• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

Blogger vs wordpress

Sharon

In my opinion Blogger is an EXCELLENT website to use when you are first starting a blog - they are an ideal service if you're also using a blog for your own personal online journal. Wordpress is a tad bit more involved but it is much easier to customize and you have more control over your blog I think. I recently moved from Blogger to Wordpress and I must say I am REALLY glad I did.

What are your opinions about Blogger VS Wordpress?

hbgmysite

A lot of people think that having a Blogger blog gives them an unfair advantage because Blogger is owned by Google. Unfortunately that's not the case. You have less chances of getting quality links to a Blogger blog and less chances of your content being shared on social media. I know from experience because I have active blogs on both platforms. It's kind of sad that people don't take you seriously if you're on Blogger but that's just how it goes.

Bilby

Both are equally good overall but have different strengths and weakness. I lean towards Blogger because monetization, especially via Adsense, is easier.

That said I think more people are using Wordpress now because they were the first large blogging platform to allow static pages and provide themes that could be easy customized without using html. Although Blogger does now offer the same abilities.

I don't like WordPress for one reason, It looks very complicated for me. It's interface have so much going on that I find it confusing and complicated to use. I love the simplicity of blogger. As someone who blogs and as someone who loves to read blogs of other people. Enjoyed blogger much more than WordPress and Tumblr. Though I am not really a fan of WordPress, I will rather read a WordPress blog than a Tumblr blog.

I have heard a lot about this recently. I actually like WordPress better than Blogger. The reason being that Blogger just seems like a site that really needs to be updated. The way that it's set up just looks old and like they haven't been able to update it for the longest time. WordPress is great because of how easy it was to set up a blog. Anything that you would need for a blog is right there. Plus, it's very updated so that it looks like it wasn't made a long time ago.

I had my first blogging experience through the use of Blogger, and I could say it is really a great site to start with. Now, you can already link your Blogger account to your Google AdSense account and be able to monetize your site. On the other hand, I haven't had any experience with WordPress yet, but I have already read some good reviews about it. Well, it really depends on your preference whether which one suits you better.

stargazer

I have started blogs both in Blogger and Wordpress. But I find Blogger more user-friendly. I was somehow confused then at wordpress.

I never tried a pay out in blogging yet because of my inactive blogs. Hoping that with Web Discussions forum, I will be motivated to resume some of the blogs I once started.;)

So I guess, I really have to visit and try Wordpress again.

Blogger is very good but world press is not bad either I using both but one thing is very good from blog is they are very friendly and you can easily approve AdSense if you write well, same thing I done and now earning very good money from it.
World press is Alps improving and they add many features as well.

Back in my early teens I would always be making blogs with blogger, it's the easiest to use for begginers,
Wordpress is a little bit more difficult to use, but it's also a good blogging platform, those are far the two
best free blogging platforms, if I had to make a blog right now I would choose Wordpress because I think
that Wordpress blogs get more views and gain more traffic, but that's only my personal experience.

I am used to Blogger because that's where my blogs are. But I have recently signed up with a site that offers a free blog and that I can earn from it. Well, a newbie understandably would hit snags and experience difficulties. But I was able to post my first blog. However, I am still grappling with the design - how to change the topmost header that displays the name of the theme. I may be needing my microscope, waheehee. But in fairness to me, I was able to insert a photo in my blog. Great eh?

I have always wanted to start a blog, but due to so many blogging sites, I could not pick one. I know about blogger and I know about Wordpress, but I have not tried them. Isn't about.com a blogging site too? Maybe I will join one

Blogger is easier to use than Wordpress. Most novice will find it more comfortable to handle blogger because it has everything settled out for you already. Wordpress requires a bit of tinkering to get it to work. Perhaps this is the reason we see many spammy sites hosted on blogger. Generally, wordpress are more professional and has greater features than blogger does. But, if you are simply going for minimalistic website, then blogger would be good enough too.

1. I think wordpress is the better option so far. It has shown supremacy over blogger in terms of the themes they provide. So I say go for wordpress if you are making a blog.

1. I think wordpress is the better option so far. It has shown supremacy over blogger in terms of the themes they provide. So I say go for wordpress if you are making a blog.
The first platform I used was blogger. And to be honest, it is really easy to use as compared to wordpress, which took me a few hours of tweaking to get it working. If you know html (which I do), then you can design blogger template to make it look more professional. It has enough feature for most novice to get through their first blogging journey

Yesterday I joined a site that uses Wordpress for uploading articles. Since I have no experience with Wordpress except for a short stint in one writing site, you can guess my difficulty. But since I pretend to be a techie, waheehee, I was able to successfully upload my first article and had also tweaked the settings to my liking. However, there is something in the design of the page that I couldn't change... the name of the theme is the header of the blogpage.

Since I'm now into starting a blog again, I'm going to go do some more research on the two of them to see which one that I should go with.

Top Bottom