• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bluehost

Would you recommend Bluehost to others?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May Be

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is for writing your reviews, suggestions or complaints on the web hosting company Bluehost. As this is a review section only, please do not post any links in this thread.

I wouldn't recommend them because they screwed me over, I just created a thread about them. They tried to charge me a lot of money when it was time for me to renew my hosting plan. They upgraded my account to one that was much more expensive and almost automatically re-billed me for it but didn't get a chance because I caught it.

I went into my billing section and found out that I was going to be paying for a completely different plan than I bought the previous year. I was not happy about that, I'm sure they are a great company but they had misleading plan details, changed my plan without emailing me, and almost automatically re-billed me for something I did not consent to.

I have to wonder if they actually did an upgrade without your permission or if the renewal price was just such a jump from the introductory offer that you thought that was the case. If it's the latter, that's why I always tell people to check what the regular rate is before signing up for cheap promotions, since I learned it the hard way.

I don't like the auto-renew thing. They did mine at least a month in advance, which I wasn't expecting. My bad, I guess, but I didn't even know they would auto-renew without contacting me. I planned to shut it down right before the renewal would come up, but it was too late. I wasn't happy about losing that money.

I will definitely read all the fine print more carefully in future endeavors. I will also be sure that sites don't save my credit card info or remove it myself.

Top Bottom