• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best free forum software

Hugop

In your opinion, which is your favourite forum software and why?

I think MyBB and phpBB are the best free forum softwares, but I like MyBB the most. I have hopes that MyBB 2.0 is going to beat paid forum softwares like XenForo.

Is phpBB or MyBB one of the best free forum software? Or do you think another software is better?

lludawg

I had to choose either MyBB and phpBB when I started my forum. I decided to go with MyBB and I was not disappointed! I like it a lot because there are so many useful plugins for it. I was also able to find many good-looking themes. The one thing I kind of dislike about it though is the fact that spammers can sometimes get in easily and attack.

Raiden

I had to choose either MyBB and phpBB when I started my forum. I decided to go with MyBB and I was not disappointed! I like it a lot because there are so many useful plugins for it. I was also able to find many good-looking themes. The one thing I kind of dislike about it though is the fact that spammers can sometimes get in easily and attack.
MyBB as well for me. First one I used - nice, clean, powerful, and lots of good plugins + themes. And I had issues with spammers at first too. But all you have to do is just have a good security question, like, say: "What is the first letter in our forum's name?"

For me myBB will always be my favourite free forum software because of the endless amount of plugins, themes and customizations it has for the software. I think that it is also the best supported free forum software as you can get help for any problems you encounter almost anywhere on the internet because it is so well known. Additionally I think the software is easy to use, update and install for the time unlike phpBB which is always a pain to manage and use

Kennito

My favorite forum software is phpBB . Maybe it is because I am not used to the rest of the software. I am planning to start using Xenoro just to get taste of it and see how convenient it is as compared to phpBB .

I will go with mybb anytime.
It's the best free forum software out there, according to me. The plugins, support...everything is great for mybb, except for the look.
I am not fond of mybb's default look. I don't really like premium themes either.

I see many forums using MyBB and phpBB. Interestingly, this forum is using XenoForo. I don't have any experience of using forum softwares.

Top Bottom