• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best forum scripts with respect to security?

What is the best forum script with respect to security?
I don't know for sure but mybb isn't that secure. Even though I like mybb, many hackers out there, target this script.
But I heard that Xenforo offers good security. Is that right?

gagywii

As you say, Xenforo offers a better security thanks to its developers. vBulletin (the one used here) is pretty good and secure too. But they're not free. Xenforo costs $140 and vBulletin $250. phpBB is free and it has a huge community behind it, and they release constant security updates. If you can't afford a paid script, I recommend you phpBB. It runs great even in a free web hosting provider.

gagywii;n329 wrote: As you say, Xenforo offers a better security thanks to its developers. vBulletin (the one used here) is pretty good and secure too. But they're not free. Xenforo costs $140 and vBulletin $250. phpBB is free and it has a huge community behind it, and they release constant security updates. If you can't afford a paid script, I recommend you phpBB. It runs great even in a free web hosting provider.
If you have to choose between phpbb and mybb, what would you choose?
phpbb's notification system isn't that good where as mybb's plugin is really good.

So, does phpbb offers as much functionality as mybb?

kibria97

you have to choose between phpbb and mybb, what would you choose?
phpbb's notification system isn't that good

Top Bottom