing to do. From what I have read on the internet people tend to have problems when switching to a new host. Have you had problems when trying to switch?

Chris

I never host where I get my domains anymore, I use separate companies. When I first started out I had my first domain where I was hosting and it was a complete nightmare when I tried to transfer it to a new host. I finally did it, but I had to totally redo my entire site because a lot of files were corrupted in the transfer. I would never do it again.

Brian

I have always used separate companies. I have friends that had problems when they used the same host for domains and hosting. I decided to not take a chance on it. It is better to be safe than sorry when dealing with business matters like this.

I always buy the hosting from the company where I have registered my domain.This saves me from the technical issues that I could have in the future. I would not switch the host until I would be 100 percent dissatisfied. As long as the host has a great customer support, I will stay around.

Top Bottom